2011 Lake Elsinore Gp Official Thread! November 12th & 13th

T-wrecks

Apr 7, 2011
Corona CA
I'm amazed that people still want to RACE with out RACE GEAR. Once you decide to race, you have to realize what your neck and family is worth. Then spend money accordingly.

People are bitching about an $85 dollar race suit is ridiculous. My race suit I used while racing roundy round cars at Irwindale Speedway was $1000.00. Wait till they require HANS Devices and and SA certified Helmets vs MA certified helmets for this event. If people are crying now, the world will surely come to an end if and when that happens.

I had a $1000.00 race suite, $250.00 nomex underwear, $125.00 gloves, $1000.00 HANS device, $150.00 shoes, $500.00 helmet, ect. It is still the best $3000.00 ever spent because I am still alive after several crashes.

Like others said when racing anything goes. You not only have to not drive over your head but others around you can take you out in a split second. And guess what, They won't be helping you pay for the damage they caused to your car, because it's Racing!

I don't think stock cages should be allowed either. I for one have done an endo at over 50mph in my Teryx and would not be alive right now had I not purchased a real cage. I owe my life to XMF on that one. That was the first modification to my Teryx.

If this is a one time event for you then spend the $85 bucks on a cheap suit and sell it after the event for $50. Borrow the fire extinguisher from under the kitchen sink (which everyone should have), get a used out of cert race net off ebay, wear your work boots, and riding gloves. Total investment to race probably $125 in manditory safety gear. (Be thankful their not asking for all gear to be within 2 year SFi cert.)

Okay Rant Over.

P.S. Sorry if I offended anyone, this rant was not meant to pick or bash on any one person. It was a rant picking on the mentality of "It won't happen to me; I don't need or can't afford Race gear to Race."

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
I think you guys all make a good point. I think main concerns from the guys who just play with the rides on the weekend and plan on having fun class 3 and not do a full competitive race to the death.

I'm one for safety but I can totally see the arguments going on here. I want expecting the rules to be like that but if most of us plan on doing events like this we might as well get safety from the beginning before its to late. Suckks for the people that just wana go and ride the race but the rules were set like that for a reason......unless they are getting a cut from the guys selling the suits lol.

Makes the potential group size smaller though and is aiming at the competitve ones

PODIUM PRODUCTIONS

PODIUM PRODUCTIONS
May 14, 2009
www.podiumproductions.com
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Ladies and Gentlemen,

Below you will find the 2011 UTVCross Rules. I understand some of your concerns about the safety regulations, however I can not make
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]exceptions[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] to these rules. The fact is, it does not matter what rules I enforce, I can not keep everyone safe, and I will never make everyone happy! The bottom line is racing is dangerous, not only for the racers but for spectators as well, each of you take a risk every time you leave the starting line! I get nervous at the start of each race, I love my racers and would hate for anyone to get hurt because I did not enforce a safety rule! So the safety rules stay! [/FONT]

UTVCross RULES:

SAFETY RULES ARE MANDATORY, PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP TO THE STARTING LINE WITH OUT THE FOLLOWING!!!

Ø Four or five point safety belt (harness restraints), harnesses must be securely fastened on one or both occupants at all times. All seat belts must have a quick release buckle system.

Ø Side doors/panels, must completely enclose the driver. A mounted lower bar is not acceptable; there cannot be any external driver exposure.

Ø Window nets, if you have a passenger you must have nets on both sides of the vehicle.

Ø Fire Extinguisher, extinguishers must have a gauge, be fully charged, and easily accessible from inside the vehicle.

Ø One-piece fire suits, must be worn at all times when in the vehicle; the suit must cover from the neck to the ankles, to the wrists. All suits must be made from a fire-restraint material with the manufacturer's fire resistant label attached.

Ø Helmets and protective eye wear are required at all times while in the vehicle.

CLASS DISPLACEMENT NOTES:
Reinforced roll cages are highly recommended for all classes!!!

UTVCross MOD Max 1000cc-

Ø Unlimited motor modifications. *NO NOS . Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Must have a full roll cage. Production models. Engine and suspension modifications permitted.

UTVCross Super Stock Up to 855cc-

Ø Motor must remain production based. Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Production based class. The following limited items can be changed or added: tires, wheels, bumpers, skid plates, airbox, filter, fuel controller, and exhaust. Aftermarket suspension allowed in stock pivot points. After market production roll cages are permitted so long as they maintain OEM material specifications and OEM mounting locations.

UTVCross STOCK Up to 755 cc-

Ø Motor must remain production based. Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Production based class. Must have a full roll cage. Production models. The following limited items can be changed or added: tires, wheels, bumpers, skid plates, air box, filter, fuel controller, and exhaust. No other suspension or internal motor modifications permitted. Bed supports may be removed. Frame reinforcements are permitted. Clutch and ignition changes are not permitted. After market production roll cages are permitted so long as they maintain OEM material specifications and OEM mounting locations.

SAFETY FIRST!...Have fun! PLEASE WATCH FOR SPECTATORS!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Thank you for posting up Heather!!! As you can see UTVUnderground is very active in regards to the LEGP!! We look forward to an awesome race event!

Also, the ISA (International Side by Side Association) is very willing to help for next year in terms of helping you with the UTV class. As you know the UTV sport is growing and changing and we know its hard for you guys to try and please everyone!

keep up the hard work!

dascdude

Apr 30, 2011
Temecula, CA
I can not afford doors and two sets of suits/fire protective gear. I have the other requirements met so I am close. I thought it would be fun but will have to build up the gear and doors over time due to cost. Lots of safety talk but they do not even require chest protectors, knee or elbow pads for bikes or quads. Sounds like there will be some nice UTV race machines and a good race. Enjoy!!!

TJWIZ

Double Tap Racing #803
Jul 30, 2011
Moreno Valley, Ca.
www.facebook.com
I agree with EL KIDO 100%. I does suck for the weekend warrior that would like to come out to race. BUT, safety does come first and it hits the wallet. I don't have any doors or a fire suit. Hopefully I can get a good deal on doors at the SAND SPORT SHOW this weekend. By the way, I just registered for the LEGP :D. Watch out, there's a new Sheriff in town :eek: :eek:.

QwkRhino

So Cals Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 24, 2009
Whittier
PODIUM [PHP said:
[/PHP]PRODUCTIONS;77555][FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Ladies and Gentlemen,

Below you will find the 2011 UTVCross Rules. I understand some of your concerns about the safety regulations, however I can not make
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]exceptions[/FONT] [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] to these rules. The fact is, it does not matter what rules I enforce, I can not keep everyone safe, and I will never make everyone happy! The bottom line is racing is dangerous, not only for the racers but for spectators as well, each of you take a risk every time you leave the starting line! I get nervous at the start of each race, I love my racers and would hate for anyone to get hurt because I did not enforce a safety rule! So the safety rules stay! [/FONT]

UTVCross RULES:

SAFETY RULES ARE MANDATORY, PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP TO THE STARTING LINE WITH OUT THE FOLLOWING!!!

Ø Four or five point safety belt (harness restraints), harnesses must be securely fastened on one or both occupants at all times. All seat belts must have a quick release buckle system.

Ø Side doors/panels, must completely enclose the driver. A mounted lower bar is not acceptable; there cannot be any external driver exposure.

Ø Window nets, if you have a passenger you must have nets on both sides of the vehicle.

Ø Fire Extinguisher, extinguishers must have a gauge, be fully charged, and easily accessible from inside the vehicle.

Ø One-piece fire suits, must be worn at all times when in the vehicle; the suit must cover from the neck to the ankles, to the wrists. All suits must be made from a fire-restraint material with the manufacturer's fire resistant label attached.

Ø Helmets and protective eye wear are required at all times while in the vehicle.

CLASS DISPLACEMENT NOTES:
Reinforced roll cages are highly recommended for all classes!!!

UTVCross MOD Max 1000cc-

Ø Unlimited motor modifications. *NO NOS . Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Must have a full roll cage. Production models. Engine and suspension modifications permitted.

UTVCross Super Stock Up to 855cc-

Ø Motor must remain production based. Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Production based class. The following limited items can be changed or added: tires, wheels, bumpers, skid plates, airbox, filter, fuel controller, and exhaust. Aftermarket suspension allowed in stock pivot points. After market production roll cages are permitted so long as they maintain OEM material specifications and OEM mounting locations.

Ø Motor must remain production based. Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Production based class. Must have a full roll cage. Production models. The following limited items can be changed or added: tires, wheels, bumpers, skid plates, air box, filter, fuel controller, and exhaust. No other suspension or internal motor modifications permitted. Bed supports may be removed. Frame reinforcements are permitted. Clutch and ignition changes are not permitted. After market production roll cages are permitted so long as they maintain OEM material specifications and OEM mounting locations.

SAFETY FIRST!...Have fun! PLEASE WATCH FOR SPECTATORS!!!
So are you guys going to let Rotax Rhino the Super Stock Class ????

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAS ADDRESSED THE SAFETY ISSUES. SO GET THOSE CARS READY & LETS GO RACING BOYS. THIS SHOULD BE A REALLY GOOD RACE & WE NEED TO SUPPORT IT SO THERE WILL BE MORE. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING RUSTY'S ROBERT ROSAS TRIBUTE.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
I can't wait for this race once again,This is going to be one bad ass UTV race.

Ø Motor must remain production based. Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Production based class. Must have a full roll cage. Production models. The following limited items can be changed or added: tires, wheels, bumpers, skid plates, air box, filter, fuel controller, and exhaust. No other suspension or internal motor modifications permitted.

I think SUSPENSIONS MODS should be ok in this class. There's only 1 manufacture that makes a UTV 755 cc or less that is used for racing. The Yamaha rhino is the only UTV that falls in this class? The WORCS series allows all RHINO's in this class stock or not.
I run a stock 660 with LT.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos

Ø Motor must remain production based. Minimum 15 yrs old on first day of event. Production based class. Must have a full roll cage. Production models. The following limited items can be changed or added: tires, wheels, bumpers, skid plates, air box, filter, fuel controller, and exhaust. No other suspension or internal motor modifications permitted.

I think SUSPENSIONS MODS should be ok in this class. There's only 1 manufacture that makes a UTV 755 cc or less that is used for racing. The Yamaha rhino is the only UTV that falls in this class? The WORCS series allows all RHINO's in this class stock or not.
my teryx would fit into that 755cc class especially if they allow suspension mods

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com

PEOPLE WANTED A CLASS TO RACE THEIR RHINOS. WELL HERE YOU GO. LOTS OF RACE RHINOS WITH 686s ARE STILL OUT THERE,LET'S SEE THEM @ THIS RACE.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009

So are you saying we can have suspension mods? Stock suspension????? They really need to just adopt the WORCS rules and get it done. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek::D:rolleyes::p:confused::cool::):(:):D:(:mad::p:eek::confused:;):rolleyes::cool::eek:

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Oh yeah, I forgot about the the old REX'S.They should let us all run together.:)

I dont make the rules all I do is try to fix them to make it fair for us racers!

I just noticed that there is no suspension mods in Class 3 and that would put my slow RHINO into class 2,I have no chance to win. JMO

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Oh yeah, I forgot about the the old REX'S.They should let us all run together.:)

I dont make the rules all I do is try to fix them to make it fair for us racers!

I just noticed that there is no suspension mods in Class 3 and that would put my slow RHINO into class 2,I have no chance to win. JMO

Dan can you please put me in contact with Heather? Can she come on here and do a CHAT? This could be a huge race.
I will be posting in PINK for the tata's (@Y@) for a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000