1936 BITD race parker 250

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
this is my race day adventure i will call it. we started 2nd to last in the pro class. We knew we had a long dusty road ahead of us right off the back murrary was broke then coastal so we were moving up slowly. we could keep kingpin just in view until we hit the washes there was so much dust it was hard to keep speed up with out hiiting something. So we took it easy by mid way coastal had got by us and were moving so we upped the pace on the long graded roads we could hang but as soon as a corner came we would wash out. the rear of the car was getting looser as we kept driving. When we got to finish line car had picked up a nasty vibration and we bottom out on everything.So up the hill to do our next lap then the shit hit the fan. There goes our right rear wheel we come to a stop at the bottom of a wash. We look up there mad media telling us were our wheel went and saying how it flew right over there heads. Now iam on the radio trying to get parts all studs are sheared off.I forgot to say my rear high radius arms i made out of .120 wall chromolly plate had falled to that was the reason we were bottomming out and the rear of car was so loose.My pit gets us all the parts to put back together but no lug nuts. I look up to see a new rzr4 sitting go as the people if i could borrow 4 lugs and they said no problem. Now we are off about 2hr down. By this time we are just taking it easy to finish. Then 3miles from alt pit right rear tire passes us again we break right were the john deere team is. All studs gone again. So about an hour later i rig up some studs and limp car back to alt pit. To have my pit guys fix it right. As we sit waiting for crew to show BITD says we have to be out of ALT pit by 2:30. So now there was a mad dash to get car done all new hub bearing and carrier and tire and wheel. So we get out of alt pit with about 2 min to spare. Now BITD is on our race channel making sure we make it to the end. All i will say is they made sure we made it to the thanks casey and the officals of BITD. Well we finished a very long day 10th not bad but not good. I want to say thanks to my dad/phil/jerome/ and our wives for being our crew and getting us to the end. Special thanks to joe vinagro for letting me co-ride. To my sponsors Mark from Queen racing building a motor that will get us to the end and have power.Xmf suspension,gogo rhino, glendale steel supply, Acs corps.We are getting better as a team just missing a piece of the puzzle to podium.

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
great write up. sometimes things happen and will make you stronger as a team. good luck at your next race. hope to be there also. TONY

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Thanks for sharing your guys story. You came off the start line hot and got it sideways in the first turn. I was like DAMN! Hahahaha see you guys at the MINT!

BTW, how are the implement tires holding up? You guys seem to be sticking with them so they must be working?

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
Who is making 15" wheels besides omf I'm in process of building a xp4 for the rest of the season...

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Nice write up Rito... our race ended within a mile of the start...stupid error on my part (not letting off the throttle on landing a jump)but that's racing... and a part I hope to have learned from.

There are a couple of others with 15's in the development stage.. I have been told that 2 other manufacture will have 15" Bead locks out by mid summer- hope its that case the the OMF's are sooo expensive.

See you at the Mint!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Walker Evans has 15" beadlocks, but they are not three piece wheels.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000