ATTN AZ short course racers

silvy423

Apr 26, 2011
It goes without saying that to own a short course race car in Arizona sucks anymore! This is just rediculios with no races or even practice. Is the any reason why these Moto X tracks wouldn't want to make some money and hold some races like the "dirt series" in Cali? No need to reinvent the wheel, just look at the fun they are having just one state away.

I know Mark Brooks the owner at Motoland MX loves money so why not. The owner at MotoGrande said he is willing to talk it over. What about ACP, Canyon, ET, Pima???

I for one am more then willing to do some leg work here to get things going!

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I love the Speedworld MX track but it was to narrow to pass on just like most Mx tracks.Hopefully ASCC gets more tracks lined up soon.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
et in apache junction was by far the most fun track ive ever raced a utv on.
I have nearly gone bald trying to get them to run some UTV events, practice, racing, ect..... They simply dont care. I suppose those mud bogs they run really pay the bills.....

In respect to the thread topic, theres also ZERO desert racing in AZ. Damn shame

Mar 31, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Its crazy to think about but states like Kansas, Wisconsin, and Ohio have held more short course truck races this year then Arizona has? never did I think I would have to move back to the MidWest to do some short course racing.

I did have a lengthy conversation with the owner of Canyon and he seemed very interested in building UTV track. Now we need to figure out how to push these guys over the edge and get them to fire up the machinery, push some dirt, and make some money!!

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
The problem with trying to get any of the tracks to build a UTV specific track is promising them that the numbers will be there to support their time/money/effort that would go into creating such a track.

Easier than that, I would think, would be to talk them into letting UTV's on the tracks they already have at certain times/days of the week/month. This would require very little work from them, other than having to fix the track after the UTVs had their way with it.

Coming from the QuadMX world originally, this has been an ongoing battle even with quads, simply because the numbers were never really there to make it worth a track's while to seperate quads/bikes (I never minded running with the bikes - it was fun - but the bikes complained alot about riding with quads.)

Anytime a track pulls off it's bread and butter to allow a smaller number of individuals track time, it's risky for the track as far as losing income goes. I understand this, and while it sucks....it's just how it is. There are ways to compensate for this, such as raise practice/race fees to make up for it, or schedule it at a time that is normally very slow anyways, but it has to be worth the potential loss for the track owner to even try it.

ET's Vet track was awesome in a UTV. I don't even know if that track is there anymore......I have also raced on ACP's National track in a UTV - not for the faint of heart, but really challenging and fun! Speedworld was always a good time - and they were the most open to UTV racing out of any of them....unfortunately, it's just not an option anymore.

This is just a slump for AZ short-course racers. I think that Dan (hope, anyway) will find another piece of land to build on. I also think that we will get Firebird back pretty soon. For this time being, we are traveling to the CA races to get race/seat time in our SR1's, and now we have Yuma for the first time! this is Arizona, so I can't see us being without SOME tracks here for very long.....I think it will just take some patience, and maybe some sweet talking to some current MX tracks to see if you guys can get on their MX tracks for some laps once in a while.

silvy423

Apr 26, 2011
Good News! Next Sunday 6/9/2013 ACP will allow UTV on the track from 6am-11am $35
We have a decent group going!

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Good News! Next Sunday 6/9/2013 ACP will allow UTV on the track from 6am-11am $35
We have a decent group going!
I understand they have a lot of land down there and are entertaining the idea of building a desert loop?

silvy423

Apr 26, 2011
http://arizonacyclepark.com/version2/

Call on requirements, just helmet and some sensable clothes. No suit. This is a practice session on the vet track. I know it's MX, but it's on a very tame track. It prepped and it's a reason to go beat the shit out of your car you have been working so hard on! See you there, as of now we have 5 cars going. Some guys are just stopping on the way back from the Yuma race.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000