Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Baja Designs

Official UTVUnderground Lighting Sponsor
Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Need lights for the daily driver or sports car? Canyon cutting or road racing, the Baja Designs Rally Innovations Fog Pocket Kit has your back. This kit will give you the driving assurance you're looking that stock fog lights cant provide. Rally Innovations design allows the user to mount these lights in the stock fog pocket location while maintaining a clean factory look.

Rally Innovations - Fog Pocket Kit (Sport or Pro)

We've teamed up with Rally Innovations to provide great Plug and Play, Fog Pocket Kits for the following cars:

• SUBARU IMPREZA 2012, 2014, 2015
• SUBARU CROSSTREK XV 2013, 2014, 2015
• SUBARU WRX/STI 2015, 2016
• FORD FOCUS ST 2013, 2014
• FORD FIESTA ST 2014, 2015
• FORD FUSION 2015, 2016
• FORD TRANSIT 2014, 2015
• FORD MUSTANG 2015, 2016

LEARN MORE

Save 10% + $5 Shipping to the Lower 48! Coupon Code: BDForums
www.bajadesigns.com

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Attention SoCal Customers!

OC Overland is hosting a Toy Drive today (December 9th) from 9AM to 1PM

VTX Wheels - 1240 S Allec St. Anaheim, CA 92805

Note from the organizers:

The 2nd Annual Toy Drive hosted by @oc_overland @socaltacomas @vtxwheels

Will be held at the VTX HQ in Anaheim.

We are collecting new, unwrapped toys for @givingchildrenhope!

Bring a toy & receive a raffle ticket for our biggest raffle EVER.

Come hungry, we will be serving sliders.

As always, our events are family friendly & all rigs are welcome.

See you all there!

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
SAE Lighting - Update

Many people have heard information from myself and others at BD regarding SAE approved lighting. We are NOT releasing these until 2019 and can only share very few details until then. Expect more information in the New Year...

- Squadron Series housing
- Lights will be sold with or without Vehicle Specific Kits
- The goal is to have the pair of lights sell for under $300
- No information at this time on adapting SAE approved lens and optics to older Squadron Series Lights

Thanks for all of the interest. More details including an expected release date will be posted in the New Year :)

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Heck yeah!!! Only problem now is I just bought some rigid sae duallys. Can’t wait to see them! Is there going to be fog and driving patterns?

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
I was cruising Facebook and saw some one made a copy of your squadrons. Ion lights.
It would be easier to compare the copies in detail if lighting manufacturers were more forthcoming as to exactly what LED is being used in any given light. End users are becoming more educated as to the latest LEDs available. They will also soon demand to have an LED which suits their individual tastes given that we all see things very differently. Fakes of these higher quality LEDs will be much easier to spot when they are revealed. I'm of the opinion that users will continue to pay more for not only overall build quality but for genuine/well specified LEDs (less the variations on any given roll)...yet only if those LEDS are someday actually identified.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
It would be easier to compare the copies in detail if lighting manufacturers were more forthcoming as to exactly what LED is being used in any given light. End users are becoming more educated as to the latest LEDs available. They will also soon demand to have an LED which suits their individual tastes given that we all see things very differently. Fakes of these higher quality LEDs will be much easier to spot when they are revealed. I'm of the opinion that users will continue to pay more for not only overall build quality but for genuine/well specified LEDs (less the variations on any given roll)...yet only if those LEDS are someday actually identified.
I agree I bought some cheap ones for a bit bu have switched over to BD and rigid. I’m sure they are very cheap copies I just saw a striking resemblance to BD which I haven’t seen anyone try to copy yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'sYourLegacy

Banned Por Vida
Mar 29, 2015
It's been a bit ironic in terms of 'us vs them' since major American manufacturer/innovator Cree out of NC built the first major US factory in China back in 2010 to expand there and license others to produce their LEDs.
Advances have come so quickly since then that a modern relatively tiny headlamp and say a handful of 18650 or 21700 size batteries in the console is sufficient in a pinch or as an accessory source.

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Baja Designs said:
SAE Lighting - Update

Many people have heard information from myself and others at BD regarding SAE approved lighting. We are NOT releasing these until 2019 and can only share very few details until then. Expect more information in the New Year...

- Squadron Series housing
- Lights will be sold with or without Vehicle Specific Kits
- The goal is to have the pair of lights sell for under $300
- No information at this time on adapting SAE approved lens and optics to older Squadron Series Lights

Thanks for all of the interest. More details including an expected release date will be posted in the New Year :)

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

UPDATE

We are still aiming for a release in the first quarter of 2019. Our ETA at this time is towards the end of February or March.

The goal is to start pre-orders at the end of this month or in February. I'll post details as we get closer to starting pre-orders.

Thanks, Everyone!

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000