Adding a stock and stock mod class?

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I think we should also consider having a stock and a stock mod class. Think of the old Elsinore days. The stock cars were a blast to watch. The stock mod class would be cool for all the desert guys. Stock displacement, bolt on motor upgrades, and long travel. The classes would be required to follow all saftey requirements.

Bottom line more cars racing means more people watching. Didnt over 50 UTV's race Soboba? We need all these guys racing.

Let me know what you guys think.

family wagon

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
Riverside
I think that it is a good idea, it would bring out more people which means more money for whoever will be throwing the event together

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
no long travel, that was one of things that made it so fun to watch. also long travel, helps them keep more speed and that equals more safety stuff, then your right into mod class.

I think they were allowed a certain size wheel spacer and a shock change, bolt on cage with door bars. pretty basic really.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
This car would qualify as a stock mod.

Stock 660 motor. Exhaust, cdi box. Long travel suspension.

Stock Mod

This car would be stock class.
Stock motor, Exhaust, cdi box, wheel spacer, stock replacement shock.

Lets get back to the roots of the sport.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Haaaayyy!!! Believe it or not, that lil blue stocker is my White Pro Rhino now....that was a lot of fun, btw. Stock CDI even!!

junior quisquis

I AM NOT BLUE - YOU LIFT-YOU LOSE! - UTVUndergroun
I used to race elsinore back in the day. I started out learning in a stock them moving up to the stock mod. I miss those days. Just good old racing. I have acess to a track, Let me know I can get a small stock race put together real fast. "Good old Racing"

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I am all for the stock and stock mod classes!! No matter whatthe track its alwys fun to watch those guys romp around the track. Like Junior and Cory, lots of racers started in closer to stock cars anyway so why not try and breed a whole new generation of racers by laxing the rules and bringing that class back!!! Someone needs to do it!

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
I think we should also consider having a stock and a stock mod class. Think of the old Elsinore days. The stock cars were a blast to watch. The stock mod class would be cool for all the desert guys. Stock displacement, bolt on motor upgrades, and long travel. The classes would be required to follow all saftey requirements.

Bottom line more cars racing means more people watching. Didnt over 50 UTV's race Soboba? We need all these guys racing.

Let me know what you guys think.

my car seen elsinores stock class many of times... used to be red with hovis shower pans and rhino mafia stickers on the side :D

REZ MOTORSPORTS

This Member is a complete fraud and has been banne
Feb 21, 2009
IN HELL
what is "stock":confused:even with a tech there is no way too tell what you have done. the stock class should be low fees so you can get to have fun and experience racing with out spending alot of $

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000