2011 Lake Elsinore Gp Official Thread! November 12th & 13th

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
THERE WILL BE NEW UPDATED RULES!

I got them to make the change for all of you guys that want to race!
Just bring what you got and there will be a min saftey inspection.

Saftey Requirements:
HELMET
GLOVES
FIRE SUIT
STEEL TOED BOOTS OR RACE SHOES
Fire Exstiguisher mounted to the car and accessable.
Stock seats OK and race seats are reccomended.
WINDOW NETS, PRP nets or HM nets.

FORGET ABOUT THE CAR WIDTH'S

This race will be based on CC'S so dont cheat yourself and be HONEST!
Line up in your class when you get to the starting line.

Front- class 1
middle- Class 2
Back- Class 3

Last edited:

pay_tron4

Los Traviesos Racing
Aug 9, 2011
San Diego
UTVCross DRIVER’S WEAR:

1. [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]One-piece driver suits are required. The suits must cover from the neck to the ankles and to the wrists. All suits must have the SFI label attached and meet SFI Spec 3-2A/5 or higher.
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]
[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Drivers must wear gloves and driving shoes that meet SFI Spec B. 3.3/5 or higher and have the SFI label attached.
    [/FONT]
[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]All driver apparel must be clean, in good condition, and free from rips or worn areas.
    [/FONT]

:confused:I have a race suit from racing trucks down in baja with Score but they dont require you to have special shoes and gloves , So if I race here Do I have to go out and buy Special shoes and glove or could I just wear some Steel toes and Fox gloves????:confused: [/FONT]

pay_tron4

Los Traviesos Racing
Aug 9, 2011
San Diego
:confused:One more thing , it does not say what material the doors have to be , so could use card board to make some doors?:confused:
( doing the Stock class)

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos
Looks like I dont qualify for class 3 or 2, That means I need to be in the 1st class with all the big doggs??? I think she might have made a mistake, because knowbody's UTV is under 63" in width.
i sure hope so otherwise ill just be a spectator, not worth spending the money to get the car up to spec if i have no chance at all.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I am not sure 63" max width is accurate. That puts all long travel vehicle's into class 1. I will not race my Rhino in Class 1. I hope they get this figured out. Maybe the ISA can jump in here and help us out.

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
i only have plus 3 mid travel and it still puts me over. no way am i racing against the full tube chassis cars with r1 motors and such. and come on really, fire suits? no weekender in his dune toy are gunna have a fire suit laying around. theres no way im bringing my car to these rules. i think ill be calling for a refund along with the 2 other cars that were going to race this with me.:mad:

QwkRhino

So Cals Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Whittier
So have we gotten an update on rules yet? What will I need to run my Rotax Rhino? Window nets, helmet and now a Fire suit? Plus I would like to race in Super Stock class, my car can't compete with the street bike powered cars. Any thoughts of them letting me in that class?:confused:

dascdude

Apr 30, 2011
Temecula, CA
Well, that is unfortunate. I looked at pictures from last year and entered thinking it would be great fun and intro to a GP. The pictures showed that a RZR S could race in the event. These rules exclude many and now I need to know what to do. Heather, what can be done for those of us that entered stock class thinking stock was, well.... stock. I do not have money to buy doors and expensive race suits etc. :mad: We were going to wear our motocross gear. I have a quad I could race the next day if the entry fee can be adjusted for that. Please advise.

work2play

Sep 12, 2011
I've been following this thread since day one and the brand new rules are unfortunate because people have been asking about the rules and classes for weeks (long before we were enticed with early registration discounts). The LEGP website doesn't mention anything about mandatory fire suits, fire extinguishers on cars and in the pits, crotch harnesses, mandatory welded tabs to secure the harnesses around the shoulders bar, mandatory aftermarket seats, etc, etc, etc.

The new rules are more appropriate for CORR, not a local grand prix where 90% of the people are bringing out their duners for a little weekend fun.

Also, the 63" rule is ridiculous. My 4 seat family wagon with long travel has absolutely no business mixing it up with the R1 racers.

Hopefully common sense will prevail. Keep classes based on engine size, not width. Require helmets, door nets and go race.

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
I've been following this thread since day one and the brand new rules are unfortunate because people have been asking about the rules and classes for weeks (long before we were enticed with early registration discounts). The LEGP website doesn't mention anything about mandatory fire suits, fire extinguishers on cars and in the pits, crotch harnesses, mandatory welded tabs to secure the harnesses around the shoulders bar, mandatory aftermarket seats, etc, etc, etc.

The new rules are more appropriate for CORR, not a local grand prix where 90% of the people are bringing out their duners for a little weekend fun.

Also, the 63" rule is ridiculous. My 4 seat family wagon with long travel has absolutely no business mixing it up with the R1 racers.

Hopefully common sense will prevail. Keep classes based on engine size, not width. Require helmets, door nets and go race.
X2 ..
DONT WORRY GUYS THE ADELANTO GRAND PRIX IS RITE AROUND THE CORNER AND THEY KEEP IT SIMPLE ,JUST LIKE THE WORCS RACES.

pay_tron4

Los Traviesos Racing
Aug 9, 2011
San Diego
I agree with all of you , I dont have that kinid of money to spend on new seat belts and doors or nets . Not to metion the enrty fee is up there ...if things change , let me know , I have a bone stock rhino .....
Sorry LEGP you just lost a racer !

I'll be in BAJA

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
I JUST SPOKE WITH THE RACE PROMOTER AND GOT THINGS CHANGED FOR EVERYBODY AND THE UNDERGROUND!!!

BE READY TO RACE AND BRING OUT ALL YOUR FAMILY CARS AND DUNNERS TO COMPETE IN A HISTORICAL EVENT!

SAFTEY IS FIRST!! AND JUST BE SAFE SO WE CAN KEEP THE GRASS ROOTS GP OLD SCHOOL RACING ALIVE!!:)

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
THERE WILL BE NEW UPDATED RULES!

I got them to make the change for all of you guys that want to race!
Just bring what you got and there will be a min saftey inspection.

Saftey Requirements:
HELMET
GLOVES
FIRE SUIT
STEEL TOED BOOTS OR RACE SHOES
Fire Exstiguisher mounted to the car and accessable.
Stock seats OK and race seats are reccomended.
WINDOW NETS, PRP nets or HM nets.

FORGET ABOUT THE CAR WIDTH'S

This race will be based on CC'S so dont cheat yourself and be HONEST!
Line up in your class when you get to the starting line.

Front- class 1
middle- Class 2
Back- Class 3
CHECK IT OUT!!

PM ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
I JUST SPOKE WITH THE RACE PROMOTER AND GOT THINGS CHANGED FOR EVERYBODY AND THE UNDERGROUND!!!

BE READY TO RACE AND BRING OUT ALL YOUR FAMILY CARS AND DUNNERS TO COMPETE IN A HISTORICAL EVENT!

I FIXED SOME OF THE RULES ON HERE SO GO BACK AND CHECK IT OUT!

SAFTEY IS FIRST!! AND JUST BE SAFE SO WE CAN KEEP THE GRASS ROOTS GP OLD SCHOOL RACING ALIVE!!:)
THANKS DAN. WE WANT THE UNDERGROUND MEMBERS TO HAVE FUN BUT BE SAFE & KEEP THE COST DOWN. WITH THE BUGS BEING WORKED OUT. THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST & BEST LEGP EVER FOR SIDEXSIDES. THE PROMOTOR SEEMS TO BE WILLING TO WORK WITH US. I HAVE WORKED FOR THE PROMOTOR @ THE IV EXPO RACE IN IMPERIAL & THEY ARE FAIR PEOPLE. ONLY 2 MONTHS UNTIL THE RACE. GET THOSE CARS TOGETHER.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I know most don't want to buy a fire suit but reality is you can get them for cheap and they will save you. The reason fire suits are wanted here at LEGP is because last year a guy named Tishpu entered his sketchy car into the race and caught on fire.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000