2015 RZR 900 S Review

COPPERHEAD42

Apr 10, 2012
I bought this for my wife to ride. Its the base 2015 RZR 900S non power steering. Fox shocks, gbc dirt commander tires, Besides suspension its pretty much a 1k from the seats forward. I knew nothing about this thing really when I went and picked it up. I knew it only had 75hp compared to the old 900 XP's 88. A arm rear vs trailing arm. Seemed like it would be a good machine for the wife.

We went to SMORR over labor day. SMORR is a awesome park for UTV's. UTV's were everywhere and like most places UTV's are really dominating the offroad parks. I took the 900 S out my self to get some video of it and see what it could do. Everyone was amazed how well it did. Super stable, suspension felt great and it seems to have tons of power. I didn't notice any drop of power between it and 900 XP.

Here I did a drag race. The white and red rzr closest to the camera is a 2014 RZR XP 1000 with Muzzy exhaust and programmer. The middle RZR is a 2012 XP 900 all stock besides a bunch of weight ( cage, bumpers, beadlocks, stereo) and the white RZR further from the camera is the 900 S. We raced several times and this was the same outcome everytime. Honestly the 900 XP would jump a bike right off the bat in from the 900 S but the S would reel it in and pass it. I even got next to a 900 XP with the Jagged X kit in it . We were both running 30ish and punched it to 60 or so and we were dead even. He did have a passenger though.

900 S VS XP 1000 VS XP 900 Drag Race - YouTube

Here is the video of this thing doing work. Later in the night we went back to the same trails and there was a couple I really struggled on in my 1K that this 900 went right up. Nearly every trail we hit the S struggled the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxzF3pjgfx0&list=UUGDNZOpc0SQq2ACTk2WsHoQ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000