2016 Wildcat?

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I was going to get a Wildcat X, but it just lacked the power for the dunes compared to the XP1000 and Maverick. It was really fun to drive.

I remember test driving a 4 seat Wildcat X in Glamis and having it pinned through whoops with 4 of us in it. Made the turn from vendors area toward Olds doing 60. The 4 seater was like a caddy.

Can't wait to see what RG and AC come up with.

Reactions: ROTAX

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
yes that is a thing to remember. all arctic cat white cup axles are double plunging and have a ball bearing and spring inside the splined end that goes in the diff. this ball helps lock the axle cup into the diff so the axle doesnt pull out when you are cycling thru nearly 20" of travel. you have to line the axle bar directly centered in the cup, push inward on the axle bar, and then that releases the spring and ball bearing in the detent, and the cup will slide out of the diff. no snatching, no yanking, no slide hammers, its litearally as smooth as glass and a wonderful invention. arctic cat also uses these white cup axles on their MUD PRO line as well, big lifted machines that are running higher axle angles than most can withstand. this was a clever invention by arctic cat back in 2011 when they released the white cup axles on the mud pros. then the very next year they were on the wildcats. i can say in all the years of the wildcat, i cant remember of one single person that had an axle pull out of the diff. which is quite common on some other high lifted or high articulation machines.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
yes that is a thing to remember. all arctic cat white cup axles are double plunging and have a ball bearing and spring inside the splined end that goes in the diff. this ball helps lock the axle cup into the diff so the axle doesnt pull out when you are cycling thru nearly 20" of travel. you have to line the axle bar directly centered in the cup, push inward on the axle bar, and then that releases the spring and ball bearing in the detent, and the cup will slide out of the diff. no snatching, no yanking, no slide hammers, its litearally as smooth as glass and a wonderful invention. arctic cat also uses these white cup axles on their MUD PRO line as well, big lifted machines that are running higher axle angles than most can withstand. this was a clever invention by arctic cat back in 2011 when they released the white cup axles on the mud pros. then the very next year they were on the wildcats. i can say in all the years of the wildcat, i cant remember of one single person that had an axle pull out of the diff. which is quite common on some other high lifted or high articulation machines.
The car was so new to us and none of us new this trick. I really like the setup though.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
OK, so here are the questions.

1. What is this motor that creates "unbelievable power"
2. What exactly are the suspension changes. In the videos it looks like the same rear suspension design.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
They have a supercharged 150hp+ motor on display at the show. It is build by Speedwerx, but perhaps this is insight into what the next Wildcat will have.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
This is the same wildcat that's at the show that the dealers will get to drive this week I was helping speedwerx break it in 3 weeks ago , the 150hp supercharger pump gas setup makes the wildcat shine and gives a bad case of perma grin.

Attachments

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
Factory option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure , I know speedwerx was invited to the dealer show , and they have both a na version of the wildcat x, a supercharged version of the x and a wildcat sport that they setup but I'm not sure if it'll be in the ac accessory catalog or what the deal is.

The na is clutched, has their quiet exhaust and fox shocks

The supercharged got the full treatment featuring the L2 exhaust. I can say the power is immediate and pulls like a freight train.

The sport has clutching and a stainless trail exhaust.

If any of you facebook - https://www.facebook.com/countrycat28/videos/10152974828966262/

They announced the 2017 (at the latest) turbo wildcat , new driveline new motor the works.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
If you pause the video at :53 you can see the wildcat jumping at the end and see that it still has the same trailing arm setup as the old wildcat. Nothing like the video of Robby Gordon riding the wildcat on 2 wheels. Which is a different style rear.

And a speedwerx supercharger is a terrible idea. Cause that means they're gonna still be using the crappy team clutches. And have a huge gaudy supercharger hanging off the side of the clutch cover. Which will make changing a belt an even harder job considering you already had to take the shock off to get the clutch cover off. Now they turned a 40 minute job into an hour and a half job. I am sure it's gonna have the same shit clutching it's always had. And 150hp it's still gonna be a turd wagon. Freaking morons. The video showed a current wildcat with the plastics off. Which appears to have the exact same rear differential as always. Which has a short stub shaft that breaks when you land under power. I sure hope the machine the guys are talking about in the video, is something different. With a different engine and a divorced trans. Good heavens why didn't they copy what Greg biffel is doing. Jesus let's hope they make some changes cause this was depressing.

Edit. Just read the above post. 2017 turbo different engine and trans. Thank goodness.

And a clutch kit won't fix the crappy secondary clutch they have in the current models. I built every helix I could think of. Used every spring available on the market. There is nothing you can do to make it adequately backshift and hold the right ratio all the time. Putting more power to it is just gonna make it overheat the belt faster. Good luck to all of those who do purchase it. I will gladly wait for a 2017 to arrive.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
If you pause the video at :53 you can see the wildcat jumping at the end and see that it still has the same trailing arm setup as the old wildcat. Nothing like the video of Robby Gordon riding the wildcat on 2 wheels. Which is a different style rear.

And a speedwerx supercharger is a terrible idea. Cause that means they're gonna still be using the crappy team clutches. And have a huge gaudy supercharger hanging off the side of the clutch cover. Which will make changing a belt an even harder job considering you already had to take the shock off to get the clutch cover off. Now they turned a 40 minute job into an hour and a half job. I am sure it's gonna have the same shit clutching it's always had. And 150hp it's still gonna be a turd wagon. Freaking morons. The video showed a current wildcat with the plastics off. Which appears to have the exact same rear differential as always. Which has a short stub shaft that breaks when you land under power. I sure hope the machine the guys are talking about in the video, is something different. With a different engine and a divorced trans. Good heavens why didn't they copy what Greg biffel is doing. Jesus let's hope they make some changes cause this was depressing.

Edit. Just read the above post. 2017 turbo different engine and trans. Thank goodness.

And a clutch kit won't fix the crappy secondary clutch they have in the current models. I built every helix I could think of. Used every spring available on the market. There is nothing you can do to make it adequately backshift and hold the right ratio all the time. Putting more power to it is just gonna make it overheat the belt faster. Good luck to all of those who do purchase it. I will gladly wait for a 2017 to arrive.
Over 300 miles ran wot on the unit that's on the show by myself , Jeremy Houle, Patt Dohr (dirt track guru), and a few others

Not one failure , no problems with back shift, no problems with clutching.

Belt changes are not that difficult , back the blower belt tensioner off , remove the belt remove the clutch cover and it's the same as stock. You can still cut the clutch cover on centerline of the primary and then it eliminates the need for a shock removal.

I'm curious how many of speedwerx supercharged wildcats you've ran to justify calling it a "turd wagon" at 150hp on pump gas? Switch to race gas and run a different pulley and you can get even more out of it before you even touch the motors internals.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000