Arctic Cat Desert race car purchase program now on ACs website.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
I thought about this too and I agree. UTV racing is blowing up in Australia ( ask the Wellers ) and RG is a big deal over there. And he's a master marketer at all things RG. I kind of chuckle when guys say he will never will sell 1000 units. He will have no issues selling his cars over there if he chooses to. Those guys seem to follow what ever is winning over here in other classes so a good showing for the speedcat at the 500 or the 1000 later on will sell alot of cars.
Two things...... selling a thousand units over an indefinite period of time would not quality as a production car by any reasonable persons definition. 50-100 per year its not available to the average joe. Second, a good showing at the 500 or the 1000 is yet to be seen. I think a good showing at UTVWC would have been easier. So much has been talked about the car but no discussion why RG can't win a race in it.

Rynomx785

Jun 21, 2015
Wickenburg, AZ
So I spoke with one of the three Speed Cat dealers yesterday afternoon. They told me that at this time they have no info other than the link to the Speed Cat website. I asked how much they are selling for and they said they are not to sure at this point and it should be between 60k to 100k. They said in order to become a dealer they had to order three cars and then another two cars later on in the year.

This is not a production car!!!
The elephant in the room that's being ignored ^^^

Reactions: 450grl

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Two things...... selling a thousand units over an indefinite period of time would not quality as a production car by any reasonable persons definition. 50-100 per year its not available to the average joe. Second, a good showing at the 500 or the 1000 is yet to be seen. I think a good showing at UTVWC would have been easier. So much has been talked about the car but no discussion why RG can't win a race in it.
Haha, now whe have to define the average Joe. Is that someone who can afford to finance a new Rzr or a 100k Jimco build?
The fact that the Turbo car is only 6 months old with limited race time and hasn't finished a race is why it cant win.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
And besides. The debate we are having has nothing to do with if the XX is or isnt out yet. Our debate is that Robbie is selling the speedcat built out of his shop to the racers through a dealer network and wether this should or shouldnt qualify as a production car. I say absolutely. Anyone can buy one through the dealer network And the cars are built with a vin using the same parts. Motor , trans and all. Other say becease they have not produced 1,000 of the speedcats it cant be considered a production car.
Wrong I am not debating if robby will produce 1000 units I could care less. The debate is the speedcat is not and still to this day not based off anything production from Arcticat or Textron. Arcticat doesn't have a turbo anything in any sidexside, maybe in 2018 but nothing in 2017 yes or no. Arcticat doesn't have a chassis anything based or even close to speedcat anywere you look maybe in 2018 but nothing for 2017 yes or no. So how can you say the speedcat is a production UTV.
When jagged x made there race version 4 seater into 2 seater the complete utv could be bought from Polaris and guess what from any Polaris dealer. Then jagged x would take rzr and turn into BITD race utv. Robby made up a frame/motor/transmission/trailing arms/ steering/any pick up point/wheel base and length/ and then put a turbo on it and said it was in production and should be able to pro turbo production.

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Lighten up Francis, I wasn't being a smart ass, I was just telling you they are coming despite what your dealer is saying. Also I never said they belonged in the production class, however since they were deemed legal, I would race one given the opportunity.
I would race 1 too they are pretty cool. I do believe robby is on to a good thing but he just broke the utvra/bitd and all there rules for his benefit not for the sport buy getting into turbo class. He just made it easier for any big money guy to make his own race utv and say they are into production plain and simple.

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Wrong I am not debating if robby will produce 1000 units I could care less. The debate is the speedcat is not and still to this day not based off anything production from Arcticat or Textron. Arcticat doesn't have a turbo anything in any sidexside, maybe in 2018 but nothing in 2017 yes or no. Arcticat doesn't have a chassis anything based or even close to speedcat anywere you look maybe in 2018 but nothing for 2017 yes or no. So how can you say the speedcat is a production UTV.
When jagged x made there race version 4 seater into 2 seater the complete utv could be bought from Polaris and guess what from any Polaris dealer. Then jagged x would take rzr and turn into BITD race utv. Robby made up a frame/motor/transmission/trailing arms/ steering/any pick up point/wheel base and length/ and then put a turbo on it and said it was in production and should be able to pro turbo production.
If Robby produces a 1000 of them then it makes no difference what Arctic Cat does. Since Robby is designing and developing the new XX the Speed Cat is based off of the production unit, although apparently according to another poster, the Speed cat is longer then the production unit. Yes its not available yet, so the 1000 units is a legitimate argument.

I think you are misunderstanding Bluediamonds argument that since anyone can purchase it from a dealer network he thinks it should be legal. Who knows, if the price was right, it might be better for the average Joe.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Yes thank you Tatum. Neither SS or Wayne are catching my point. I'll say it again. Completely forget there is any talk of a new model from Cat coming down the pipeline. Even better, pretend AC as a company doesnt even exist for the sake of this argument.. Robby going into business through Robby Gordon Off road , building , marketing and selling race cars , designed and built by some of the most brilliant and talented dudes in racing , and being sold through a dealer network with each car being identicle ,. including vin numbers absolutely can and should be considered a production class car. And yes , this would be a huge benefit to the little guy. Your taking any guess work or builder bullshit completely out of building the car. Its more than likley going to be less expensive than a RMR , Jimco , LSR , Fabwerx, Magnum Off Road or Holz built car. ( Wayne is right I dont know the price but at the dealer show 85k kept being mentioned by more than a few people ) and you would be able to pull out of the dealership lot and take it straight to the track. There is no way on gods green earth that this cannot be considered a production car by any reasonably thinking person.

Last edited:

zambo

Nov 13, 2016
Geez, Geiser brothers produces cars too, complete with Chevy engines, Chevy transmissions, Chevy headlights etc. but it ain't a Chevy. Nor is it a Geiser "production" car even though they've made a hundred of them. When RG produces 1000 of these things in a year then welcome to the production classes I say.

Reactions: Glamisfan

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I bet if Geiser bros was doing all the design and development for a new Rzr and was going to sell a production race car a lot of people would be very interested.

zambo

Nov 13, 2016
Are you saying the pushback is due to Robby himself rather than the actual concept? Hell I like Robby a lot, he's helped me out several times with cars or trucks I was racing. The same rule would apply to Geiser's if they built a UTV....1000 units. Hell when the x3 came out there was an immediate recall due to a steering rack issue that affected almost 2500 cars, just a few months worth of production. 1000 units is a very low number to hit for any real production car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tatum

Feb 10, 2009
arizona
No I'm not saying that, although atleast on person on here was complaining because Larry Roeseler was going to race a UTV at the World Championships. Bluediamond got me thinking about the " production race utv" concept and how it might be good. 1000 units isnt a lot but it is for a racecar. Of the X3 you mentioned only a small percentage become race cars. If some of these top builders could buy drive trains direct maybe you could save money on a real race build? What if a Speedcat was only 75k if you left out some of the exotic parts like carbon fiber wouldn't that be a pretty good deal? Since its a can of worms thats already been opened I think its at least enjoyable to talk about. The way LSR pumps out race cars they could probably do quite a few.

Reactions: bluediamond

the stripping shop

Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Yes thank you Tatum. Neither SS or Wayne are catching my point. I'll say it again. Completely forget there is any talk of a new model from Cat coming down the pipeline. Even better, pretend AC as a company doesnt even exist for the sake of this argument.. Robby going into business through Robby Gordon Off road , building , marketing and selling race cars , designed and built by some of the most brilliant and talented dudes in racing , and being sold through a dealer network with each car being identicle ,. including vin numbers absolutely can and should be considered a production class car. And yes , this would be a huge benefit to the little guy. Your taking any guess work or builder bullshit completely out of building the car. Its more than likley going to be less expensive than a RMR , Jimco , LSR , Fabwerx, Magnum Off Road or Holz built car. ( Wayne is right I dont know the price but at the dealer show 85k kept being mentioned by more than a few people ) and you would be able to pull out of the dealership lot and take it straight to the track. There is no way on gods green earth that this cannot be considered a production car by any reasonably thinking person.
So what your saying robby is wishing he gets a 1000 sales. If he makes a product line to produce a 1000 units the sales doesn't matter right.That is my point there is nobody as of right now going to produce robby utv. Everyone is wishing for 1000 sales.As of right now I could race a class10 in utv pro production turbo class according to robby and anybody that agrees to this. Polaris production line produced an ecotech in slingshot does it make it legal according to robby.

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
So my local dealer has one of the race cars in their showroom. They said Robbie told him he wants 102,000 bucks for it I was able to put a tape measure on it and it looks like the wheelbase is 108 3/4".

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Such a good looking car. I had heard the model at Coyne had already sold as well. Super excited for the na version to be released this fall.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
It won't be long and you can by a Score Legal race ready Can Am for around 70k.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000