#1928 SS 300

Jersey Motorsports

Feb 18, 2013
We had a bad day the SS300. We started up front with a slower car and knew most of the 1000s would pass us but hoped to make it up over the course of the race. We did not get a chance. We were just shooting for a finish. This was taken away at mile 30 right after pit 1.

As we left pit 1 on the fast part going down the hill towards the lake bed we were passed by 2 or 3 cars on the left side that used their horns/sirens and we were all the way on the right side of the course. In all the dust another car attempted to pass us on the right side for some reason. We were all the way on the right side of the course. I think it was the Perkins car but im not 100% on this since I only got a glimce as they hit our car mid passenger door and sent us rolling 4 or 5 times.

Im not sure why they tryed to pass on the right in all the dust and did not use a horn/siren. I dont think it was intentional to make contact but I cant figure out why they did that.

Were a little upset that no one stopped as were were rolling. Maybe they did see it happen in all the dust.

After the roll we lost all power and were unable to contact our pit or BITD. We stopped another 1900 car and asked them to relay the info to BITD and have them contact our pit. This did not happen. We spent over 2 hours working on the car to get it in some kind of shape to limp it back to pit 1.

Once we got to pit we found out that BITD and our pit were never told of the roll and of course the IRC did not work.

Both of us in the car were not badly injured. If we were injured im glad to know we could have sat 1 mile out of the pit with no help and no info relayed.

I have a video from in the car and on the hood. You can see a yellow car in the rear view come up and try to go around on the right.

I cant figure out how to get it to post up here.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I think you should see what you can do to ID the car that caused the incident...and then secondly ID who was stopped and see what happened with them reporting (maybe they did and it just didnt get to the right people) We as a group need to police our class...this needs to go through Cory (UTVRA) as thats his role to advocate for us to BITD..Im confident he will do what it takes to insure that we all as racers are racing in a safe manner..if not, those that dont, need to be held accountable for there actions...we all put our lives on the line everytime we go race- somebody who is making over ambitious moves doesnt need to cause the loss of life or damage to another competitors vehicle. Just my two Peso's.

Last edited:

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Well Perkins isn't yellow so I think your off base on the Perkins claim.

The 1904 was Yellow and started 2 spots behind you. There is a picture of that in the Photo results page.

Last edited:

Jersey Motorsports

Feb 18, 2013
Like I said. I wasn't 100%.

1904 came in to pit 1 before us. Maybe they left after us.

Per pit 1 records Perkins was in pit1 2 mins after us. I was mistaken on their color.

Jersey Motorsports

Feb 18, 2013
Figured out how to get it up here. You can see the yellow? car in the rear view come up and move around us on the right. Im in the passenger seat and telling Brian to just all the faster cars go by, Then we get hit on the right and slide across course. when we hit the soft part off the fire road was when we rolled.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Figured out how to get it up here. You can see the yellow? car in the rear view come up and move around us on the right. Im in the passenger seat and telling Brian to just all the faster cars go by, Then we get hit on the right and slide across course. when we hit the soft part off the fire road was when we rolled.
I watched it a couple times now. I can't seem to make out any vehicle.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Somebody knows they did this to you... as Im sure they saw you roll in thier review. I hope they come forward..it looked pretty wide there too... if so, no reason to crowd you like they did. Sad they didnt stop to see if you were injured, on fire etc..

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I could understand an excuse of touching but not knowing or realizing they went for a roll. But when you literally drive around a rolled over vehicle and the occupants are not yet out to wave you by thats where I think there is a problem. Its not a rule, but its common courtesy and an off road racing gentleman's rule.

Reactions: Ignore Amos

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
the shape of the hood, and its colors, it appears to be a factory maverick hood. the XRS machine that is black and yellow from the factory.

with the full screen mode you can somewhat clearly make out two yellow stripes with a black center. which should make it this hood.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000