Kawasaki 2012 Kawasaki Teryx 4 750 4x4 OFFICIAL RELEASE **UTVUnderground Exclusive**

redrhino99

Redrhino99
Jun 30, 2009
Apple Valley/CA/US
Re: 2012 Kawasaki Teryx 4 OFFICIAL RELEASE **UTVUnderground Exclusive

Teryx 4 vs RZR 4 and Ranger Crew

$$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ Teryx 4. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $RZR 4. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $RangerCrew. $
$$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
Front susp: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $7.8. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 12. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $9.6.$
Rear susp: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $8.3. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $12. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 9
Length: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 125.2. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 130. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 145.$
Width: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 62. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 60.5. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $60.$
Height: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 77. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $75. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 76
Wheel base: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $86.1. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 103. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 108. $
Ground clearance: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $10.8. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $11.5. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ 11.5
Weight: $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $1624. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $1255. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $1495.$

Sent from my iPad
Winner RZR4......

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved

Ive been looking for a new 4 seater to replace the rhino, now that I want to go fast with all 4 seats filled.. I like the wheelbase (RZR4 is too long IMO - for my riding), and Im fine with the power (anything is better than a mostly stock 660), but it for sure will need long travel. Styling...? I don't know. Its OK. It has potential I guess.

Ive never been a big fan of Polaris' quality or styling, but was just about to take the leap and do the RZR4, but I think Ill hold out and build one of these instead.. Maybe. (can't believe its heavier than a Ranger Crew...)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011

Rzr4 still comes out on top, (But I will take the Funco version with turbo)

Baxter

Sep 24, 2011
OHIO

They kept the wheelbase slightly shorter than the RZR4.That's a plus for the trail riding we do.I think the width is a killer if you ask me.By the time you LT this thing you will be as wide as a full size truck to get any travel out of it.They need to do somthing with the catfish platic too! I was expecting more.I'm not brand biased either, I just don't like Polaris.:D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011

Chit! Put a turbo on what ya got and you'll have the best thing going:D Style, comfort and speed:D
Turbo? I'm thinking of doing a Cummins swap with NOX:D:D:D:D Even when I'm done, it will still weigh less than the teryx4:eek:

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM

I am sorry to say but I think Kawasaki missed the mark on this one!

The cage is a copy of the Caned-Ham the doors and the bar running under the doors is a copy of the Rhino.... Dont get me wrong I just dont see any creative design here to say its a Kawi heck the bed even looks like Canam.

This is just a hopped up Mule that will take some BIG bucks to bring it up to speed.

Kawasaki where is our SPORT utv? :confused:

Just my opinion.
Don't worry Brett, Arctic Cat will take care of you when it releases the 4 seat Wildcat... :D

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,

I would assume we will see this engine in the 2013 model year of Teryx 2 seaters.....
Yep Joey and I think that we can (well I will anyway) assume with this engine and with it going to hit the two seaters next year that there will be an accompanying CC upgrade and a quite sporty Chassis to go with it. Monster cannot afford for one of its star products to not be dominating the class and I just about guarantee even with the Wild Cat and the XP they are going to be MASSIVELY dwarfed by what I am going to immediately dub the "T-wrexs".

Knowing Kawasaki across the park (small vehicle design world park) it wont win the weight war but it will win the suspension and hp war and in one release will send Wild Cat back to the drawing board and leave Can Am still waiting to see if it can make a real sports machine in ANY atv category. And I say that while very much liking Can Am. Polaris will be left with 3 years of a 5 year ROI til model "XcesS"

Its quite smart by the K to release it in the 4 where the CVT will get the kind of pressure it will get in a two seater with much less weight but more power so the CVT will be tested in production this year. The motor has been best in class for years already and chassis they are going to have to pull it out of the hat because I think AC did quite a good one so far by style of design, only time tells, but their suspension looks shonky at the rear and steering links are wrong as they seem to be protruding in front on the Aarms out near the wheels and first rock face you are out of the race.

So big calls early?? K to bring out the racer next year and the K will be for King! :D

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009

I wanna see one with the rear seat removed and a lowered radius cage on it similar to RZR-X. I don't need 4 seats but the longer wheelbase in a 2 seater would be sweet.

Hounslow

El Jefe Numero Uno - UTVUnderground Approved
Jun 1, 2009
I wanna see one with the rear seat removed and a lowered radius cage on it similar to RZR-X. I don't need 4 seats but the longer wheelbase in a 2 seater would be sweet.
I've heard there's one in the works...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

cuflipn

KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 16, 2010
St George UT

Don't worry Brett, Arctic Cat will take care of you when it releases the 4 seat Wildcat... :D
Believe me Darryl I have my eye on that new Wild Cat! :eek: that is a sweet machine!! :D

AIRBORNE

Feb 21, 2011
FOB Salerno, Afghanistan
I like the looks of it. I am not huge on the overall top speed, so the power/weight thing does not really bother me. However, I do think the RZR has it cornered right now for 4 seaters. Kawi may make a great product, but Polaris has come a long way from the ATV pieces of crap they used to put out. Most of my group ride RZRs, and very few of us are what you would call "easy" on them. It's all in what you like. If you add LT to this thing, it would be a beast to manuever in the woods in some of the areas in the east. All in all, I think Kawi just played this one a bit on the conservative side, but will still do well.

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,

Believe me Darryl I have my eye on that new Wild Cat! :eek: that is a sweet machine!! :D
Wait for someone to roll the new Teryx 4 and grab the engine/CVT and hop that up, thats what we and K want to see and I believe Muzz already have a 880 and are working on a 999.

Its a very clever ploy by K to put the new engine & CVT out there in the world and find out the performance and gracks over the next year before they release the racer.

Now how long 'til we see a racer and what to ride 'til then? :(:(

As we dont have AC down here it makes it hard to decide to get a AC when there is no spares parts back-up but Polaris down here just reduced the price of the XP to $19k to get more orders but the price only applies to racers (Thus voiding their warranty costs on even just basic servicing and giving them a little savings).

Makes the XP hard to go past right now while the Wildcat may have little re-sale unless you have the full 2 car team with 3 donor car and racey bits. :eek::eek::eek:

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
I like the looks of it. I am not huge on the overall top speed, so the power/weight thing does not really bother me. However, I do think the RZR has it cornered right now for 4 seaters. Kawi may make a great product, but Polaris has come a long way from the ATV pieces of crap they used to put out. Most of my group ride RZRs, and very few of us are what you would call "easy" on them. It's all in what you like. If you add LT to this thing, it would be a beast to manuever in the woods in some of the areas in the east. All in all, I think Kawi just played this one a bit on the conservative side, but will still do well.
Agree with your observation, they have played it very conservatively but they are the first Japanese ATV company to break the Utility mold so I think that's where they played it.

And I think you're right in terms of the outcome too. Polaris have a market already although I cant speak to their quality over time as they haven't been a widespread distribution here until recently (last 7 years?).

Good to see another factory player though when there is such a high demand for the product type. ;)

Badbinder77

Side X Side Nation
Mar 3, 2010
Elko Nv
Anyone know if there will be a rear bench seat conversion for these? I'll be needing to haul 3 kids in the back. I've seen some Rzr 4s with a rear bench seat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000