3rd Annual Lucas Oil Regional Shootout

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013

They have made a couple changes to the weekend to accomodate the last race that got rained out. Sounds like a heck of a weekend, who's headed to AZ? Who's ready to rep their home state? Here's the official info on the weekend from the AZ regionals:

Attention Racers!
Due to the Rained out Round 7 event from September there are some changes to the original 2014 season. Round 7 will now be Friday, November 7th taking place at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler and Main Events will begin at 6 p.m. This is open to all participants that pre-paid and attended the last event weekend held on September 27th as well as to any racer that ran 2 or more Rounds during the 2014 season.

PLEASE NOTE: There is now only 1 Throw-out Round with the best 7 out of 8 Rounds that will count toward your Championship. Make sure you pre-register for Friday, November 7th if you were not in attendance during Round 6 & 7 in September. Saturday, November 8th Round 8 will be the LAST POINTS RACE of the season.

Round 7 will be Main Events only, there will be no qualifying. There will be 3 Qualifying Points awarded to each participant and the running order will be based on current points standing with no inversion.
Practice will be held prior to the main events on Friday, November 7th beginning at 12:30 until 4 p.m. and will be open to anybody that is participating during the weekend events, the Shoot-out or the Reschedule Race.
Remember to bring your wristband from the rained out day (either Weekend Admission or Saturday Only) in order to receive credit for Friday admission only. You can pre-purchase Weekend Admission to the event online on the "Pre-Register" page of the website for a discounted rate of $10/day, admission at the gate will be $15/day. The deadline to order your pre-paid discounted tickets will be Sunday, November 2nd , this will ensure proper time for mailing the tickets to you.

POINTS FUND:
Regarding Points Fund, the make-up race Round 7 will be the last race that contributes to the Points Fund.

BANQUET:
We are working on securing a date and location for our 2014 Awards Banquet and will have information

REGIONAL SHOOTOUT:
The 3rd Annual Lucas Oil Regional Shootout with all Series will be held the weekend of November 7th - 9th at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park in Chandler, Arizona. The previous years the Shootout was held in Las Vegas, then Lake Elsinore, and each was a great turnout and full of exciting racing. All Regional Series will be participating, including Utah, California, Nevada and Arizona.

"We are expecting a great turnout this year, including racers from 4 states and 2 countries. I have received many inquiries to date regarding the event; I know it will be an epic weekend full of battles and hard racing," states Tim Jones, Director of Lucas Oil Regional Off-Road Series Arizona. Saturday, November 8th will be the final round for Lucas Oil Regional Off-Road Series Arizona, and will provide the starting grid for Sunday's shootout. Saturday will be the normal format with Qualifying first then the Main Events. The Main Events on Sunday, November 9th will be lined up by the finishing order from Saturday, in which the winners of the Main Events on Saturday will do a pill draw for Sunday's Shootout. The inversion will be either 0, 2 or 4.
A $50 per 2-day entry purse will be awarded to the Shootout Champions and will be split by the top 3 in each class. "We are working with several sponsors to add to the purse sizes with products or more cash. If anybody is interested in donating to a class, please contact me to discuss," Tim Jones. The Shootout Champions will be crowned on Sunday, November 9th.

DESERT TRUCK SPARTAN CUP:
Lucas Oil Regional Off-Road Series Arizona will be hosting the 1st Lucas Oil Regional Spartan Cup held during the Lucas Oil Regional Off-Road Series' Shootout Saturday November 8-9th. All desert truck racers are invited to participate. The format will be the same as the Regional Shootout in which Saturday will consist of Qualifying and then Main Events. The grid will be set on Sunday, November 9th from the winner of Saturday's Main Event. There will be a pill draw by the winner of the main event on Saturday of either 0, 2 or 4. $50 from each weekend entry will be added to the purse for the Champion which will be split by the top 3 winners. "There is expected to be a very good turnout for this class, the track is awesome and there will be really good racing! We are working with several sponsors to add to the purse sizes with products or more cash. If anybody is interested in donating to increase the purse, please contact me to discuss," Tim Jones, Director of Lucas Oil Regional Off-Road Series Arizona.

More info and full event schedule here

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
We will be there!! I can't wait! Changed my SEMA plans a little to accomodate the Friday practice!

We had 18 SR1s at Elsinore, and the race here at Firebird on Saturday will determine the 2014 SR1 Champion, so I'm sure we will get a great turnout for the final weekend! Three days of racing!! So awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000