Arctic Cat 2012 Arctic Cat WildCat 1000 H.O. Test & Review **UTVUnderground Exclusive**

Dudeonit

Chino's Finest - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Dec 10, 2010
Chino, CA
Here is a video that I put together. A little Flip, and several different GoPro positions. I think my favorite is of the rear suspension.

Arctic Cat Wildcat Media Introduction - YouTube

Needs a heat shield for the drivers rear shock.

Passenger definitely needs an oh shit bar.

Suspension seems to work well.

My WERS on the XP def work better than the OEM.

Can hear a little bit of a drive line howl.

The cage comes close to the driver/passengers heads.

Like the radiator in the back.

The gas tank seems exposed.

Can't wait to drive one!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Needs a heat shield for the drivers rear shock.

Passenger definitely needs an oh shit bar.

Suspension seems to work well.

My WERS on the XP def work better than the OEM.

Can hear a little bit of a drive line howl.

The cage comes close to the driver/passengers heads.

Like the radiator in the back.

The gas tank seems exposed.

Can't wait to drive one!!

I felt both shocks when I got out of the car and both were the same temp atleast to the touch...I don't think the exhaust heat affects the shock.

I never came close to hitting my head on the roll cage despite the stock seat-belts allowing you to move around way more than you would want.

Drive line noise didn't bother me at all, sounds like the Can-Am. What I did like is that it has a, for lack of the proper term, a toque limiter that will save axles when free spinning in the air. But unlike the Can-Am it does not just cut power forcing a nose dive.

Suspension is what makes this UTV what it is. The wheel base on the Wildcat makes the XP look small now.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Drive line noise didn't bother me at all, sounds like the Can-Am. What I did like is that it has a, for lack of the proper term, a toque limiter that will save axles when free spinning in the air. But unlike the Can-Am it does not just cut power forcing a nose dive.
Joey, is that the Spike Load Dampner, or is it something new. Many in the performance side have deleted the SLD's in the past because they can start slipping under high hp apps. Of course then, the drivetrain becomes the next weak link.

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Great job Joey, I guess no manufacturer can please everyone.

poflo

Jan 3, 2011
They spent some time getting the suspension dialed and it did work extremely well on the little course they had layed out in Barstow..best I have driven....but the motor.......spend more money

66cummins

moab junkie
Dec 4, 2009
I think the motor is severely de-tuned. And I bet that is how they release it. Large HP numbers make the emissions stuff harder to get thru.

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
I think the motor is severely de-tuned. And I bet that is how they release it. Large HP numbers make the emissions stuff harder to get thru.
Yep, exactly.... but thankfully, we have companies like Muzzy Exhausts, After Midnight Racing, Speewerx, etc.... Just changing the exhaust and getting more air/fuel into these motors help alot...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000