Yamaha 2007 RHINO 660 WON'T MOVE

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
THE CLUTCH ACTED LIKE IT WAS SLIPPING, THEN IT JUST WOULDN'T MOVE ANYMORE. IT WILL GO INTO GEAR. THE BELT LOOKS GOOD. CRAIG SAID HE THOUGHT IT WAS THE WET CLUTCH. ANY IDEAS? I WAS HOPING IT WAS THE SHEAVE & I COULD JUST GET A NEW AFTERMARKET ONE. THIS SOUNDS MORE SERIOUS. HELP PLEASE. I LIVE IN EL CENTRO SO NOT A LOT OF CHOICES TO TAKE THE RHINO TO FOR REPAIRS. I KNOW BENCHMARK & 747 INK ARE BOTH GOOD SHOPS. I JUST DON'T REALLY WANT TO HAVE TO MAKE 2 TRIPS TO RAMONA OR TEMECULA. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
check if the sheave spins it might just be a sideways roller that wont let the belt ride up .. not sure on the cost of a wet clutch :eek:
I HAD A SIDEWAYS ROLLER ONCE BEFORE. IT DID NOT ACT LIKE THIS. ARE THERE BETTER AFTERMARKET WET CLUTCHES? THANKS FOR THE HELP LOUIE. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I AM LEANING TOWARDS TAKING IT TO CHRIS @ BENCHMARK.

MRPAT920

I'm drunk, always - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 25, 2009
riverside so-cal
I HAD A SIDEWAYS ROLLER ONCE BEFORE. IT DID NOT ACT LIKE THIS. ARE THERE BETTER AFTERMARKET WET CLUTCHES? THANKS FOR THE HELP LOUIE. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. I AM LEANING TOWARDS TAKING IT TO CHRIS @ BENCHMARK.
i dont think anybody makes a aftermarket wetclutch they only make a dry clutch like a bronco and pdm clucth but u dont need that .. see if the sheave spins if it does its not your wet clutch .,chris is a cool cat im sure he will take care of u

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
i dont think anybody makes a aftermarket wetclutch they only make a dry clutch like a bronco and pdm clucth but u dont need that .. see if the sheave spins if it does its not your wet clutch .,chris is a cool cat im sure he will take care of u
HE HAS BEFORE. I AM GOING TO PM GOODTIMES RIGHT NOW & SEE WHAT I CAN DO. THANKS AGAIN LOUIE.

Craig

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
DD, have you done an oil change latley? if you did make sure the oil is compatable with wet clutch applications, regular motor oil will not work on a wet clutch. Do like everybody has suggested, take the cover off, leave the belt on so there is some tension on the pulleys, run the engine up a little bit and see if it spins, it may because there is no load, leave the cover off, put your driver seat in place and take it for a spin, if it wont move, then i bet ya its the wet clutch. Remember the amount of towing you do with yours helping everybody out at the races, that will wear out the wet clutch. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 1 person

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
DD, have you done an oil change latley? if you did make sure the oil is compatable with wet clutch applications, regular motor oil will not work on a wet clutch. Do like everybody has suggested, take the cover off, leave the belt on so there is some tension on the pulleys, run the engine up a little bit and see if it spins, it may because there is no load, leave the cover off, put your driver seat in place and take it for a spin, if it wont move, then i bet ya its the wet clutch. Remember the amount of towing you do with yours helping everybody out at the races, that will wear out the wet clutch. Just my thoughts.
THANKS CRAIG. WE HAVE TOWED A LOT OF RACE SIDEXSIDES & TROPHY KARTS. IT IS PROBABLY WORN OUT LIKE ME. PLUS WE HAVE A LOT OF WEIGHT IN THE BED. I HAVE BEEN USING VALVOLINE OIL & WALMART FILTERS. I HAVE USED YAMALUBE. TONIGHT I WILL CHECK THINGS OUT. IT MAY BE PARKED FOR A WHILE UNTIL WE CAN AFFORD TO FIX IT.

Craig

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado
THANKS CRAIG. WE HAVE TOWED A LOT OF RACE SIDEXSIDES & TROPHY KARTS. IT IS PROBABLY WORN OUT LIKE ME. PLUS WE HAVE A LOT OF WEIGHT IN THE BED. I HAVE BEEN USING VALVOLINE OIL & WALMART FILTERS. I HAVE USED YAMALUBE. TONIGHT I WILL CHECK THINGS OUT. IT MAY BE PARKED FOR A WHILE UNTIL WE CAN AFFORD TO FIX IT.
PM me your number so i can call you.

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
When we removed the belt cover it look like the belt was spining but the outer rear (I will call it) plate did't not go in and pick up the belt or the clutch did not engage ;-)

I don't know much about this system ;-)

Hope this helps ;-)

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
When we removed the belt cover it look like the belt was spining but the outer rear (I will call it) plate did't not go in and pick up the belt or the clutch did not engage ;-)

Hope this helps ;-)
IF THE BELT SPINS I THINK THEN IT MIGHT JUST BE THE SHEAVE. I HOPE THAT IS IT. THAT IS CHEAPER. I WILL TRY IT WHEN I GET HOME AFTER 5:00 P.M. IT IS STILL ON THE TRAILER. THE NEIGHBORS ARE GOING TO HELP US TAKE IT DOWN FROM THE TRAILER & PUT IT IN THE GARAGE. THANKS CISCO.

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com

Hope this helps ;-)
THE BACK ONE IS THE PRIMARY SHEAVE. THAT IS THE ONE THAT A ROLLER GOT SIDEWAYS THAT TIME WE COULDN'T CLIMB ON THE MOUNTAIN SPRINGS GRADE RIDE.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Ronnie, I can help you out if you like, you'll just have to wait until we get back from Utah then we can open it all up and see whats going on.

Let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000