$10,000.00 TO WIN????????

uncle crusty

May 2, 2009
That's right sideXside racers! OCORR is puttin up the cash to get you UTV racers out here. This is the First Annual OCORR UTV National Championship Race with up to $10,000.00 (yes, TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS) :eek: to the winner. For more info, check out the Special Event page or click on the Special Event link on the home page.:cool:

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
This will be the OCORR First Annual UTV National Chanpionship race with a $10,000.00 to the winner, first place purse (based on 100 cars entered).

Entry fees will be $175 per car and driver, $15 per co-driver/pit crew member.

Payout:
50 car minimum will be $5,000.00 for first, $500.00 for second, and $250.00 for third up to $10,000.00 for first, $1,000.00 for second, $500.00 for third (with a minimum of 100 cars entered).
If less than 50 cars enter, this race will be paid out as a normal race.

Race Schedule will be as follows:

100 cars will race in 5 heat races (20 cars each heat for 5 laps)
Top 5 cars in each heat will advance to A Main
75 cars will split into B, C, & D Mains (25 cars each main for 10 laps)
Top 8 cars will advance to A Main
Track promoters will choose 1 Track Hard Charger to advance to A Main.
A Main will be 50 cars racing for 30 laps to a top prize of $10,000.00

Rules (yes, we gotta have some rules):

UTV ONLY Open class
Run What You Brung (with some limitations)
Engine must be of same manufacturer and design as car
No Turbos, Superchargers, or Nitrous
No exotic motors
Preregistration is mandatory (and it is free)!

Event Schedule:

This is a ONE DAY Race
Pit gates open at 6:00 am
Practice from 6:30-8:00 am
Drivers meeting at 8:15 am SHARP!
Spectator's gates open at 8:00 am
Racing begins at 9:00 am

For more information, call Clay Woods at 702-481-7620

uncle crusty

May 2, 2009
Yes, the track is in Nevada about 100 miles north of Vegas just off of Highway 95. There is a map on the Contact/Info page.

Thanks Rusty5150 for posting all the race info. I come from forums where it is best to be subtle at first ;)

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Take a lesson from Soboba, if you want people to make the drive pay back to at least 5th place.

uncle crusty

May 2, 2009
Hi dnf736 and thanks for that. I am not the track owner, just the web master for them. I will pass that on though. Typically the race entry fees are $100+ less then this race so they are hoping that is enough of a draw. That and I guess there is a very large UTV population in their area.
This race is offering a very large purse thus the higher entry.

Anyway, thanks again and I will let them know ;)

BigDog_Arizona

Jan 17, 2009
Mesa AZ
A hundred UTV’s? That’s a lot to show up in one place. I don’t think Saboba had that many utv’s. But Im game, you can count me in.

Rander637

The Worlds Fastest RZR's - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 22, 2009
So Cal
Hmmm, I heard something about this race. Got a couple questions/concerns though. Memorial weekend will be hard to get 50 utvs to show up in my opinion, so lets say 30 show up, what would your "normal race" payback be?? And is this a short course/motocross track layout or more of a desert/worcs kind of race??

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I think for this race to happen and also have 100 entries, it would have to be posted atleast 6 months in advance, with it being dated a weekend that doesnt already have a race. Soboba only had about 70 entries, granted it was hindered by mother nature. the only other race that always has a huge turnout is the whiplash snowflake race. that race is also set in stone of labor day weekend (i believe) but also 8 months ahead of time... that race brings out about 60 entries each year... 100 entries is greatly possible with how much UTV racing has expanded. People just need to prepare for the race months ahead of time...

claywoods

May 4, 2009
the track is a short course 2 mile desert style track if 30 utvs show its 3k to win 20 utvs 2k to win track is not real rough no rocks just alot of fun stay in the pits all weekend and take off from the pits on a dirt road and hit the dunes only three miles away NO FEES !!!

claywoods

May 4, 2009
I think for this race to happen and also have 100 entries, it would have to be posted atleast 6 months in advance, with it being dated a weekend that doesnt already have a race. Soboba only had about 70 entries, granted it was hindered by mother nature. the only other race that always has a huge turnout is the whiplash snowflake race. that race is also set in stone of labor day weekend (i believe) but also 8 months ahead of time... that race brings out about 60 entries each year... 100 entries is greatly possible with how much UTV racing has expanded. People just need to prepare for the race months ahead of time...
I agree we had so many delays with legal crap. We got a late start this year but this will be an annual event. Maybe this year we will get are name on the map for next year.

uncle crusty

May 2, 2009
UPDATE to UTV $10,000.00 to win race

OK. We here at OCORR are trying to get this race together and we realize this is short notice, and we realize it is Memorial Day weekend, and we realize 100 UTV's showing up at any event might be a bit too optimistic. :rolleyes: So here is what we did. We lowered the minimum number of entries to 20 cars ($2,000 to first, $200 to second, and $100 to third). We are also going to do everything we can to make sure whe have at least 20 entries (even if I have to drive down from NorCal :D ). We are already getting a favorable response in that we have a number of preregistered teams (that will be updated today) and a lot of great feedback. So come on UTV racers, GET OUT HERE ON THE 23RD AND LETS GO RACING!!! What else were you going to do, set around a drink beer and watch someone else race?

BigDog_Arizona

Jan 17, 2009
Mesa AZ

Snowflake isn’t until September 5th. Whiplash doesn’t have any races that weekend.
Grinder stone is having round three in phoenix that weekend. Im not sure about any other races going on.

claywoods

May 4, 2009
Who's coming we have 6 preregister cars. We have 8 more talking about coming.
Only need 20 cars to pay first place $2000 purse goes up $100 for every car above the 20 .come on out and play its a fun track low entry fees

claywoods

May 4, 2009
Do to the heat in Amargosa we are moving the UTV national race from the 23rd to the following weekend may 30th
this will be a night race.
Sorry for any inconvenience. We need time to install all the lights. We are lighting up about have the track
So be sure to bring your lights for the back have of the track.
This will make the race very interesting
Gates will open at 4:00pm there will be some practice laps racing to start at 7:00pm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000