1936 v2r story

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I want to start off by saying that was a long 2 day's me and my crew really didn't sleep tell saturday night. We drove all the way back to peoria az to be home by 7:30 pm saturday.I think the dodge never shut off for 3 days.
we were staged 5th off the line we had 2 street bike guys and 1 xp and 1 can am to get in front of to get clean air. By pit 1 we were in the front leading the pack. joe was on the radio saying everything felt good. By pit 2 we had the lead still and everything still felt good. then pit 3 came and we weren't planning to stop but joe came on the radio and said he had a tire down. So we decided to put gas in any ways. by the time i finished the tire jerome still was putting gas in and we sent him. we still had 5min lead. after the car left started to check other tire there was a huge hole in the rim like one of the bolts did it. So on pit 4 we had them stop i checked the bolts and they were tight so good to go. still in the lead by 6min now. we started to feel good until the driver got on the radio and said they were lost. they had followed some dirt bike dust onto wrong road plus our gps decided to not work. never by gps without external antenna. thats the second time its done it to us. at pit 5 we were 4th about 15min behind leader. So on to pit six we moved into 3rd and were gaining ground. at pit 7 that is when everything came falling down. they hit something to hard it lunched car onto 2 wheels. so they radio in car has noise in front end still holding good pace. they come in another broken wheel and broken rack. so its time to weld rack back together we do and get car back together. they switch positions and they are off. well thats when the crew has a problem cant get the 6ft draw in on the tool box. we beat and bang ratchet strap jump on it hit with a hammer 45min later we get it in. i think every crew there applauded us. so we missed the car at pit 8 and 9 but they were motoring along when about 20 miles out motor shuts down. we have them check fuel sounds like vapor lock. they get it going about every 2 miles it would do it again.then the last 10 miles it comes alive to get to us at pit 10. so i take all the filters apart clean them all out. nothing i can find wrong then my dad tells me rack broke again. then jerome find plastic line kinked found problem. cut out bad section and send to weld area. we weld rack again and tighten all bolts again. now joe wants me in car to make sure everythong is ok. so we are off we are moving along but everytime we get into silt bed water temp get up to 225 and no power. but we back down and keep moving. pit 11 we come in and they send us back out so we keep motoring along. at pit 12 we were puting joe back in at driver and mike back to co drive. but now 2 flats so we change 1 and fix a flat the other and beat the rim in to hold air. they motor off to pit 13 the one we cant make, so we wait at pit 14 for them. they come in finally car down on power but still moving so we gas and go and we will see them at finish line. they get past pit 15 and then the gremlins come out the rack broke 2 bolts but weld held. I got to say thanks to a course work berry for helping them get it back together. they take back off and berry yells at them the rear ro broke. so they beat bar back into submission but lost spacers so had to ride on 10mm bolt in a 1/2 heim. a little klunky. but they got it to the finish line about 2:30 am long day. i have to say mike is a trooper he never got out of the car what a man.
Special thanks to jerome, joe, mike, and my dad george. The 5 of us did 533 miles in the desert and finished it.
thanks to our newest sponsor mark Queen of queen racing motor ran good until it got hot and pinched fuel line. Bigger radiator and different fuel rail for sure. thanks again mark we will get a win for you.
thanks to XMF for the a-arms they didn't brake but i am pretty sure we bent one. thanks jimmy we will get that win.
thanks to tim kelley @ gogo rhino for the tires if it wasn't for all the broken rims we would of only had 1 flat tire. i need some more rims,thanks tim again.we will get them.
thanks jerome @ ACS with out you this would of never happened. we will get that win if thats the last thing i do.
special thanks to my dad without you i would probably have a melt down you know when cool me down and get the job done when i lose it.
thank you to my wife and mom and everyone elses family for putting up with us will we play in the desert.
Glendale steel,acs companies, the stripping shop, jr vinagro company thank you all

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Good job guys! I hear you on being tired!! I pitted for a 4400 car and work today was not fun. Way to stay after it and pull off a finish. Thats quite and accomplishment.:D

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I was wondering what happened to you guys. we passed you while you were in a pit...I think pit 11. You guys had the car pulled all the way up next to the trailer...didnt look good. Awesome story and glad to see you pulled it back together for a finish.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Can't beleive you let an old fat guy beat you LOL

Great job you guys. I didn't get to see you much during the race but clearly you guys have it figured out. Congrats again!

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
way to go on a finish!
it takes a lot of dedication

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000