ADRA Thunder on the Beach Shootout! Rocky Point Mexico Apr 26th/27th

JONES23

ASCC
Mar 31, 2010
Mesa AZ
www.arizonashortcourse.com
Arizona Desert Racing Association is presented by ADS Racing Shocks!

RACE WEEKEND SCHEDULE
APRIL 26TH & 27TH

FRIDAY APRIL 26TH
Registration/Tech at Thunder on the Beach Raceway 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m
www.thunderonthebeach.mx

Poker Run $10 per vehicle everyone welcome 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
At start/finish www.thunderonthebeach.mx

Mandatory Drivers meeting 7:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
At the Playa Bonita Restaurant Terrace
www.playabonitaresort.com

RACE DAY APRIL 27TH
20 mile laps
Sportsman Trucks, Buggies and UTV's 9:00 a.m. - 5 Laps

Pro Trucks and Buggies 1:00 p.m. - 7 Laps

AWARDS CEREMONY: immediately following the end of the race at the Playa Bonita Restaurant Terrace.
Happy Hour prices will be available from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
www.playabonitaresort.com

HOST HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS:
The rate at Playa Bonita will be $69.00 dollars per night based on double occupancy. Code 151079
PLAYA BONITA RESORT From USA 1-888-232-8142 www.playabonitaresort.com

The rate at Laos Mar will be $49.00 dollars per night based on double occupancy. Code 26080
LAOS MAR HOTEL AND SUITES 1-877-736-5005 www.playabonitaresort.com/laos

The rate at the Playa Bonita RV Park $19.00 dollars per night full hook ups. $25.00 per night Beach front.
PLAYA BONITA R.V. PARK From USA 1-888-232-8142 http://www.playabonitaresort.com/rv.html Code 15674

*All areas of the race track are secured by chain link fencing. There will be 24 hour security.
*Arrangements have been made with authorities for easy entrance into Mexico and on to the track.
*Anyone not having a passport will need to bring a birth certificate and picture I.D.
*Weapons and ammo are not permitted in Mexico. Store at Why Not Travel Store, Why, AZ.
*Emergency staff as well as trauma doctors will be present during races. A modern trauma center is located one (1) mile from the track with airvac capabilities to the United States if needed.
*Mexican Vehicle insurance is required. All Vehicle! EXAMPLE: If you run your UTV on any roads to and from the pits you will need insurance for your UTV, ATV, motorcycle, etc. You MUST insure EVERY vehicle!!! You can obtain Mexican Vehicle insurance at the boarder or you can also go to www.portugalinsurance.com

Tim Jones
602-763-4635

Attachments

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
decided to take a vacation to mexico. and go racing as a side venture LOL. anyone else goin?

JONES23

ASCC
Mar 31, 2010
Mesa AZ
Pre Entries

Unlimited truck
Armando Bravo
Gary Zweifel

Class 1
Randy Blume
Tim Hunt
Reuben Wood
Loren Brown

Class 10
Josh Beyer

Class 12
Mark Fisk
Mike Williams
Arturo Gutierrez

Class 8
Ryan McCoskey
Steven Arlia

Class ½ 1600
Brian Mckee
Brent Mckee
Will Kellner
Reuben Wilson

Ultra 4x4/4400
Jeremy Hammer
Mark Mason
Andrew McLaughlin
Todd McCullen (maybe)

Sportsman Unlimited Buggy
Kevin Brown
Grant Williams

UTV
Tony Larabell
Donnie Zipf

Utv133

Mar 14, 2012
Havasu
I'm going to be down there. If I don't break at worcs this weekend I might put the fuel cell in the rzr and go play !!

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
I'm going to be down there. If I don't break at worcs this weekend I might put the fuel cell in the rzr and go play !!
sweeeeeet. the more the merrier.im tired of racin buggies and trucks LOL.some more sxs would be awesome. i tell you one thing,its the most relaxed rules and an awesome group of people.no drama .

Utv133

Mar 14, 2012
Havasu
Ya I did whiplash for years there were kick back rules too. I won't be much of a race for you in my 800 rzr even with stage 3 motor. Lol. I need a co driver if I go I guess

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
Im on the fence, im going either way just not sure if i am going to race or not. Might just do the prerun
get off the fence and in the rzr LOL.was lookin forward to racin with ya.....hell ,you are there ,might as well run it.

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
get off the fence and in the rzr LOL.was lookin forward to racin with ya.....hell ,you are there ,might as well run it.
Well at the moment my car is disabled, my starter took a shit and I've been waiting for a new to come off back order for 2 weeks now. I'm not sure ill have one in time......

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
Well at the moment my car is disabled, my starter took a shit and I've been waiting for a new to come off back order for 2 weeks now. I'm not sure ill have one in time......
call swingarm(tim) he might have one.right down the road.or if ya want ill give him a hollar for ya, i

sanduras

Jan 14, 2013
There's only 1 Utv class i take it since there's only 2 utvs so far
i believe so, but the fun part is we will race with 3/4 of the people signed up(trucks ,buggies and jeeps). last time i was within seconds of the class1 cars that were signed up in sportsman.great fun ,awesome track ,and cool people.

JONES23

ASCC
Mar 31, 2010
Mesa AZ
There's only 1 Utv class i take it since there's only 2 utvs so far
There have been a couple more register since, and I am hearing there are a few more planning on coming.

It is going to be awesome weather and a great time, and don't you know Corona is better in Rocky Point :D

Just posted a little update... Use this link to share with your friends...tell them all about it
https://www.facebook.com/notes/adra...hosted-by-arizona-desert-raci/638177002864408

Rocky Point Poker Run and Desert Race this Weekend Hosted by Arizona Desert Racing Association
Poker Run Friday April 26th, Racing Saturday April 27th

GILBERT, AZ APRIL 22, 2013: This weekend is the perfect time to head to Rocky Point, enjoy a afternoon poker run, a day of desert racing and then the warm and sunny beaches! The Arizona Desert Racing Association continues it’s second season with the Thunder on the Beach Shootout desert race in Rocky Point Mexico on April 26th and 27th. Friday’s Poker Run is open to anyone from 4-6pm for only $10 per vehicle. Saturday’s race will be broken down into Sportsman classes in the morning at 9am, and Pro classes in the afternoon at 1pm. “I can’t even stress how nice this area is. It is on the other side of the border, but we have done a lot to ensure everyones safety, and the safety of your vehicles,†said Tim Jones, President of the Arizona Desert Racing Association. “Trust me, it is worth it. The Sand Beach Resort area in Rocky Point is incredible. I have been down there a couple of times setting up the course and it is going to be really cool. It will be a 20 mile loop of fast sections with fun twists including a sand hill and a short course track in the infield.â€

“Just like all of our races, this will be a fun, yet challenging race course for drivers. We welcome all levels of drivers and have positioned our series for new racers to get their feet wet in the morning classes and the big boys to come out and make some dust in the afternoon class, all at a reasonable and affordable entry fees,†continued Tim Jones.

...and it keeps going... READ MORE

**IMPORTANT FUEL INFO ADDED**

o 5 gal or 55 gal drums Sunoco or 55 gal drums of VP Racing Fuel is available at Salcido Refacentos (Autoparts). Salcido is the town just past the Arizona border. It is next door to the big Pemex at the big round about. Our Contact is Carlos Garcia 011-52-651-513-0073. They are open from 8am-10pm It is rather expensive so this should be considered a back up plan if you choose to not bring fuel across.

You going? You taking a camera? Let me know...

Charlene

UTVWeekly / Bower Motorsports Media - UTVUndergrou
Feb 18, 2011
Posted the Wrap up Press Release today!

If your not familiar with this AZ based series, I think a couple of the fun parts are....

- Poker Run Pre-Run on Friday afternoon's! Anyone (including locals) can participate in playing a hand for $10, or you can pre-run without playing. There were 48 vehicles playing at last weekends Poker Run - winner took $240! Most the time the UTV's are the one's having the most fun :D

- Loop racing you may think is boring, but it has many benefits, especially for newer teams or less funded teams that only have a few guys that can come out. You too can be successful with a couple buddies and a extra can of fuel!

Anyways, here is the info on the Rocky Point race :D

Facebook Link to Share::: https://www.facebook.com/notes/adra...arizona-desert-racing-associa/645433932138715

Beautiful Rocky Point Poker Run and Desert Race by Arizona Desert Racing Association Results​

Winners: Class 1 – Loren Brown ; Class 10 – Josh Beyer ; Class 12 – Mark Fish ; Class 8 – Joel Parra ; Ultra 4x4 – Jeremy Hammer ; ½ 1600 – Will Kellner ; 5/1600 – Martin Rangel ; Unlimited UTV – Tony Larabell ; Sportsman Unlimited Buggy – Kevin Brown

GILBERT, AZ MAY 8, 2013: Thunder on the Beach Shootout Desert Race in Rocky Point Mexico was an excellent 140-mile course for spectators and racers alike. “We really appreciate everyone that came over the border to enjoy one of my favorite areas in Mexico,” said Tim Jones, President of the Arizona Desert Racing Association. “We had some excellent racing on a fun track, so we are calling it another successful weekend for ADRA. I’m not saying there were a ton of racers, we would really like to see the car counts increase, but we also understand that it takes time to show everyone that we are here to provide an affordable loop style of desert racing in Arizona and of course Rocky Point.”

The Arizona Desert Racing Association weekend started out on Friday with a 20 mile poker run where racers got to pre-run the course in a fun atmosphere and locals got to participate in the action as well. With 48 vehicles on the course, the winner of the Poker Run was Ryan McCoskey who took home $240 or 2820 Pesos!

The Friday night Drivers Meeting and Party was held at Playa Bonita Restaurant Terrace, with the ocean crashing as the backdrop. It was a beautiful night to kick off a race weekend.

Saturday morning’s race was 100 miles, or 5 laps of the Rocky Point desert terrain. First place in the 5-1600 Buggies was Martin Rangel and second was Terri Ross. Sportsman Buggy Unlimited winner was Kevin Brown and second was Keith Hughes. The winner of the UTV Class was Tony Larabell, second was Paul Cummins and third was Donnie Zipf.

Saturday afternoon’s race was 140 miles, or 6 laps of the course. The pro class included Loren Brown winning Class 1 with Armando Bravo in second, Randy Blume in third and Bryon Seed in fourth. Class 10 winner Josh Beyer was a close 5 minutes ahead of Dave Carlson in second. Class 12 Mark Fisk was the only finisher. In the ½-1600 Buggies class Will Kellner won with Brian McKee just 43 seconds behind him in second. Bruce Johnston took third and Brent McKee took fourth. Class 8 Truck winner Joel Parra won by a full lap on Ryan McCoskey who took second and Javier Pacheco who took third. Ultra 4x4 Jeremy Hammer was the only one to complete all 6 laps in his class with Mark Mason having early issues. ADRA uses a Grand Prix finish to determine the winners in each class, otherwise known as the driver with the most laps completed within their class.

“Just like all of our races, this was a fun, yet challenging race course for drivers. We welcome all levels of drivers and have positioned our series for new racers to get their feet wet in the morning classes and the big boys to come out and make some dust in the afternoon class, all at a reasonable and affordable entry fees,” said Tim Jones. You can learn more about this series at www.ArizonaDesertRacing.com. The final race of 2013 will be Saturday October 19th outside Congress, AZ.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000