1931's really long day in Parker..

Custom Creations

Pretty In Pink #1931 Teryx - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 9, 2009
Determination! This sums up our day...
Custom Creations Team Pink # 1931 battled with the desert at the 2011 BITD Parker 250 on January 8th, 2011. Our team couldn't have been happier drawing 1st position to start. With Chris driving and Tammy navigating we couldn't do wrong. They left the line in the morning making a good pace. At mile 6 Cory blew by putting us into 2nd position. Still the car felt good, but the air was freezing... They held 2nd and then grabbed 1st around mile 30 while Cory was on the side of the road giving a thumbs up! Back in the lead and moving along.... Until mile 55 when the rear passenger stub axle sheared right off sending the car into a dustball.. Chris pulled it off and came to a safe...leaning stop! A Gator rep got it all on film and surprised the car did not roll over. Chris and Tammy jumped out to fix the car and then realized there was no fixing. Then out of the dust Weather Man Bob comes walking up with the tire... Pretty cool that an Icon of racing was carrying Pinky's tire. He was the one to tow the car to safety and shared some desert stories while waiting. The crew members from main pit rushed to the car. To Kevin's surprise the car was able to be fixed. Bill and I rushed back to Main Pit where Wally had told us we could use his stock Teryx for parts. Mike had just finished his leg of the race and Wally was already gone. Mike wasted no time removing the rear stub axle and got us on our way. We got back and the car was fixed in no time. Now it was just time to finish the race. We only had 1 hour to get to the check point to make the 2nd lap. 6 miles into we got a flat tire... unfortunately we had lost our spare on the track somewhere before the alternate pit. So we drove for 16 miles on that flat... Our GBC Grim Reaper held up great all the way till the last mile and then finally started coming apart. We are super impressed with these tires...we made it through the checkpoint back to main pit and got a fresh new tire, then realized we had an oil leak. We down for about 30 minutes the back up and going... what else could go wrong? Tammy and I practically had the whole track to ourselves! If you pay attention to the track and have no dust it really is a beautiful view! Let's make this final lap, we had 3 hours to go the last 72 miles... W were running good and keeping good time. We stopped at the alternative pit which would be our last pit before the finish.. Dan and Tom topped us off with some oil and did a once over and got us back on the road... Then one mile before the finish line BOOM!!! the motor dies I just knew we had blown a motor... Really???? We coasted as far as we could go! Then we started pushing... we were crossing the finish line... I tried to start the car again when I realized she was ok and we had just broken a belt... Well at the end of the day we finished.. It was such an awesome feeling rolling through the finish line... We FINISHED in 7 hours and 3 seconds... All odds were against us. In the end of the day our team came together and did the job and got the job DONE! We are looking forward to the next race... I would really like to thank Wally and Mike from Lasher motorsports we could not have finished this race without you... REALLY! also the Honda guys next to us at main pit that let us use a quart of oil.. We owe you!! All of my friends and family who pit and put up with me and of course my Husband for building a sweet race UTV! Hey and big thanks to Lucas and his friends for finding our spare tire and returning it to us... Desert people are so cool! It's great to know we are able to race with such great people out there!
Jessi:eek:
Special Thanks to all our sponsors:
Custom Creations , GBC Tires, B&B Powdercoating, Wicked Bilt, IMS Metals, Rialto Trophy, Sick Cams, Summer Bros racing,Starside Designs, PRP, Pink Divas, Interstate Battery, V Force John and UTV Underground

Last edited:

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
:eek:Here are are winners Brandon Jagged X
Mike and Walley Lasher Motorsports
and Matt Parks

Congrats u guys r awesome...
congrats to all the entrants and finishers.. see u at the silverstate!

Custom Creations

Feb 9, 2009
Awwee.. Thanks....
Joey glad to have that Kawasaki wheel back in my hands... It feels good!!! Hopefully we make it out to soboba to spectate!!! Pinky needs a rest! COLOR] :eek:

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Bummer you had such bad luck, but I am glad that you finished! Sorry we couldn't be there, but we will be at SNORE Battle at Primm! Miss you guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000