2013 Polaris Industries Line-Up **UTVUnderground Exclusive**

mtoma

Apr 30, 2010
Jackson, CA
What's the HP rating on the RZR 900 vs the Ranger 900?

As much as I hate to admit it, Polaris is pretty much the only manufacturer listening to what the public wants and delivering lately year after year.

They're slowly but surely beating the others in just about every catagory.

Hello..........Yamaha, hello, lol.

Another nice write up Joey.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
From Walker Evans Racing

Looks like the new Ranger motor differs with a wet sump oiling system, different head, big intake manifold plenum with a single throttle body. I'm guessing the CR is lower, it looks like they were going for torquier work friendly motor.

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
So we're looking at 60hp compared to 85hp.

Hmmm, I don't think that's anything that Benchmark can't fix. Will the Ranger be a overweight pig unworthy of the dunes if the thing got a motor make over?

poflo

Jan 3, 2011
Not bad.....sacrifice 25 hp & get a full bed:rolleyes::rolleyes:.......CHEAP..cheap..CHEAP..cheap........should just buy the farm model:rolleyes:

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Nice to have the full bed back, but not at the expense of losing the dry sump. I dont know what they could have done to make a wet sump better then a dry sump? My guess is nothing, but the wet sump is probably cheaper to produce and having only one bed mold is probably more cost effective from the terms of production.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Nice to have the full bed back, but not at the expense of losing the dry sump. I dont know what they could have done to make a wet sump better then a dry sump? My guess is nothing, but the wet sump is probably cheaper to produce and having only one bed mold is probably more cost effective from the terms of production.
I don't know for sure but I think this could be a good change from a motor standpoint. I think some issues prompted this. I am sure Polaris would not go backwards to save a couple bucks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000