ALL LAND-USE DECISIONS ARE POLITICAL DECISIONS

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Hey folks! I just wanted to swing by and remind you about all the OHV friendly legislation approved by the House and long ago handed off to the Senate for a vote, where it sits rotting.

There is a Political Action Committee (TPAC), the only Pro-Access “PAC†in the Nation, who wants to stop the madness.

They want to end the dead lock on access to OUR public lands by removing the bums in office with your help in the voting booth.

The TrailPAC

"The Trail Political Action Committee (TPAC) was founded as the first national non-partisan political action committee dedicated solely to championing responsible off-highway vehicle recreation on designated roads, trails, and areas on public lands through the electoral and legislative processes.
The TPAC tactical goal is to target key races using state-of-the art real-time analysis where there is a tough election and the pro-access candidate needs some extra support to help to defeat their opponent.
TPAC is needed to counter the anti-access special interests in Washington DC who have long ago figured that contributing to closure-oriented politicians is how they will accomplish their goal of restricting OHV access on federal lands.
TPAC is ready to stand in that political breach to stop the flow of anti-access politicians into the Capital. TPAC will work hard to reverse that trend so that pro-access legislators will exist as the majority in Congress and the White House."

Monday, July 30,2012

Trail Hero Congressman Wally Herger’s Message to Access Voters

“Dear Trail Voter,

Public land recreationists have a lot at stake in the 2012 election. Your participation in this political process is critical. We must elect a pro-access majority to the U.S. Senate and maintain and grow our majority in the House of Representatives.

During my service in Congress, I have fought hard to protect and enhance multiple-use recreation on federal lands. House members have introduced and passed legislation that defends trail use and stops the aggressive use by EPA and other government agencies of politically motivated-regulations to restrict our access to Forest Service and BLM lands.

Unfortunately, the leadership in the U.S. Senate is blocking all access and regulatory reform and oversight efforts in that body. America needs to vote in senate candidates who will champion responsible use of our public lands.

I believe that you can make a difference in this critical election. That is why I am asking you to join me in support of the Trail PAC's effort to elect pro-trail candidates to the U.S. Senate and grow the House majority.

By working together we can take on the powerful radical environmental lobby to ensure continued access to our public lands for responsible trail-based recreationists and their families.

Sincerely,

Wally Herger
U.S. Representativeâ€

Like all other Political Action Committees, TPAC needs donations to assist pro-access candidates in their bid for office.

If you’d like to learn more about TPAC, find out about key races Nationally or make a small contribution to the effort go here: http://www.thetrailpac.com/

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Hey folks! I just wanted to swing by and remind you about all the OHV friendly legislation approved by the House and long ago handed off to the Senate for a vote, where it sits rotting.

There is a Political Action Committee (TPAC), the only Pro-Access “PAC” in the Nation, who wants to stop the madness.

They want to end the dead lock on access to OUR public lands by removing the bums in office with your help in the voting booth.

The TrailPAC

"The Trail Political Action Committee (TPAC) was founded as the first national non-partisan political action committee dedicated solely to championing responsible off-highway vehicle recreation on designated roads, trails, and areas on public lands through the electoral and legislative processes.
The TPAC tactical goal is to target key races using state-of-the art real-time analysis where there is a tough election and the pro-access candidate needs some extra support to help to defeat their opponent.
TPAC is needed to counter the anti-access special interests in Washington DC who have long ago figured that contributing to closure-oriented politicians is how they will accomplish their goal of restricting OHV access on federal lands.
TPAC is ready to stand in that political breach to stop the flow of anti-access politicians into the Capital. TPAC will work hard to reverse that trend so that pro-access legislators will exist as the majority in Congress and the White House."

Monday, July 30,2012

Trail Hero Congressman Wally Herger’s Message to Access Voters

“Dear Trail Voter,

Public land recreationists have a lot at stake in the 2012 election. Your participation in this political process is critical. We must elect a pro-access majority to the U.S. Senate and maintain and grow our majority in the House of Representatives.

During my service in Congress, I have fought hard to protect and enhance multiple-use recreation on federal lands. House members have introduced and passed legislation that defends trail use and stops the aggressive use by EPA and other government agencies of politically motivated-regulations to restrict our access to Forest Service and BLM lands.

Unfortunately, the leadership in the U.S. Senate is blocking all access and regulatory reform and oversight efforts in that body. America needs to vote in senate candidates who will champion responsible use of our public lands.

I believe that you can make a difference in this critical election. That is why I am asking you to join me in support of the Trail PAC's effort to elect pro-trail candidates to the U.S. Senate and grow the House majority.

By working together we can take on the powerful radical environmental lobby to ensure continued access to our public lands for responsible trail-based recreationists and their families.

Sincerely,

Wally Herger
U.S. Representative”

Like all other Political Action Committees, TPAC needs donations to assist pro-access candidates in their bid for office.

If you’d like to learn more about TPAC, find out about key races Nationally or make a small contribution to the effort go here: http://www.thetrailpac.com/

Bob,

We need a list of names of those who support this. We need voting records for each as well if they are currently active in congress or at the state level. How do we amass this info?

Thanks...

Dan ...

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
Bob,

We need a list of names of those who support this. We need voting records for each as well if they are currently active in congress or at the state level. How do we amass this info?

Thanks...

Dan ...
Dan,

Thank you for caring enough to respond with a desire for more information!!

I spoke with the folks who are trying to get this whole fiasco turned around in our favor.

Unfortunately, creating voter guides takes money! They currently only have enough funding to research, support and to donate to key trail candidates.

They asked me to let everyone who believes change needs to come via the political machine know that help is required to build TPAC into a multiservice PAC, that level of engagement takes more money than is now available.

While being very effective working with what they have, they need more people who believe it is time for a change to help via contributions.

If you haven't already, subscribe to their mailing list to get important updates on key election battles as we approach November 6, 2012.

Thanks again!

Bob

Last edited:

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
A Special THANK YOU to our Trail Heroes and Trail Champions

1st Targeted House Race Announcement on August 7

Dear Trail User,

TPAC wants to thank all those Heroes, Champions, and others who helped make our "Be a Trail Hero" fundraiser a huge success. Besides the donations,TPAC got a lot of emails from riders new to OHV politics who want to become part of the solution. Below is the final list of Heros and Champions in this fund raising event.

Trail Heroes ($200 or more)

Mike - San Ramon, CA - $500

Roger - Graham, WA - $300

Chris - San Carlos, CA - $250

Kane - Soquel, CA - $250

Leon - Eureka, CA - $250

Jerry - Oakdale, CA - $250

Art - Redding, CA - $250

Ole - Danville, CA - $250

Rick - Los Gatos, CA - $210

Rob - Fairfield, CA - $200

Dave - Pioneer, CA - $200

T - Petaluma, CA - $200

John - Lakeside, CA - $200

John - Gilroy, CA - $200

Trail Champions ( $100 - $199)[/B]

Julian - Houston, TX - $150

Rick - Walnut Creek, CA - $100

Randy - Sheboygen, WI - $100

Mr. Bill - Granada Hills, CA - $100

Richard - Minneapolis, MN - $100

William - Cotati, CA - $100

Thanks also to all those who have made donations under $100 dollars! Those are important too. Your support has helped prime the pumps at TPAC!

We will be making a major announcement on Tuesday about our 1st officially targeted key House race where you have a pro-trail candidate being specifically targeted for defeat by a far-left environmental PAC. That race is neck and neck right now so our support will make a difference.

DONATE HERE TO SUPPORT 10-20 TARGETED HOUSE RACES . . . http://www.thetrailpac.com/donate.html

Thanks for your continued support!

Don Amador

The Trail PAC

www.thetrailpac.com

The Lyin King

Public Lands Advocate
Feb 7, 2009
I believe that a great way to win the access war is to get rid of anti-access Politicians and emulate some of the adversaries tactics, hence a PAC is long overdue and worthy of supporting IMHO!

Unlike litigious attacks that call for donations but quickly go â€black†when the “Plaintiffs†enter into them, there is on-going accountability and transparency with TPAC as governed by laws dealing with PACs. I can see what my donations are doing real time and I like that!!

I also like the fact that TPAC, the ONLY PAC out there fighting BIG GREEN, with assistance from we informed trail voters, can make a mark and produce results in every Election cycle, instead of over multiple years or decades that lawsuits take, often yielding mixed results.

The House, for enactment by the Senate, has passed a bunch of pro-access legislation via the voice and votes of we the people over the past few years, yet it has sat rotting in the hands of the Senate.

Get rid of the bums in Politics who are anti-access and we’ll move pro-access legislation forward.

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000