Anyone Interested in racing SNORE?

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
I contacted SNORE and they would like to have us racing with them. Are any of you interested in racing this series? It would only be worth it if we have enough UTV's to call it a race. Let me know what you think and I can get the ball rolling.

HDRA1

old buggy dork - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 3, 2010
Las Vegas nv
well if you have not been to a snore race it is run by racers for racers i am on the board of directors

one of the best things about snore is the cost of the races the utv community would be looking at roughly 480.00 per entry the payback is very good

at the races there is hardly travel time to the races plenty of hotels and camping at events the only one that is tight is the caliente race and if you raced the silver state 300 you have been through the town it is small but they do open up the whole place to us

if you guys have any questions please ask away and see what i can do for ya

Reactions: 1 person

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
From the looks of the site, it seems like you could run both the best in the desert series and SNORE. Gets a little tight around a couple of the races as far as prep is concerned. Does snore require tracking? I do like the lower entry fees! I wonder if the same transponder will work with both series.

rockstarcustomz

Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
I thought so too Mike. I looked at both series also. What ever Lucas doesn't answer for us I will take to Robert Gross and get them answered. He said he will need a rep from our class to sit in on some meetings. I think Eric and I could do it, but if anyone else is interested let me know. They are having a meeting next Tuesday and have invited us (the UTV racer community) to come. We need to provide them with class rules and how many we think might be interested in racing. He would like for us to get it together so that we can race the Rage on the River in Dec. He said it's a really fun race.

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
let me know what happens, i would like to race this december and if all goes good count me in for next year

HDRA1

old buggy dork - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 3, 2010
Las Vegas nv
hanks joey for the welcome

and with SNORE it is the same timing transponder as BITD as for tracking it is NOT required in SNORE the only race that costs more is the MINT 400 i think it is $920.00 for that one due to land costs and running the whole race.

so it is still cheaper the contengecy program is one of the best out there the races are not the early rise except the Mint 400

like right now the next race first overall will win 10k so the racers get the money back that what SNORE has always been about

and yes a rep does help things at the meetings robert is real easy to deal with as is the rest of the board there are a few old timers that are grumpy but it is something that can be done

twardca

Mar 23, 2010
I would also be interested in racing this series. I have been planning to race BITD but this series would save a lot of money. I wonder how they would start the UTV class? Would they be early AM before the trucks or would we be at the end?

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I would be interested, but only for select races. I have the same questions as Lasher and others. Where do we race relative to the TT's, tracker, etc.

Not to totally hijack this thread, but what about a SxS championship with the best (SxS friendly) races from BITD, SCORE, and now SNORE. Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

Xmotorcr

Dysfunctional Racing - UTVUnderground Team Driver
May 17, 2009
www.dysfunctionalracing.com
not to hijack the thread but where does BITD run the single seat Redline Revolts? if possible i would really be interested in racing with SNORE since i cant afford BITD. thanks

rockstarcustomz

Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
You would probably have to run sportsman class in BITD with the Redline. Doing a UTV Championship series would be cool, but the problem lies in getting sponsors to support it. At any rate, I am going to get some paperwork together and try to get to the meeting on Tuesday to discuss our class with SNORE. Thank you for all your comments!

JLeeper

J-Leep - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 9, 2009
Any possibility of a SR1 type class, or would I be lumped in with sportsman? Maybe with the lower entry there might be other SR1 entries.

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
I'd like to see the rules for the SNORE series be very similar to BITD for the Pro UTV Class and hopefully they can use the same numbering system too. Also a good question is who is going to tech the cars? Would it be their tech inspector or do we have to have our own tech like in BITD. Contingency in SNORE would be nice too, if we get this done soon enough it would give their contingency director enough time to include our class for next year.

I can't make it to the meeting on Tuesday, but if i can help you get ready let me know!

rockstarcustomz

Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Mike, Eric and I were thinking the same thing. We would like to incorporate the BITD rules also. They asked me how we wanted to be tech and inspected. He said they can do it or we can have someone do it. I think it would be okay to have them do it. They say they have the best contingency out there so I am very excited. I will be in touch, Mike, cause I could certainly use your help!

rockstarcustomz

Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Any possibility of a SR1 type class, or would I be lumped in with sportsman? Maybe with the lower entry there might be other SR1 entries.
We would like to follow the same classes that BITD does, therefor letting you race in the sportsman or SR1 class. However, this series is racers for racers so everyone's input will be factored into the decision making. We definitely want you to come and race. The more we have the more fun we have!

howyadoin

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Aug 24, 2010
Hell, AZ
not to hijack the thread but where does BITD run the single seat Redline Revolts? if possible i would really be interested in racing with SNORE since i cant afford BITD. thanks
Single seat would have to run sportsmen...2 seat can run UTV Pro.

bajaleo

Apr 11, 2010
hanks joey for the welcome

and with SNORE it is the same timing transponder as BITD as for tracking it is NOT required in SNORE the only race that costs more is the MINT 400 i think it is $920.00 for that one due to land costs and running the whole race.

so it is still cheaper the contengecy program is one of the best out there the races are not the early rise except the Mint 400

like right now the next race first overall will win 10k so the racers get the money back that what SNORE has always been about

and yes a rep does help things at the meetings robert is real easy to deal with as is the rest of the board there are a few old timers that are grumpy but it is something that can be done

I've been in SNORE since birth and would love to come race my rhino back in my old stomping grounds. If Lucas says he can get this done he can do it. Planning on running a full Texas series next year but I'm in.
Lenny James!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000