Adopt A Trail LPNF IMMEDIATE INFO NEEDED

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
I would be all over this but I dont own any jeans... So I guess im out....lol....

No for reals, with me moving to riverside here in a few weeks thats just a little to far. I would like to work on something out my way...:cool:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I would be all over this but I dont own any jeans... So I guess im out....lol....

No for reals, with me moving to riverside here in a few weeks thats just a little to far. I would like to work on something out my way...:cool:
Govacho, I think RIch and Grumpy are working on doing something like this in SBNF. Maybe you could help out if something down that way comes together:)

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Who Can Adopt-A-Trail?

Adopters can be any age. You can participate as an individual, a family, scout group, a club or an office group. All it takes is willingness to get out and work on your trail and have fun accomplishing this needed work. When a trail is adopted a sign will be placed at the entrance of the trail with the name of the adopter(s).
Why Volunteer?

Adopt-A-Trail because it is fun! Enjoy your favorite outdoor setting with friends and family while you accomplish a worthwhile job. You are helping us accomplish valuable work.
Objectives of the program

• Create a Spirit of cooperation between different user groups, visitors, businesses and the Forest Service
  • Allow the continued enjoyment of the trails in our National Forests, year after year, for generations.
  • Promote all aspects of safety in the use of equipment and vehicles.
  • Unite those concerned in responsible land management practices through the maintenance of trails and public education.
  • Promote land stewardship, physical fitness and instill a sense of pride and ownership for volunteers.
  • Most importantly, weather you are picking up trash, removing downed trees or building water bars, the Uinta National Forest needs you. Get involved, be a trail adopter. You can make a difference.

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Govacho, I think RIch and Grumpy are working on doing something like this in SBNF. Maybe you could help out if something down that way comes together:)
Yup, the plan is to get Dave's gig started and then will have it down and then find a trail in our mtns . Also were working some carpooling and some utv pooling to keep the cost down for peeps for this one . .

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
I am looking to get the final roster to LPNF by end of this week. If you think you will want to work on these trails at least once in the next 12 months, but can't make the training, you can still PM me your full name and phone #. This way, you are officially on the roster for trail work and can work along side someone who has gone through the training, if you want to be part of this.

Thanks again to everyone for volunteering.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
1. Slacker (Chris)
2. Mike Burns
3. Trukndave (me)
4. Marksbackhoe
5. Japinthebox
6. XPirate
7. Grumpysrzr4
8. OneRich
9. 66Cummins
10. Rzrcsi
11. Simidude
12. Mike (Slackers Bud)
13. Dunerat

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
I am looking to get the final roster to LPNF by end of this week. If you think you will want to work on these trails at least once in the next 12 months, but can't make the training, you can still PM me your full name and phone #. This way, you are officially on the roster for trail work and can work along side someone who has gone through the training, if you want to be part of this.

1. Slacker (Chris)
2. Mike Burns
3. Trukndave (me)
4. Marksbackhoe
5. Japinthebox
6. XPirate
7. Grumpysrzr4
8. OneRich
9. 66Cummins
10. Rzrcsi
11. Simidude
12. Mike (Slackers Bud)
13. Dunerat

Ok I keep seeing the word WORK and this if this is scaring any body to give a little back just remember , Dave is doing all the Work and we will have score cards to score his efforts :D But really we always have a good time with what every we do. I'm sure there will be some dam building and bridge retro fitting and may be some bear re locating but That the easy part ! The hard is will re open a trail if it closes and us showing that we ( UTV trail users ) care enough, might help down the road when we want some one to listing to us .

So Guys and gals lets start with this one day and show the ranger that we are for real ! Who is next on the list ???????

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
THANKS RICH!!

I sent in final application and roster yesterday. We have 15 solid volunteers, and that's a great group!! These trails are only open half the year (Closed during the snow season), but are easy to maintain. I think were gonna have fun and learn a lot about trail maintenance. I look forward to working with all of you in a couple weeks!!

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011

1. Slacker (Chris)
2. Mike Burns
3. Trukndave (me)
4. Marksbackhoe
5. Japinthebox
6. XPirate
7. Grumpysrzr4
8. OneRich
9. 66Cummins
10. Rzrcsi
11. Simidude
12. Mike (Slackers Bud)
13. Dunerat
14. Flyingbryan

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011

1. Slacker (Chris)
2. Mike Burns
3. Trukndave (me)
4. Marksbackhoe
5. Japinthebox
6. XPirate
7. Grumpysrzr4
8. OneRich
9. 66Cummins
10. Rzrcsi
11. Simidude
12. Mike (Slackers Bud)
13. Dunerat
14. Flyingbryan
15. Jay & Angie

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Oh yeah made the list. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I told Dave I may need to ride on the roof of someone's SxS on Saturday. lol

Bryan :cool:

Last edited:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011

LOL!! You could use that flying thing in your avatar:eek:

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011
Funny thing is I was looking at the 3 helipads at the ranger station and thinking how could I talk our company into letting me fly up there.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Yep that's where we will be. I've seen a cool Sikorsky at that spot training

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Does any one on the list have any trail clean up history ? I know the ranger is going to be there and me and grumpy have been doing research but it's always nice to read from peeps ya know .

Brian that would be cool( flying up there ) because that 5 sucks big time going up that hill .

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield

The Short Bus has a nice big roof on it. It also has a an open seat or two, but it's totally up to you:D

I'm sure someone will squeeze you in, just don't eat too much of the breakfast Dave is going to buy for all of us.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
The Short Bus has a nice big roof on it. It also has a an open seat or two, but it's totally up to you:D

I'm sure someone will squeeze you in, just don't eat too much of the breakfast Rich is going to buy for all of us.
Thanks Rich!!! You da man!!

I cant wait for Big John's Famous Stuffed French Toast again:D

Flyingbryan

Jun 23, 2011

I'm sure someone will squeeze you in, just don't eat too much of the breakfast Dave is going to buy for all of us.
Thanks Chris, let's plan on me taking a seat in the short bus and if I get my Commander back or if another seat works out better for everyone than we can change later.

Thanks for saving the day Chris,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000