1936 mint 400 race

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Let me start by saying it was a long day in my pee pants lol. We started 1st off the line next to jagged 1931 car. we new this was going to be a drag race with them. Queen versus Kroyer power. The green light came on and let the race begin. We pulled 1931 kroyer motor off the line thru the turns and on to the race course we were first and moving. Then the first set of big whoops bottom out bad so we had to slow down. Looking around waiting for jagged to pass us but from what i hear everybody was having the same problem. then about mile 25 murray caught us our car was talking a beating on the rear of the car. So we just kept motoring away. I forgot to thank murray for the bump. pretty sure our bumpers were locked. then about 5 miles down the road theres murray changing there tire we are back in the lead. then mile 36 the evil belt came apart. I jumped out changed will joe is yelling at me telling me who is going by lol. got back in the car we take off there is more noise coming from clutch jump back out and check. Some of the blown belt got stuck in the exhaust cide of cvt. pull cover off clear out and get back in car. I was putting the tools back in bag and trying to zip up bag. I thought i should pee. condom was working perfect except i kinked the hose on foot. Then that warm feeling down my leg and not the could one lol. So I jump in car and haul ass to first pit were behind so have pit crew put crap load of pre load in to help out the rear. Night and day difference all i can say. Now game on joe found his rythym and we motored on. By pitB we came in to have car checked over and there was 1919 broke. So from that point on we started to pick cars off. Then in main pit we come in for gas and check over car and yes we both got out to pee. We took off and we got out before 1931 so race on. we were told 5 guys ahead of us. So we pushed the pace by mile 15 i think thers cognito broken. Then around 25 we pass cory sappington. we get to pit a stop have them check car and start moving again. Some were around 45 theres the wildcat broke. So we just keep moving then murray around 70. thats when i think we are second physically. we keep going then getting close to pit b i see murray coming so we go to full race mode. 89 mph on lake bottom heading towards pit b. by the the time we exit pit i see murray entering we have to keep a good pace to beat him by 30 seconds. We finally make it to finish look back thers murray. we beat them by 2sec. 200 miles and the gap is 2 seconds. i think this year is going to be close all year. 2second place not bad for all the troubles at the beging of the race. Thanks to mark from Queen racing that was the best motor. jerome from ACS you get us through all the pits safely and can get into race faster then anybody i know lol. My dad george, Phil head mechanic, Jeff lost soul but helps out more then he knows, my wife Ragen/ jerome wife sahra for coming out and supporting us. Joe Vinagro from rhode island you can drive better then your cousin lol. With everybody's help this would not be possible thanks again.

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
Great report hope to be joining the queen racing team shortly and seeing you guys out there!!!

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Tire balls are awesome. Shannon Campbell has been using them for a couple of years in his class 1 and his rock racers. He doesn't carry a spare and they make it so that he can maintain race speeds until he gets to the pit. I changed out 8 40" tires with tire balls after KOH and wasn't so fond of them while I was doing it but they can give you a huge advantage during a race. Not sure how many you need in a UTV tire but in a 40" tire they $ adds up quick!

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
all i can about tire ballz is they suck installing and lubing but they saved us 2 seconds. we had one flat at end of race rim is leaking were they bolt to billet center. Thats another race with no holes in the tires. thanks everyone

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
all i can about tire ballz is they suck installing and lubing
Tire sealant works as the lube and is much easier to deal with than the silicone that they recomend for future reference. I've done it both ways and it doesn't make it fun but its better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000