2013 Parker 250 Rockstar Racing Recap

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
2013 BITD Parker 250
We began prepping the car a few weeks earlier and were going through the car piece by piece. Eric had just finished building new rear a-arms and we began to put the car back together. As we were getting ready to put the freshly greased rear axles in we noticed that there was sand in the rear diff. Because of the way the cage is built in the rear, it is impossible to get the diff out without unbolting the motor and moving it forward. So we did, which put us back a day or so and in the process Eric dropped the motor on his left ring finger. Not broken, but swollen sore, we finally got the car complete and made it Parker about 2 in the afternoon on Friday. As we were driving the car to be teched, the driver rear CV began clicking. Not a good sound. Tech went smoothly otherwise and the boys took the car back to the race trailer to change out the rear axles with our spares. Eric assured me that we would not have any problems with them.
We started the race last out of 27 UTV’s. As the light turned green, we set off after the plume of dust in front of us. We passed the first couple of sportsman cars early and headed out to catch the faster cars. My co-driver, Preston Alexus, kept pushing me faster and faster through the dips and turns. We made it to midway and saw the next sportsman car in the pits. The 1989 of Renee Hudson left just in front of us. We got on her bumper and passed her before the first right hand turn. We were so excited we almost missed the sharp left that came up next! We slammed on the brakes and slid around wide squeezing back on the track just in front of Renee! Trying to put some time between her and us and chasing down the dust in front of us, we hit a big washout. It spun the car around 180.We turned the car around just as the 1989 came by. We set out after her again, catching her in the rock garden and squeezing by her. So fun racing with her!
We entered the main pit for fuel and saw our team mates 1938 out of the care and what looked like major work being done to the rear of the car. Bummer for them. My crew fueled us up and we raced back out to hunt down the rest of the field. Mean while my crew and the crew of the 1920 along with Jeff Furnell and his friend Lance went to work and repaired the front ball joint and rear cv’s of the 1938. They had him back on the track in less than 20 min! They are the best crew out there!
As we left the midway pit for the second time we saw the 1938 heading our way! That is a super fast car! He passed us on the Planet Ranch road and was gone! Not worried about him, we set off to catch the last of the sportsman cars in front of us. I was getting tired, but Preston pushed me to keep our pace as to not lose any of the ground we had gained on the other cars behind us. Hands cramping and feet cold we caught the 1998 Commander in the canyon. Preston urged me forward until we were on the bumper of that car! They pulled over to help the 1917 that was broken down and we sped on by pushing through the twists and turns. The rock garden was brutal on the second lap and we took our time picking through the rocks while trying to keep the other cars behind us. We were passed by a quad and I knew how tired and sore I was at that time, I can’t begin to imagine how those guys must have felt!
We were on the rev limiter as we headed toward the finish line. We rolled onto to the mesa 1st in UTV Sportsman, 4th overall! What a day! We continue to be amazed at how well my 2008 Polaris RZR 800 does with all those cars with much more motor! It just goes to show what a great crew chief and husband I have! His meticulous prepping and coaching have gotten us where we are today.
Thank you to our sponsors: Dragonfire Racing, Parker Oil, AO Coolers, GBC Tires. Tire Balls, HotRods, Muzzy Racing, Shift Up Motorsports, Spy Optics, Rugged Radio, Joel’s T’s, and Turbo Resources. Special thanks to UTVunderground.com for all the great photos and exposure.
Thank you to my crew, Eric, Trevor, and Jeffery. I couldn’t do it without any of you!
Our next adventure will be Brian (1938) and Eric taking on the King of the Hammers! Preston and I will pit for them. I can’t wait! See you all out there!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000