793cc vrs 802cc Adavantage or Not ?

Grant@funco

Monster Energy / Funco Kawasaki - UTVUnderground A
Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
I doubt this will come across in the spirit in which it's posted . But here it is .

Alot of folks here see LOORS ruling as bogus, but do you feel the same way when it is put in a different perspective.
This is not a dig at Weller or Austin . Just a discussion with some of the people here that may not have a deep background in racing where strict rules apply and why it's important to have them implemented and adhered to .

Bore x Bore X Stroke x .7854 x # of cylinders = displacement

8.8 x 8.8 x 6.6 = 511.104, 511.104 x .7854 = 401.42cc per cylinder, x2 = 802.8cc

8.75 x 8.75 x 6.6 x .7854 = 396.87cc x 2 = 793.74cc

Reactions: 1 person

Long Travel Ind.

Human Welding Machine - UTVUnderground Approved
May 31, 2009
anaheim
I agree with you Grant we all knew the 800cc rule way back when CORR set it, and it was a big discussion with four stroke tech, muzzy and fundy about how the 88mm pistons were over the size limit I'm sure there are alot of people scrambling right now for parts!!!:D

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I do not think too many, LTI. sucks also though, have to have new cylinders also :eek:

I stated this before, last year at CORR, they did a fluid test and kept a % of margine for error, this season they were checked by bore and stroke. the correct way IMO.

good post Grant.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Knowing that, it seems logical that they would say because of the way cylinders are built that they would allow up to 804cc......? Either way rules are rules and they need to be followed regardless. Sounds as if Lucas did their job and everyone will learn.

Thanks for the detailed math Grant! Rep Points!

Last edited:

c&c rhino

UTVUnderground SXS Tech - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 18, 2009
lake elsinore, ca
there is an 800cc cap because of the rzr having a 800 sticker on it, and being advertised as such. guess it would make more sense to have the cap be 760cc, what the rzr's true displacement is. simple ie. logical is just too damn hard i guess.

AZCourt

AZ's Finest - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
If they are going to enforce one rule shouldn't they enforce them all? How many cars had passenger seats? What is the legal width?
What is the stock clutch? Do all of the cars appear stock? If i'm the only one entered in the limited class will they still pull my motor if I win (finish)?

Grant@funco

Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
If they are going to enforce one rule shouldn't they enforce them all? How many cars had passenger seats? What is the legal width?
What is the stock clutch? Do all of the cars appear stock? If i'm the only one entered in the limited class will they still pull my motor if I win (finish)?
Yeah , I think they should. But be careful what you wish for. Of the top 3 before DQ on sunday only one had a seat visible. I did not pat attention to 4th or 5th place. Legal width was 72" last year, we're 71.5 " from what I understand they raised it to 74 or 78 to accomodate the series sponsor + 6" kits. We run a factory Kawaski clutch ... next !

Grant@funco

Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
Knowing that, it seems logical that they would say because of the way cylinders are built that they would allow up to 804cc......?

Thanks for the detailed math Grant! Rep Points!
Not really , we bore the cylinders to the piston and ring spec.

The specs were cut and pasted from SK21.. rep him LOL

Rander637

The Worlds Fastest RZR's - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 22, 2009
So Cal
Yeah , I think they should. But be careful what you wish for. Of the top 3 before DQ on sunday only one had a seat visible. I did not pat attention to 4th or 5th place. Legal width was 72" last year, we're 71.5 " from what I understand they raised it to 74 or 78 to accomodate the series sponsor + 6" kits. We run a factory Kawaski clutch ... next !
I hope your talking about my seat, we even took on the extra weight of a passenger:p hahah just messin around grant, great job this weekend with all the work you guys put in, sorry to interupt...:rolleyes:

Grant@funco

Feb 8, 2009
Califorinia
No worries young man!! I was just trying to make a point.

Personally I think the seat rule is freakin silly !!

You had apretty good weekend yourself . Very Impressive for sure

Long Travel Ind.

May 31, 2009
anaheim
I agree with court if one rule is enforced I think all rules should be enforced Grant and Troy know a bunch of the racers sat down over a year ago to hash out some of theses rules to make it easy for the promoter to follow and use as well as us builders to use when building the cars to those specs then as CORR came into the picture and it all went to shit in my opinion . but we all wanted to race in " the big show" and let them treat us like a red headed step child. I think we need to step up and create a sanctioned body for all of us sidexside racers if we want to progress the sport in the right direction.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
I think that sanctioning body does exist. Unfortunately it is the UTVRA and is ran by Cory Sappington who also is a LORRS official...

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
I agree, be careful what you wish for, SXS means two seats, also your suppose to have a metal firewall between you and your motor as an example that is not followed, by at least one competitor that I know of.
they also do width checks like Grant said. and also the rules say stock style clutch. I will gladly put my wet clutch back on of all the rhinos do the same Court. to me, I would have an advantage over the bigger Yamaha motors then, as I have raced mine that way already in short course. Bring it! lol

I disagree with CORR went to shit with the rules last year though, but I agree with the red headed step child comment, UTV's are the track packers for the "pro" teams. :eek: even in the Lucas series.

M4SX is really no better, every time I show up the rules are looked at differently. and actually safety is less, example: letting racers run with doors that open??????? hello!!!!

I really do not think any of the racers have had any issues with the rules so far, this whole topic stemmed from an asumption based on last years rules and testing.

like someone mentioned, nice to be civil in this discussion.

Rog

Long Travel Ind.

May 31, 2009
anaheim
you are correct about UTVRA being a sactioning body but not for short course and it is a joke anyways( does any of the short course racers even belong to UTVRA) Cory needs to step up if he he can make that work !! I agree with Rodger, bring on 2 seats that you can sit in and stock clutches and whatever!!! we are in the middle of building 2 cars for customers right now and will definetely fit within those rules :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000