2009 Pala Raceway / UTVUnderground.com GP

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
PALA GP.................WHOA!!! My Rhino is still down and I was not going to attend but I thought I would make an apperence and support tha cause and tha UTVUG. Boy am I glad I did!! What a good tyme. Besides tha mud and the puddles, tha track course was an awsome layout!! It was badass to see Offroad Swapmeet Daniel lead acouple of laps. You need some beadlocks son!!! That guy was smilin throughout the hole race. Thats what its all about!! Enjoyin the race. Big congrats to tha big winner BIG MOE!!! He ran tha last 2 lapps with a rear flat and we tried 2 flag him down and he thought we were cheering him on and he keeped goin!! LOL :D Also cograts to #273 Kirk Howerton!! Can I barrow $250 buck?? JK Ama try fix tha Rhino ASAP 2 attend tha next race fo sho!! :cool:

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
We had a great time, even though it took 2 hours to clean my teryx and trailer when I got home. I'd do it all over again. The track would have been perfect if it wasn't so muddy. The way you guys included the mx , utv and gp track kept it interesting and it was fun. Great job to everyone who put on this race. Especially the guy with the orange pala Rhino who pulled us out of the 2 foot deep mud hole that we were stuck in for 5 minutes. My buddy got out to push and his leg sank down into the mud over his knees. We were stuck, but we had a blast. Thank you SDR for the $250 dollars and the orange Rhino who made that possible. Does anyone know the overall results for all the classes?
#273 Kirk Howerton.
I gurantee you only got the top coat of mud off!!!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I really think the GP format is the way to go. Pala has the perfect facility to have this event. Remove the mud from this race and you have everything. High speed, technical, mx track section, elevation change and good old trail riding. I could see this being a mini Laughlin style track. Pala should put together a 5 or 6 race GP series. Don't wait for the sxs to come, make them come by doing fun races. Maybe even a Saturday 1 hour moto then a Sunday 2 hour main. Joe Bean please call me. I have some stuff for you.

nictac1

Perris #1 - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 21, 2009
Menifee!
I really think the GP format is the way to go. Pala has the perfect facility to have this event. Remove the mud from this race and you have everything. High speed, technical, mx track section, elevation change and good old trail riding. I could see this being a mini Laughlin style track. Pala should put together a 5 or 6 race GP series. Don't wait for the sxs to come, make them come by doing fun races. Maybe even a Saturday 1 hour moto then a Sunday 2 hour main. Joe Bean please call me. I have some stuff for you.
LOVE THAT IDEA, 1HR SAT HEAT FOLLOWED BY A 2 HR SUNDAY MAIN......

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
LOVE THAT IDEA, 1HR SAT HEAT FOLLOWED BY A 2 HR SUNDAY MAIN......
Here is my opinion, yeah that could be fun. But their you go complicating it for people. Now it would take the whole weekend up. Keep It simple Stupid. The old saying. Start simple and build from their. Dont do too many races then it loses its freshness. Do two a year and make saboba the 3rd of the year. For the people that do it just for a light recreation it does not become too much work. people tend to overdue things and it ruins things. Its like the resturaunt who expands and then service sucks and the food is cold.

Just my 2 cents

stealth

Dec 5, 2009
I would do a race a month especially if it was a gp format and you keep the stock class. I'd rather do hour long races on a long track, instead of two 10 minute heat races on a short track with huge jumps. Less damage, more driving time. A four race series, racing once a month would be cool. With a showroom stock class (stock arms/any shocks) and basic safety requirements, I bet it would take off . The average person doesn't want to buy a utv for $10,000 and then have to spend another $5000 to $10,000 dollars just to make their car legal and competitive. When you get over $15,000 into a utv alot of people start looking at fullsize cars and other racing organizations like used class 5-1600's, prerunner class or class 16 race cars and race MDR. I know alot of people dream of racing offroad, (every pit crew guy in baja) but it's just not in the budget to build a dedicated full race vehicle. This would be the most affordable offroad racing around and you could promote it that way. People who wouldn't normally race would start racing because it's affordable. Maybe you could get Kawasaki Polaris or Yamaha to sponsor the stock class with payouts if you are a top 5 stock finisher. Maybe one of them would even sponsor the series. Just my 2 cents.

p.s. A guy from Kawasaki raced with us on Sunday, maybe he can see if there's any interest from Kawasaki.

Tonico

Mojave Racing Minis - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 23, 2009
stock class (stock arms/any shocks) and basic safety requirements, I bet it would take off . The average person doesn't want to buy a utv for $10,000 and then have to spend another $5000 to $10,000 dollars just to make their car legal and competitive. sponsor the stock class with payouts if you are a top 5 stock finisher. Maybe one of them would even sponsor the series. Just my 2 cents.

p.s. A guy from Kawasaki raced with us on Sunday, maybe he can see if there's any interest from Kawasaki.
This is exactly what I am trying to do with my Desert series. My struggle is that it appears that people tend to spend a bunch of money in what in many cases is "bling" and there is no more budget when it comes to safety.
I would like more feed back on this subject. What do you consider basic Safety requirements? Lets face it a sticker on the dashboard with "speed kills" is not going to save your ass if things go badly wrong.
BTW cudos to those who ventured out on the track. That is the spirit. I had a good laugh watching it.
Tony
Mojave Racing Minis
Tony

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
I would do a race a month especially if it was a gp format and you keep the stock class. I'd rather do hour long races on a long track, instead of two 10 minute heat races on a short track with huge jumps. Less damage, more driving time. A four race series, racing once a month would be cool. With a showroom stock class (stock arms/any shocks) and basic safety requirements, I bet it would take off . The average person doesn't want to buy a utv for $10,000 and then have to spend another $5000 to $10,000 dollars just to make their car legal and competitive. When you get over $15,000 into a utv alot of people start looking at fullsize cars and other racing organizations like used class 5-1600's, prerunner class or class 16 race cars and race MDR. I know alot of people dream of racing offroad, (every pit crew guy in baja) but it's just not in the budget to build a dedicated full race vehicle. This would be the most affordable offroad racing around and you could promote it that way. People who wouldn't normally race would start racing because it's affordable. Maybe you could get Kawasaki Polaris or Yamaha to sponsor the stock class with payouts if you are a top 5 stock finisher. Maybe one of them would even sponsor the series. Just my 2 cents.

I agree 100% with Stealth. We'd be all over a stock class, keeps it fun!

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
I think the open class was an awsome idea, gets everyone involved! :D At PALA we had some stock, super stock, I know Trevor had his 686 and there was a red 840 Kawi all in the GP.

747ink

Good times ! hope this gets people out for the next race . Rain or shine .

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
The conditions were terriable!!!PONDS,LAKES,TRENCHES,BOULDERS,ETC... Next Race its on!!! There will be pits available!!Spare tires to BUY!!!!! Any DONATIONS for tires ???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000