Arctic Cat 2012 Arctic Cat WildCat 1000 H.O. Test & Review **UTVUnderground Exclusive**

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Are the rear trailing arms just 2 separate pieces of tube w/90 deg bends connected at the chassis and the spindle?

How are they connected to the spindles?
Pics are in the first post.

Nice write up Joe.

How did it fit in the Barstow groove?
How was the track width on the trail.
Were you bottoming out alot on ridge down the center of the trail?

I think a video of you snapping off a couple donuts will help us see the power. Your were able to make the FatRod play dead let's see what you can do with a Kitty.
There isn't a utv made that could NOT drag when riding in those trophy truck ruts but we rarely dragged. We stayed out of them with ease!

No crashing for me. We rode those kitty's hard as we could and they took everything we dished at em. I did launch the cat at the end if the day pretty gnarly. Mad Media has photo proof....

A little taste of what's to come....

There rear cv joint goes way into the hub almost like a mid board set up.Is the front this way?What is the over all width?
Pics in first post. Will verify width.

so i take it it is not going to be dual throttle bodies
Pretty sure it's single. I will verify.

Last edited:

DIRTWHEELSMAG_CODY

Oct 17, 2011
Cool review Joey!!! Good seeing you guys out there today. Thought I'd add the lack of passenger grab points. Also, on the 400/400 spring in the rear, we dropped our crossover to 9 inches (from preload ring) and buried the compression clickers. Clicked off some FAST laptimes near the end of the day. 4:17:3 was my fastest, Cain ran a 4:27:1. Super smooth ride. Did Kale mention loan unit dates? I want to get my hands on one and throw some valving at the rear. seems like it could take a lot more compression on the stack. Rebound felt damn good.

Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Cool review Joey!!! Good seeing you guys out there today. Thought I'd add the lack of passenger grab points. Also, on the 400/400 spring in the rear, we dropped our crossover to 9 inches (from preload ring) and buried the compression clickers. Clicked off some FAST laptimes near the end of the day. 4:17:3 was my fastest, Cain ran a 4:27:1. Super smooth ride. Did Kale mention loan unit dates? I want to get my hands on one and throw some valving at the rear. seems like it could take a lot more compression on the stack. Rebound felt damn good.
Yeah you guys went all out on shock adjustment!! I figure I will wait for our unit (I think in January) then have Randy at Walker Evans juice us up with the hot SoCal set up!!! lol. Arctic Cat it sounds like will be going with a "middle of the road" shock setting so that it isn't too stiff for trail riders and not to soft for us "get some" guys!

Yes, we need another passenger oh chit bar/handle. The one on the door is not enough. It also definitely needs harnesses!

It's always good seeing you guys Cody!!! Thanks for joining the site!! See you in a couple of weeks maybe at another undisclosed location for even more industry first riding????

Last edited:

DIRTWHEELSMAG_CODY

Oct 17, 2011
But of course. I wonder how we will fill seats there.... lol pick up local talent for the shoot? hahahahahahaha

When we get our test units, we should set up a media day with Walker and go out to the same route and set up some valving stacks. I guarantee if we stack more compression I can drop even more time off those laps. There were a few spots I had to lift slightly in the whoops. I'm taking my XP out there with my Race Tech setup Friday to lap the same course, I think it will turn faster laps than the stock Wildcat, but not by a ton

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
They should bring them out to the Superstitions for the Show and Shine! ;););) Come on JoeyD plant the Bug in the ear thing! "These are not the Droids your looking for"!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
They will be in Barstow giving rest rides to the public this weekend! It is worth the drive up there to go try one. I may go back on Saturday for more seat time. I'm still smiling about the adventure yesterday!

I only had two complaints after a day in the car. First one is it needs more passenger grab handle and the second is I would have liked to see them put something bigger than a 26" tire on the wild cat.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
They will be in Barstow giving rest rides to the public this weekend! It is worth the drive up there to go try one. I may go back on Saturday for more seat time. I'm still smiling about the adventure yesterday!

I only had two complaints after a day in the car. First one is it needs more passenger grab handle and the second is I would have liked to see them put something bigger than a 26" tire on the wild cat.
Are they going to let the public drive it or sit shotgun?

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

Glad to hear the Wildcat impressed a true racer like you Mike, I think many respect that.
Arctic Cat dealers have an option to order 15 inch wheels for the Wildcat, so I see many 30 inch tall BFG KM2's in the future of Wildcats...

Keep us posted on any other thoughts and experiences, some of us can't get away from work to take part..

Mike L

Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
Glad to hear the Wildcat impressed a true racer like you Mike, I think many respect that.
Arctic Cat dealers have an option to order 15 inch wheels for the Wildcat, so I see many 30 inch tall BFG KM2's in the future of Wildcats...

Keep us posted on any other thoughts and experiences, some of us can't get away from work to take part..
It might be difficult to run a 30" tire with the way the rear shock is mounted.

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
It might be difficult to run a 30" tire with the way the rear shock is mounted.
Will the shock interfere and get hit by the tire? Do you see any fixes (mount reloctations, etc). AC includes the 15 inch wheels in the new dealer accessory sheet for the Wildcat, wonder why they would do that if they didn't think customers would want to go bigger... going to a 15 inch rim usually negates using a 26 or 27 inch tire.

Mike L

Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
Will the shock interfere and get hit by the tire? Do you see any fixes (mount reloctations, etc). AC includes the 15 inch wheels in the new dealer accessory sheet for the Wildcat, wonder why they would do that if they didn't think customers would want to go bigger... going to a 15 inch rim usually negates using a 26 or 27 inch tire.
I could see some potential rubbing issues with a 30. I can't wait to get my hands on one and see how they all fit. A different ofset wheel might solve the problem.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
But of course. I wonder how we will fill seats there.... lol pick up local talent for the shoot? hahahahahahaha

When we get our test units, we should set up a media day with Walker and go out to the same route and set up some valving stacks. I guarantee if we stack more compression I can drop even more time off those laps. There were a few spots I had to lift slightly in the whoops. I'm taking my XP out there with my Race Tech setup Friday to lap the same course, I think it will turn faster laps than the stock Wildcat, but not by a ton
I am down!

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Great write up Joey! Doing big things man! Cant find this type of info at any other site!
I was under the impression that they were not going to let the public test drive the wildcat since there is no sign-up sheet or anything BUT sounds like they will. We shall see this Saturday! :)

Darryl89

Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
Great write up Joey! Doing big things man! Cant find this type of info at any other site!
I was under the impression that they were not going to let the public test drive the wildcat since there is no sign-up sheet or anything BUT sounds like they will. We shall see this Saturday! :)
Dan, keep us informed on whether they let you drive or not..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000