adopt a trail /Arrow head

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
A group of us have been involved in the adopt a trail up in Frazier park trail 118 and 119 are under care of La Familia , utv riders and friends which cover everyone that goes out .

We are still new at this but we want to give back and show a positive side of utv users and we think that this is a good way by going out with the Rangers and on our own and taking care of the little things like cutting the brush back , making water divert berms and yes pick up some trash on the side of the trail just to give a idea .

Now we have been offered a few trail up in Arrow head , we don't have all the info right now but the trail or trail will be a trail that you can or probably have already road your utv on .

So this thread is just to start peeps to think if they would like to help and as soon as we get more info will post it up .

So plez post up what you think and thanks for looking .

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Ok, that was quick , Me and Grumpy are going out to look at some trail that the Ranger said need help it will just be a scouting trip and will be meeting up at miller canyon staging area I'll post up time and directions later to night .

9am meet and greet and trail time 930

A view of the camping and staging area .

where you turn off the 138 to the staging/camping area.
34*16'12.82N
117*17'25.00W

At this spot you will turn left onto Dart Canyon Rd. And then a quick right onto Miller Canyon Rd.

Last edited:

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Too short of notice for me on this one, is there a planned future one yet?
This is just a scouting trip to look at the trails that were talked about and then will be talking / meeting with the ranger next week if all goes well and will go from there But as far as pland trips right now we have this one coming up and your more then welcome to come out .

http://www.utvunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10962

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
updateS ?????? count me in well you know if i'm not in Glamis
Well we went out on sunday me , Bill and Dave and we looked over some of the trails that are one the board to be adopted . I don't want to put the numbers out right now until it's inked .

We meet Eddie a friend of a forum friend and he and his son rode with us all day in his new XP . Also we almost got taken out twice by quads but other then that it was a nice day .

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
No pics of the said trail
Sorry ,No pix to speak of at this time . The trail number are 2n37 ,2n36 2n34 these are the trail / fire roads right out of Miller canyon , which is nice for staging reasons .

We are thinking the first trail trip will be the second week end of December. November is shot with vet's day and THG . We still have to meet with the ranger on the trail and start that and get his input on what might be the hot topic's to start on .

Sorry for the short notice on the last trip but it was just a scouting trip and no trail maintenance was done . We will be working with the Forest service and have to learn and play by their rules which shouldn't be a problem . So were taking it slow .

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
We meet with a N. F.S Ranger to go over some of the problems on the trails to day and came up with a list of problem spots and plan a on doing La Familia , utv riders and friends first adopt a trail clean up On Dec. 8th & 9th we will be staging / camping at miller canyon staging area. We will start a new thread for very soon . If you would like to come out or need more info post up or give me a pm .
http://www.utvunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11274

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000