Any Air Conditioning guys Here - need help quick

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
we're at the new house. Had a new thermostat put in while we were gone. Now no AC.

It's 95 inside. Anyone on here know about this stuff?

jim
619-917-9043

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Hi Jim just the basics check the fuse and you can take the cover off the furnace and check to make sure the wires are correct on the thermostat maybe the wiring is not correct on thermostat

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Since it worked last time we were here I figure it's the new thermostat but the wires look good. The fan runs but the outside unit will only come on for about a minute then shut off.

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Sorry I know the basics. You may want to try to go online and go to the manufacture page and see if there are troubleshooting steps may be something easy to fix

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
The only other thing I can think of on my unit I have a device that the condensation drips into and than it gets pumped pit after it fills up I did have a issue awhile ago where it was not pushing the water out so it would turn off the a-c unit

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Condensing Unit Runs for a Few Minutes and then Stops Before House is Cooled
If you have checked power to the condensing unit (flipped circuits & checked fuses) and unit still does not run you may be locked out on a high pressure limit. This can be caused by several things but one thing that can cause this is a dirty or clogged condenser coil. Turn the circuit breaker to the condensing unit off then take a broom and brush as much dirt, grass and leaves as you can from the coil. Then take a water hose and wash off the coil. This not only cleans the coil but lowers the temperature of the coil so the high pressure switch reconnects the circuit. After cleaning the condenser coil turn the circuit breaker to the unit back on. Then go to the thermostat and turn to off and then back to cooling. If the problem is high pressure then your unit should start running again.

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
Ok, I got it !!!

We had one of the fancy new WiFi programmable thermostats installed while we were away. After doing some reading I found that the installer didn't set the system type correctly.

It's now a brisk 91 deg in the house down from 99.

Time to put on a jacket and grab a cup of hot coco.

Thanks for all the help guys :cool:

RZRluvr

La Familia Baby!
Feb 21, 2011
Anaheim,CA
Awesome baby! I would like it to be around 78 by the time I roll in on Saturday morning:D I knew you would figure it out:D Love ya

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I thought maybe some birds or mice had nested in the coil. Good deal, glad you made it work!

99 deg in a house is no bueno. Have fun!:)

Dec 14, 2011
Temecula
i was going to say the capacitor in the outside coil unit because of the way it was coming on and going off thats what happend to mine last summer was a 35.00$ part and back in biz!

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
i was going to say the capacitor in the outside coil unit because of the way it was coming on and going off thats what happend to mine last summer was a 35.00$ part and back in biz!
Same thing just happened to me last week. Easy fix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
my father in law had a new one installed, it went dead. aa batteries that came with it were doa in the box. i told him to check, but he cant see well, and lives in vegas. he ended up payng a tech $85.00 to replace AA batteries :eek:

glad you got yours running. its gonna be hot this week. you going to SXS regrand opening sat?

JimandMelissa

UTVUndeground La Familia
Oct 4, 2010
my father in law had a new one installed, it went dead. aa batteries that came with it were doa in the box. i told him to check, but he cant see well, and lives in vegas. he ended up payng a tech $85.00 to replace AA batteries :eek:

glad you got yours running. its gonna be hot this week. you going to SXS regrand opening sat?
Thanks

Really wanted to go but we have too much to do on the new house in OW and it's 140 miles from there or 120 from here in SD. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000