Kawasaki 2009 Teryx build

Dwilliams423

Dec 16, 2019
I’ve been wanting to do a UTV build for a very long time. So when I got this 2009 teryx for next to nothing I was pretty excited to finally be able to start something that will be in my budget. I did quite a bit of research and the first thing I had my sights on was this build from fabwerx: https://dirtwheelsmag.com/kawasaki-teryx-racer/

I thought I would be perfect and budget friendly. So I got to work. I started hacking up the frame just to run into some big questions I had to answer. The rear of the frame was too short to get any kind of tire clearance with the long travel (I’m doing a +6 with custom boxed a arms that I’ll fab) and was it just easier to start a frame from scratch instead of grinding all the extra crap off to try to save on weight. That and I kind of just wanted to build a tube frame.

I decided to stay with a lot of the mods that the fabwerks guys did but to start fresh with a new frame. It’s been a long time since I helped build a frame from scratch and am mostly will be going off of forms and books I’ve read over the years. With that said, any suggestions or advice are very welcome. I’ll get more into details of what my plan is as I go along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dwilliams423

Dec 16, 2019
It been awhile since I’ve posted. I had to take a little break from it to get some other things taken care of. But this is the progress I’ve made so far. The frame is definitely lighter then the stock one. I think the car complete will be around 1k lbs.

Any suggestions on the direction this is goin or tips on things to do butter are much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulburt2

Apr 20, 2014
A bit old thread, but any update on this project? I just got a 2011 Teryx. My plan is to fix the suspension, replace the Maxxis utv/ atv tire with something more aggressive and upgrade the frame also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000