Search results

1. fortune46x

Arrive and drive?

In the midwest there is.
  2. fortune46x

New Honda Talon to launch Nov 27th 2018!

They were actually working with Textron to get a car, then some of their antics in public ruined that for them. Then their response on their "review" cut their own throat. If you watch their review - Look at the yxz's exhaust and see if you can see whats missing in that "stock" car. Then when...
  3. fortune46x

Has the Fat Lady Sung?

Moderation is what makes or breaks forums IMO. You get someone with a bias whether it be oem brand or aftermarket brand that tries constantly discrediting your info you are sharing and it drives people away. Not saying that moderation is the case here but it is with others. I've removed...
  4. fortune46x

Elka Stage 5 shocks for Rzr 1000 xp

Social media has taken over where a forum was. Its far easier to get answers on there than it is on forums especially when you are in a hurry and in some cases deal with a forum moderator that wants to control the content/moderate until the forum is to their personal liking. Point in case ...
  5. fortune46x

XX wins V2R

Even fuel/ignition tuning with a full exhaust and a intake change yields great results. 16hp over stock in the 4-5k rpm range with a 143 peak. It wakes it up drastically.
  6. fortune46x

XX wins V2R

Stock internals, I am not sure if he was running the stage 2 Speedwerx kit or not. Its surprising how much you can gain out of the car with clutching alone.
  7. fortune46x

XX wins V2R

Rays car had suspension springs/valving done. Thats it no long travel , no after market arms then modifications to pass BITD safety tech (a pillar down bar door bars etc). The cage was a stock cage with some minor additions. Race inspired is due to it pretty much taking the shape and modular...
  8. fortune46x

The XX was the fastest car at WORCS today.

Jeremy Houle , and Ray are both doing the Midwest series, Missouri national, then potentially the fall races out west.
  9. fortune46x

Arctic Cat Anyone know of issues with valves failing in the x motor?

Its a sintered valve issue - fuel, jumped timing, or just age can cause it. Lots of deals on heads and what not out there to be hand - you'll need the head and valve cover - they're a matched machined piece.
  10. fortune46x

THE TEXTRON WILDCAT XX IS COMING…

Its ok Joey... I understand you hate fun.. I hope not , flight/hotel is booked for Sunday for the release..
  11. fortune46x

THE TEXTRON WILDCAT XX IS COMING…

See you on the 25th in vegas?
  12. fortune46x

Get Ready....

Not doubting yours or anyone's experience - Romero bro's ran the entire b1k with the same clutches uncovered, The application is different than previous cars so a new setup that no one here has drove may mean different situations then previously.
  13. fortune46x

Get Ready....

You dont need the cover on unless you're submerging the belt in water/mud. They're running without because its one less thing to take off when/if they have to repair or adjust anything. The XX will use the same style clutches the sleds are running, Adam can tell you big clutches =...
  14. fortune46x

TEXTRON OFF ROAD INTRODUCES 2018 ATV’S AND SIDE-BY-SIDE MODELS

Few things - Its not 211 hp , the XX will be a claimed 125hp (135 actual). It features an NA version of the 998T snowmobile motor from yamaha. The Speedcat 77 is a completely different machine from the XX , the frame is longer, wheel base longer entire frame is tig welded and is a really nice...
  15. fortune46x

Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

On the XX plan on 135 baseline hp , Textron is very conservative on their HP# that they advertise - they want to offer less but give more - they dont want to exaggerate and have someone put egg on their face. When looking at the sled stuff - Dont get too caught up in the dyno's reading, D&D...
  16. fortune46x

Is Yamaha better at track/short course than Polaris?

Owning multiple cars (yxz, old wildcat, and having a next gen cat of sorts) I'll chime in here. The Yxz is a great car if you're a good driver. Its a glorified sr1 really. The Yxz has its weak points - frames,stock suspension valving, oem clutch setup is a joke. but is a blast to drive. it...
  17. fortune46x

Will do , Just using this year to develop our program and see what does/doesn't work for next year when we have the new car if we end up top 5 we'll be happy. Classes will be stacked for sure.
  18. fortune46x

We are heading there tonight , Running a stocker in pro stock - We can't run the supercharger due to the new pro mod rules. I think we will be competitive at the short tracks, have some ideas on what to do about Crandon/Bark river since we needed about 10mph off on top speed (secondary is tiny)...
  19. fortune46x

Then your dealer wasn't paying attention. They talked about it in detail at the dealer business meeting in February in St Paul that the XX would come and in the next half year release following would the the XX turbo. Now Textron is still planning a fall of 2018 release of the Turbo model...
  20. fortune46x

So who won the UTV Championship?

You mean Crandon wasn't exciting enough for you in pro stock? haha.that was a definite case of too many UTV's on the track at a time.
  21. fortune46x

So who won the UTV Championship?

Did the Rzr driver actually cause the roll or did the cars high-side and the driver stay in the throttle? the 2nd roll looked like the rzr wasn't right there pushing him over when it happened?
  22. fortune46x

Should BITD Have Let Max Gordon (8yr Old) Race??

annnnnd in the next act...
  23. fortune46x

Wait till you hear them in person, the stock XX with just FS exhaust is music to my ears, sounds amazing.
  24. fortune46x

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

What do you mean Joey, when someone comes out with a 5 link car with 3 more inches of travel and just leap frogged the competition with 5 hp and Bold new graphics its not a "game changer" lol I'm shocked. I found that its hit and miss with that and its largely attributed to the dealers - I...
  25. fortune46x

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

We had a car last march we were working on then took a break when Torc announced the UTV race program and started developing a program for that so we had some of the learning curve on setups out of the way for this year. We have cars on order and should get them in the next week or two so we...
  26. fortune46x

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

RGM builds ALL the speedcats, the frame is based off a OEM cat frame but its not a frame from cat. AC builds nothing on the cars in TRF. RGM is also handling all the clutching - no one from the factory R&D staff was involved. Nothing is hush hush about the turbo - it was said Monday at the...
  27. fortune46x

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

Sidewinder duty cycles the injectors before the motor hits 250 its like 243 at the crank and it starts to go lean if I remember right This is much more then the yxz motor its already at 130 stock , then with the exhaust and fuel tune we saw 150's then you throw a turbo into that equation and...
  28. fortune46x

Arctic Cat and Mint 400

its a modified yxz motor in the XX , CVT 130hp at the crank. easily bumped up to 150 with exhaust and fuel programmer.
  29. fortune46x

Robby Gordon's Arctic Cat Wildcat

We were told that the buy out will effect nothing that is coming with this dealershow. The acquisition has been a few years in the making - This didnt happen overnight or over a few months. There will be a couple of substantial announcements aside from just the release.
  30. fortune46x

All UTV's Specific Laws

They could but they wont. too expensive and too much of a headache. That reference to AC was pure garbage.
  31. fortune46x

All UTV's Specific Laws

It wont be over 1000 cc's The article you're refering to said "we hear" that it will be the sr viper turbo motor (the sr viper is a 1049 cc na motor no oem turbo exists) and the fact they're saying "We hear" adds to the speculation without any facts. No one at AC is speaking to any magazine...
  32. fortune46x

Robby Gordon's Arctic Cat Wildcat

Anything coming out of Gordons camp is custom and isn't production based at this point - not only as per rule book but as per a company that produces the base platform for the race cars to be build off. No announcement today , and I'd lay money that cat doesn't acknowledge it on social media...
  33. fortune46x

SpeedCat77 Baja Facts

The fact that Cat paid ZERO attention to this on social media, their quarterly investors meeting (that they announced the 4speed lineup) and Todd took down his own pictures with the claims of what it was should be a good indicator on the factory being behind it. They blew up their news-feeds...
  34. fortune46x

Arctic Cat When does the new Turbo Artic Cat come out?

In the snowmobile world ISR mandates to be production you have to produce XXX amount of models for race specific purpose that people outside of the company can purchase. They do this through an amateur race program where you apply , sign a contract before the sled is shipped, and you get a...
  35. fortune46x

Arctic Cat When does the new Turbo Artic Cat come out?

The production timeline from the dealer webinar slated the new car would be announced in February , production in march. The rumored turbo was not a public car but a race only model - you'd have to apply to cats race program, get approved, sign a contract, pay for it and then follow the...
  36. fortune46x

Start draw Thursday for 49th annual SCORE Baja 1000

While the africa twin is a very potent motor package its not designed for a 1500lb utv. castings, gears, gear ratios etc, are all too light weight for a utv. Imo (which means nothing) it should always be a motor then either a divorced cvt or a divorced geared transmission like Yamaha did.
  37. fortune46x

That article was also from Febuary of 2016. They had a post on FB saying they were expecting big news at SEMA about it but its yet to be seen. its their anniversary year so If they were to do it I'd suspect it would be this year but they're so far behind the curve in their ATV/UTV programs its...
  38. fortune46x

I couldn't tell you for sure what they're bringing. Robby, Todd , and Sheldon have been playing with Pace conversion cars for the past year. All you'd have to do to the 1056 zuke would be to change the rod location to de-stroke it. When discussing 2017 We were told we won't see a new car until...
  39. fortune46x

I agree fully, the problem is the rules are too vague and need to be clean cut that it should be a OEM production FI utv engine. Gray areas always cause problems in the end. We ran into this at TORC last year and it caused alot of heart burn for some.
  40. fortune46x

I wouldn't plan on anything production until 2017. Not sure what RG and crew are doing it sounded to me like this was their own thing and read into the gray areas of the rules. What i was thinking was it says OEM forced induction motor 1000cc max , technically there are 1000 cc snowmobile...
  41. fortune46x

CJ's car was blazing fast and was well setup. They read into the gray areas of the rules alot (like back halving the car for "safety") and prob got away with more then they should - the car was tech-ed and it passed so it is what it is. Next year they will be far more strict on the rules is my...
  42. fortune46x

We ran pro stock at ERX with a power commander, a full exhaust (header and L2 Muffler) and then just clutched properly and were competitive. Not sure how it would have done at a longer track. Robert Vanbeekum , He had a wicked fast Polaris Turbo. Super nice guy, All the top cars went through...
  43. fortune46x

IF they have a new car we will have a few for TORC. We have alot of big things in the mix and coming for TORC once we know the rules of the classes. We ran a Speedwerx racegas supercharger kit , stage 3 heads, higher compression pistons (stock bore) and cams with speedwerx header and L2...
  44. fortune46x

ENGINE, TRANSMISSION AND DRIVELINES CR23 ENGINE and ENGINE DISPLACEMENT Must use stock forced induction OEM engine. Engine must remain in stock location. Maximum engine size is 1000cc. CR23 ENGINE and ENGINE DISPLACEMENT Where applicable, engines must displace no more than specified, and...
  45. fortune46x

Nikal is spot on with what Johnny had to do from my memory S3 had to run the non production class though due to the car not being on showroom floors yet though didnt they ? or was that because they were running aftermarket clutches/Components ? All I know is if there are 3 manufacturers with...
  46. fortune46x

I'm not sure how that is handled TBH most of the series we are involved with its 1000 units that have to be available to the public. Well if anyone from the public can apply to the race program to get the "race only" model then technically its available to the public/commercially available...
  47. fortune46x

According to the slide show from the dealer meeting in the 2nd wave of releases there was to be a Turbo race only production model (making 1000 or more units to allow it to be used in races in the oem production classes) released at the same time as their new public production car. The Z1...
  48. fortune46x

First Bold : no one discredited, bashed, or put down Joey, he was looking for a constructive conversation and peoples opinions on the matter which most gave. Most if not all agreed on the safety of the questions. Second Bold : You clearly do care what everyone thinks as you've argued with...
  49. fortune46x

Not impossible.. kid did it, and did it well.
  50. fortune46x

You're talking about bending rules... I bring that up in the same context.. but hey thats cool. Outrage on buddy.. I think you're spot on. Hey at least with the rest of us on this thread you'll have good company there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000