2016 Wildcat?

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
That tan and black wildcat looks sweet. Very curious to see what they have up their sleeves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Where did it say in the video that it was coming with a turbo an all new drive train in 2017?

I watched the video but missed that, I can see the intercooler behind the heads in the interview and it obviously has more hp then the old wildcats, just curious about the release date.

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
my term "turd Wagon" isnt necessarily directed towards the horsepower. its the parts they added to make power, and what they have done with it as a whole.

i understand your affiliation with Speedwerx, and i understand you have long used their products on your sleds. i can understand your defensiveness towards my comments but i have worked on various supercharger setups in my day and i can tell you without a doubt, the TEAM 3 arm primary will handle the power when you load the base of the weighs up to keep it out of the rev limiter off the line, BUT the base-heavy weights backshift like a pig. if Cat is still using the inverted base secondary, like their cats have been for two years, you CAN NOT make it backshift under loads. impossible. wont do it. regardless of what fairy dust you sprinkle at it, adding more power just makes it worse. you can drive the machine and play with it as much as you want, you and the other guys who understand how to ride a machine. give it to the general public and watch every single one blow a belt because the average joe dont understand when to get out of the throttle.

i have worked with various OEMs in my day on many projects and seen what the OEMs do for clutching. watched them log thousands of miles in testing on units and swear they have the clutching figured out. let them take them to glamis for a "follow the leader" ride and see machines blowing belts and after giving them to sponsored riders (racers) the guys cant make 4 miles without blowing a belt. i am not talking like back in 2008. i am talking bout brand new machines just released within the last few months.

a supercharger is a wonderful addition to any engine. i own supercharged vehicles and i absolutely love them. a supercharger on a 3 arm CVT primary is just not what i would do. you gotta load it to the moon to keep it out of the rev limter off the line, and once it locks up its terribly inconsistent because the weights are so base heavy. they need a 6 arm primary at minimum for a 150hp supercharger setup. a supercharger as an option in the catalog is wonderful, i hope they sell a ton. but to have it on every machine is going to be a headache. folks want power. but all they needed was good clutching. you can have all the power in the world but a crappy clutch is always going to make the machine suck. youre gonna be driving a machine with that kinda power harder and faster. did they upgrade the wheel hubs/axle stubs to handle the side loading of the car from coming into corners so hard?

i absolutely love arctic cats. i own two. love them to death. i have helped them and tried helping them on many occasions but they always let bottom dollar get in the way and it upsets me to see them fail. i really hope your supercharger setup works out. i am very familiar with superchargers on CVT machines, and i can tell you that is not the way i would go. if i was a consumer i would specifically steer clear of that machine in the dealership because of how it is and what it will be. it will be a huge headache.

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
my term "turd Wagon" isnt necessarily directed towards the horsepower. its the parts they added to make power, and what they have done with it as a whole.

i understand your affiliation with Speedwerx, and i understand you have long used their products on your sleds. i can understand your defensiveness towards my comments but i have worked on various supercharger setups in my day and i can tell you without a doubt, the TEAM 3 arm primary will handle the power when you load the base of the weighs up to keep it out of the rev limiter off the line, BUT the base-heavy weights backshift like a pig. if Cat is still using the inverted base secondary, like their cats have been for two years, you CAN NOT make it backshift under loads. impossible. wont do it. regardless of what fairy dust you sprinkle at it, adding more power just makes it worse. you can drive the machine and play with it as much as you want, you and the other guys who understand how to ride a machine. give it to the general public and watch every single one blow a belt because the average joe dont understand when to get out of the throttle.

i have worked with various OEMs in my day on many projects and seen what the OEMs do for clutching. watched them log thousands of miles in testing on units and swear they have the clutching figured out. let them take them to glamis for a "follow the leader" ride and see machines blowing belts and after giving them to sponsored riders (racers) the guys cant make 4 miles without blowing a belt. i am not talking like back in 2008. i am talking bout brand new machines just released within the last few months.

a supercharger is a wonderful addition to any engine. i own supercharged vehicles and i absolutely love them. a supercharger on a 3 arm CVT primary is just not what i would do. you gotta load it to the moon to keep it out of the rev limter off the line, and once it locks up its terribly inconsistent because the weights are so base heavy. they need a 6 arm primary at minimum for a 150hp supercharger setup. a supercharger as an option in the catalog is wonderful, i hope they sell a ton. but to have it on every machine is going to be a headache. folks want power. but all they needed was good clutching. you can have all the power in the world but a crappy clutch is always going to make the machine suck. youre gonna be driving a machine with that kinda power harder and faster. did they upgrade the wheel hubs/axle stubs to handle the side loading of the car from coming into corners so hard?

i absolutely love arctic cats. i own two. love them to death. i have helped them and tried helping them on many occasions but they always let bottom dollar get in the way and it upsets me to see them fail. i really hope your supercharger setup works out. i am very familiar with superchargers on CVT machines, and i can tell you that is not the way i would go. if i was a consumer i would specifically steer clear of that machine in the dealership because of how it is and what it will be. it will be a huge headache.
To clarify I dont work for speedwerx, I am sponsored yes and have spent the last two summers with them working on things both on my own cat and spent a day driving the one that is at the dealer show.

Unless you have drove the supercharged unit and have seen the clutching I wouldn't assume anything. Everything has been gone through and weights are speedwerx machined in shop weights not a team brand weight and as I said earlier ,has been tested at many different levels. Not sure Why you think a procharger is a "turd wagon" brand or that the parts are inferior to others..

Stub shafts and axles are stock and there are no doubt better solutions out there but there wasn't a failure with the time put in on that machine. We modified mine on my unit to prevent the nut from backing off and have seen no problems with them at the horsepower my built motor is putting out.

Considering Speedwerx/Ryan Simons saw the gold last year at X games with their CVT supercharger kit, and are known for making some of the best back country sleds (200+ hp) with a CVT based supercharger on a 3 tower clutch I dont think I would worry too much about it and yes I know the clutches are different from the wildcat to the sled.

Their clutch performance/calibration on the Championship sleds of Tucker Hibbert , Zach Herfindahl, The soo I500 winning sled, and many more at an amateur level I don't think I would worry about their ability to tune/build a CVT machine. If it has their name on it you can be sure it will perform, and it will do exactly as advertised. Not to mention the customer service that comes with anything with their name on it.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
If the next wildcat has that same motor in it that it's had since it came out, I would call it a turd no matter what kind of lipstick they put on it!

fortune46x

Aug 1, 2013
Iowa
Where did it say in the video that it was coming with a turbo an all new drive train in 2017?

I watched the video but missed that, I can see the intercooler behind the heads in the interview and it obviously has more hp then the old wildcats, just curious about the release date.
At the dealer show you got to see it , its been said its at 2017 for release date but personally I would be surprised if they didnt release it before like they did the X to get it into BITD and SCORE races. - thats just speculation though.

If the next wildcat has that same motor in it that it's had since it came out, I would call it a turd no matter what kind of lipstick they put on it!

This was the dealer show intro.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Bummer, I was hoping 2016 was the year. They do look cooler.

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
I would put a wildcat on the podium at BITD if wildcat had some factory support. Any ideas whether they plan to enter the desert racing scene? I just don't want to win another championship for a manufacturer that does not have factory support. (I have 3 under my belt)

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Yes, that's the talk. My guess is team Speed Cat. Todd and Creed teaming up.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I just don't get why Arctic Cat would show that much of "whats coming"? Makes ZERO sense. Why would anyone buy a current Wildcat X knowing there is a better one coming either later this year or next year? And why would you show your cards to the competition to they can one up you. Not that OEMs do that but come on, you know they all are watching and want to shut down the competition. On top of that it kind of kills the buzz for when those do get released.

As for racing, I know of at least one major Polaris racer / team that has been contacted by Arctic Cat. It was not a current BITD racer though. I think it would be cool if RG raced in UTV. Even if it was just a couple of races.

jajl22

Jun 5, 2015
Thx for the info guys.

Just to be clear, the Wildcat that is in the video with RG and others talking about it is the Wildcat said to be a 2017 release. Many think it will be sooner rather then later.

Is the 2017 Wildcat running the Speewerx supercharger kit? or is that something else entirely different as well? Like an add on part for current ones or something like that?

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I just don't get why Arctic Cat would show that much of "whats coming"? Makes ZERO sense. Why would anyone buy a current Wildcat X knowing there is a better one coming either later this year or next year? And why would you show your cards to the competition to they can one up you. Not that OEMs do that but come on, you know they all are watching and want to shut down the competition. On top of that it kind of kills the buzz for when those do get released.

As for racing, I know of at least one major Polaris racer / team that has been contacted by Arctic Cat. It was not a current BITD racer though. I think it would be cool if RG raced in UTV. Even if it was just a couple of races.
Joey - I think they showed it so people see that Robby Gordon is not just going to be a name and a graphics option. That video shows me Robby is taking part in the development and they are testing to get it right. Not a completely stupid move.

My guess is you will get the current wildcats at smoking deals. Probably well below MSRP for OTD. Look how many Bert's and other dealers sold when they offered huge discounts.

I think we will see a few wildcats next season racing in the desert and maybe a wildcat event at Robbie's stadium truck series.

Reactions: JoeyD23

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
Joey - I think they showed it so people see that Robby Gordon is not just going to be a name and a graphics option. That video shows me Robby is taking part in the development and they are testing to get it right. Not a completely stupid move.

I think we will see a few wildcats next season racing in the desert and maybe a wildcat event at Robbie's stadium truck series.
I guess we'll see if he has any Wildcats at the sand sport show since Robby normally puts on a show there as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000