Baja Designs: General Discussion Thread

Baja Designs

Official UTVUnderground Lighting Sponsor
Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com

HondaT

Jun 5, 2019
Good morning everyone! Im new to the forum, if anyone is looking for some parts and accessories for side by sides (Honda, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Yamaha) feel free to shoot me an email and let me know what your after. I do offer shipping on most items (within reason) i can get oem parts as well as aftermarket. Feel free to shoot me an email and see if i can help you out! [email protected]

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Brand new for Baja Designs is our SAE certified light. This light is based on our Squadron series. While there are many visual characteristics that stayed the same the pattern, and circuitry is optimized in order to give our SAE light a street legal punch! We’ve put this light through rigorous tests to ensure that it would be an upgrade from most LED, HID, and Halogen factory fog lights.

Squadron SAE, Pair, PRE-ORDER

These lights are also available in Vehicle Specific Kits for some of our most popular applications. Check out the following SAE approved options:

Toyota:

- 07-13 Tundra, 05-11 Tacoma | SAE Fog Pocket Kit

- 12+ Tacoma, 14+ Tundra, 10+ 4Runner | SAE Fog Pocket Kit

GM/Chevy:

- Chevy/GMC HD, Canyon/Colorado (15-19) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Ford:

- Raptor 2017-18 Fog Pocket Kit SAE "Sportsmen"

- Super Duty (17-18) /F-150 (15-18), SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Dodge/Ram:

- Ram 2500/3500 (10-18),1500 (09-12) SAE Fog Pocket Kit

Jeep:

- Jeep, Squadron-R SAE, LED JK Fog Pocket Kit

Note: This is currently a Pre-Order with the ETA being July 2019. I'll be posting updates and more details as they are available

Amber Pre-Order starting NEXT WEEK :)

Stay tuned...

Baja Designs

www.bajadesigns.com

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Here is a question we received on another forum:

.... said:
From what I am reading in this thread… this light unfortunately does not have a DOT approval, only SAE. So from a purely legal standpoint, still not street legal as it needs a DOT approval?

I would be pretty happy to be proven wrong, because I could justify something like this if I could use them on-road in addition to off-road. DOT approval basically means instant win if you ever got a fix-it ticket or some sort of violation.

From reading the link above:
“Therefore, just because a vehicle component such as a LED light is SAE approved, it does not mean it is legal to be used on public roads, all it means is that the quality of the design and construction meet the standards set by SAE, which are very high standards indeed.”

In the United States, fog lights require SAE J583 compliance in order to be used on any official roadway. Since fog lights are not mandatory on a vehicle, DOT doesn’t have a requirement for fog lights and has left this as well as many other requirements up to SAE to determine the standards. Through their expertise, Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has come up with and agreed upon a standard for all US fog lights (J583) to adhere to. These standards require the lights to meet very strict guidelines to maintain the safety of motorists. The new Baja Designs' SAE Squadron meets these strict standards and can be used legally in all 50 states as a (J583) fog light.

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com

The Squadron SAE is the first street LED offering from Baja Designs. This light retains the same form factor as the rest of our Squadron Series, but the pattern and circuitry are optimized to give our SAE Squadron a road-approved punch! We’ve put this light through rigorous tests to ensure that it would be an upgrade from common LED and Halogen factory fog lights. If you want to upgrade your daily driver with a road-legal product, the Squadron SAE line is for you.
NOTE FOR CUSTOMERS WITH EXISTING PRE-ORDERS:
If you have an existing order for White Squadron SAE lights and would like to adjust for the new Amber Squadron SAE option, please contact [email protected].​
Specifications:
Lumens: 2,480
Volts: 13.8V
Amps: 1.6 amp
Watts: 22 watts
Dimensions: 3.07" x 2.77" x 3.07"
Weight: 12 ounces
LED Life Expectancy: 49,930 Hours
Front Lens: Hard Coated Polycarbonate Housing: Hard Anodized & Powder Coated Cast Aluminum Bezel: Billet Machined Aluminum Hardware & Bracket Material: Stainless Steel Exceeds MIL-STD810G (Mil-Spec Testing) Built-In Overvoltage Protection
IP69K (Waterproof, Submersible to 9ft)
IK10 Compliant (Mechanical Impact Testing)​
Baja Designs Features:
Satisfactions Guarantee – 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Limited Lifetime Warranty – Complete Purchase Protection
ClearView® – All The Light, Right Where You Need It.
MoistureBlockTM – Waterproof, Rain Proof, Submersible
CopperDrive® – Only LED Driven At 100%
5000K Daylight – Less Driver Fatigue, Natural Color​

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Riding around with the skinny pedal planted?

OR

Camping by the lake?

What is your preference?
Hope everyone has a blast and stays safe this 4th of July

Two Tundras, we know....
If you want us to feature your ride, comment below with some pics!

We always love to see rides rocking BD lights. We don't care if it's two-wheels or four-wheels...

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Dual Sport Line To Be Discontinued August 1st

After more than 25 years of producing the light that started it all, Baja Designs is discontinuing their line of Dual Sport Kits. Orders for new Dual Sport Kits will be accepted until August 1, 2019; after which Baja Designs will continue to support the product line while components are available, with an anticipated total phase out by Q1 of 2020*. Baja Designs will continue to produce and sell their popular motorcycle LED headlight replacements, however product with a halogen bulb, turn signal, or taillight will be discontinued on said date.

“It is a bittersweet decision,” expressed Alan Roach, founder of Baja Designs. “I engineered the first Dual Sport Kit in my garage.” While they have seen a slight down-shift in sales of Dual Sport Kits, their LED and Laser light sales have grown exponentially.

Baja Designs is still hoping to find someone interested in continuing this product line’s legacy while they shift their commitment to drop-in lighting solutions for dirt bikes, adventure bikes, side by sides, ATVs, overland vehicles, and vehicle specific applications. When Deanne Moore, CEO, was asked how she felt about the decision she voiced, “the line deserves more attention than what Baja Designs can offer right now, but it would be a great business opportunity for a motorcycle enthusiast.”

Baja Designs remains focused on creating leading edge lighting solutions and will continue to design our factory replacement LED and Laser headlight kits for dirt bikes. “Our racing heritage and passion for the off-road industry will guarantee that we continue to develop and deliver the highest performing and superior quality lighting solutions we are known for,” Trent Kirby, COO.

*Replacement part availability will be determined by manufacturer availability and require minimum order quantities

Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com

Order today with our forum discount!
Code: BDForums saves 10% + Give the option of $5 shipping to the Lower 48

www.bajadesigns.com

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
Here is a little something to start your Monday off with style!

armadaengineering and glickenhaus teamed up to recreate the iconic Baja Boot originally raced by Steve McQueen in the 60’s. This featured Baja Boot is the first of five to be produced. This modern rendition of the Baja Boot features x6 of our LP6s

Imagery : freestyleshai / h1mediadesign

Baja Designs | LP6

Baja Designs

Jan 22, 2009
www.bajadesigns.com
It's time for some Tuesday fun!
Our lights can handle almost anything you throw at them from dirt to street and everything in between.

Light up your adventure today:
Baja Designs

^ Team BD driver (IG) Justinlofton41 laying down a serious roost ^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000