All Drop31/Mecca riders beware!!! We're losing another one!

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I just got off the phone with the proprietor of the North Glamis KOA. I was asking about their closing date of May 1st and just happened to mention Drop 31.

He informed me that the Riverside Police Department and the BLM are putting together a task force which will begin to write tickets to anyone on the canal or on private property.

It turns out that there are numerous folks who didn't know they owned property in the area and the Sheriffs department has contacted them and received their permission to post no trespassing signs. Where we have been riding, you will now find sporadic areas that will suddenly have a no trespassing sign and they will be writing tickets.

This is an absolute travesty of justice and waste of taxpayers dollars. They can't even keep the damn roads and highways safe, and their going to go gallivanting around the desert and police us?

This, ladies and gentlemen, takes the cake.

The Marines gobble up Johnson Valley, the Riverside County Sheriff is now constraining and virtually making our second largest riding area un-navigatable (if that's even a word, but you get the drift).

I'm just getting madder by the minute. This is not going to stop until we file a class action lawsuit against all parties to includes law enforcement and the tree huggers, to stop squandering our tax dollars. These laws and policies cannot be a unilateral action and must be voted on by the public. These are our lands, not theirs to do with as they wish.

If this doesn't make your blood boil, what happens when Glamis goes the way of Pismo Beach and Oceana Dunes?

If we as a community do not act NOW!!!! we are going to be idling in our driveways with no place to ride.

This has got to STOP!!!

This is utter insanity and an out of control rouge group of individuals trying to propagate their opinions down our throats and telling us we'd better like it. I say go to HELL, and I will fight with my last dying breath to keep these myopic idiots and bully's from infringing upon my right to enjoy OUR, not their, public lands.

I think is time we started kicking some butt with this effort, and not waste another moment.

How about a protest ride to the Sheriff's office down main street in Riverside? It's time to stop pounding keyboards and be seen and heard. We have to start being creative and find other ways of protesting this.

We need the news media to start publishing and airing this. We need to show them we aren't the bunch of deranged idiots the tree huggers keep portraying us as. We are families, good honest hard working Americans who pay their taxes and are a force to be reckoned with.

O.k. soap box stored, but we'd better get it right, or it's gonna' be boring sitting on the back porch reminiscing about the days we used to be able to ride the wind, surf and sand.:mad:

Madder than a Mother F'er,

Dan...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

brevndeb

Your Mom
May 5, 2010
Beaumont CA-B-Town
I agree with you Dan 100%.... Riverside county sucks they hate offroading and freedom. And it gets worse every year!It would be a shot in the dark but we need to contact the Palm Springs BLM office and let them know about the canal road because if you go on their site for the Bradshaw trail they tell you to use that section of Canal road to access Bradshaw trail.

Also Dan keep in mind that Cal (owner of the KOA.) I have talked to him in the past two years and he has always told me that you cant camp at drop 31 at all. Which is not true at all, and I think he try's to scare people into camping at his camp ground. But I also know for a fact that riverside county has that offroad task force and they can be Very nasty!

Cisco Kid

Puro Corazon - UTVUnderground La Famila
Apr 17, 2009
All the Leos from BP, CHP, Sherrif, BLM, Police and anyone that thinks he has power have been out at Drop 31 doing just that for year now we just keep on rideing and they go away ;-)

4 years ago they had a trailer full of Quad like 20 or 25 of them and all types of Leos where out, they stop at our camp and just park, it was funny no one got up from our to camp to meet them and know Leo got off the Quad.

They have put some signs but I guees they come and remove them. One ride you see them and next ride you don't.

The Trails are mark and the County of Riverside has an aggrement with the CVWD to use the canal road to access Drop 31.

As long as we stay on the trails we are OK.

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
O.k. you gents are making me feel a little better. I agree, we have to take a stand. Anything worth having is always a struggle because it is desirable to have, and someone else wants it too.

I will flavor the KOA input with a big grain of salt, thanks Brev. I hadn't expected the "don't stay there, stay here" angle, but that makes total sense.

Cal did say that this was a "new", as in next riding season, task force. I'm going to take my chances and will most certainly fight the ticket.

I've also become a little more brazen, I'm a big chicken when it comes to the law (long story for another time), so I don't push it. I've been venturing out in my neighborhood at differing times and riding the Mojave riverbed.

We can get to anywhere up Coxy Truck or Silverwood from my house and I'm tired of trucking my RZR 20 minutes just to ride when I can ride it there from my backyard! I know it's only a matter of time before they tag me, but until then they can F'off.

At $5 a gallon, I'll be more than glad to go wherever they want, if they're buying the gas.:D

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Dan,....I love you man!! Ef all those commie bastard**!!!

dkiewicz

Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Yep, did that, and continue to do that. I still haven't received a response from my letter to Congressman Lewis yet, so I'm really interested to see if I get a form letter, a personalized reply or a phone call. I'm not going to hold my breath, but hey, ya' never know, huh?

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Yep, did that, and continue to do that. I still haven't received a response from my letter to Congressman Lewis yet, so I'm really interested to see if I get a form letter, a personalized reply or a phone call. I'm not going to hold my breath, but hey, ya' never know, huh?
Lewis is already a co-sponsor . . . Bill Summary & Status - 112th Congress (2011 - 2012) - H.R.1581 - Cosponsors - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

I am sure you will get a response! I have seen many and posted one that was sent to me, apparently I didn't get it up on this forum.

I haven't heard crap from mine even though I sent three different personalized form letters, so I sent a totally personalized email spanking directly to his local office and followed it up with a phone call.

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
RINO as real Republicans don't close trails or land! Period! Let them know they won't be supported! ;)
I got a little more graphic in my phone call but here's what I sent his lame ass . . .

"Honorable Congressman XXXXXX:

I am writing today to ask you why you are not yet a co-sponsor of H.R. 1581: the Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011?

As you may be aware, the bill is sponsored by Rep. Kevin McCarthy [R-CA-22]. Its intent is to release nearly 43 million acres of Public Lands from de-facto “Wilderness†designation. These lands have been determined to be unsuitable for such a designation and must be returned to multiple-use sustained yield status for the Public.

The bill also seeks to invalidate the Department of the Interior Secretary’s Order 3310 which provides for the creation of “Wild Land†areas on BLM land that are indistinguishable from “Wilderness†designated areas except that via SO 3310, they by-pass Congressional scrutiny, Congress’ blessing and hence we the people.

Some of these lands have been locked away from multiple-use by the Public for over two decades though they were long ago deemed as unsuitable for “Wilderness†designation, this is a complete failure of OUR Government and an unforgivable disservice to all Americans.

Thank you for recognizing and supporting the important role that multiple-use public access and recreation plays in the lives of American families on our great nation’s National Forest and BLM land.

The Forest Service and BLM have lost touch with the intent of the Multiple-Use Sustained Yield Act of 1960 and the National Forest Management Act flawed as they may have been, instead adopting a policy of preserving the land from the people not for the people.

I generally applaud you and your colleague’s efforts to support the important recreational opportunities of we the people and look forward to a new era of USFS and BLM public land management under your continued oversight.

Lastly, I would be remiss in not congratulating you on having been named Chairman of the Committee on House Administration for the 112th Congress.

I am eager to see the committee bring a more efficient, responsible government back to the people.

I look forward to finding you as a co-sponsor of H.R. 1581 in the near future!

Sincerely,

My Crap Went Here"

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Damn Bob, Let him have it! I like your rhetorical way of saying do your job, beautiful!
Thank you! Obviously, I had no expectation of a reply to my direct question but wanted to throw down the challenge and hopefully make somebody chew on it a bit. By tossing in a few bones, letters like this sometimes actually are read by those they were intended for. If nothing else, it is something a high school or college staffer usually has to run past someone senior to them for help figuring out which "canned reply" to respond with.

:rolleyes: :D

ageekwithajeep

UTVUnderground La-Familia
Oct 13, 2010
Spokane Wa
wonder if the checkered board is going to grow?

that place is owned by more people then it takes to get stuff done in the gov

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000