Polaris Best bang for the buck?

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
I want to upgrade the suspension on my jagged x. I was planning to do the needle valve conversion, but wondering how much it is to switch the front to 2.5 walkers or is it even worth it? Also what's the best bang for the buck upgrade I could do for the smoothest ride for desert and rock crawling? How's the valving gonna be straight from walker with the needle valve and dual rate upgrade?

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I want to upgrade the suspension on my jagged x. I was planning to do the needle valve conversion, but wondering how much it is to switch the front to 2.5 walkers or is it even worth it? Also what's the best bang for the buck upgrade I could do for the smoothest ride for desert and rock crawling? How's the valving gonna be straight from walker with the needle valve and dual rate upgrade?
I did the same thing to 900 walker shocks add the needle valves/valving and spring change I want to say for 800-900 bucks. it was worth it but every style and driver is different and had to revalve when we made more power. For desert it was great but for dunes a little soft but had enough adjustment to make changes.

Peternuts

Jan 8, 2011
I just did the upgrade on my 900 4 seater.The price has gone up but it worth every dollar. Needles new dual rate springs. If I would have know how good it was would have had it done the first year of my car. I think my car is handles better then the 1000 do stock. Now just fine tuning the springs and ride height.

Peternuts

Jan 8, 2011
When I went up to walker Evans racing they asked what the car has on it to get the right spring rates. Everyone drives different. I put my car thru the test on New Years thru everything from the salt n sea has to offer and all the way to ocotillo wells and it can take the whoops to the big holes like my old race car. Super happy.

azsand

Apr 17, 2013
Call Shock Therapy. Best shock guy around and tell him I sent you. I had my Can Am Maverick Max done and it rides like a sandcar. Best bang for your buck.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Well I built some tubing to replace the shocks and they are boxed up and going to WE tommorow for the works. Super excited to do it! I did find one of my fronts wouldn't bleed all the nitrogen out and had oil coming out. That's probably the one that seemed to blow through its travel fast.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Call Shock Therapy. Best shock guy around and tell him I sent you. I had my Can Am Maverick Max done and it rides like a sandcar. Best bang for your buck.

What would shock therapy get me for $1750 over WE's needle conversion for $1200?
I don't see what they do to charge the extra $500.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Got them back super excited to try them out. They have 350-350 in front and 325-350 rears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Got them on and went for a short test ride since I also put a new belt and clutch kit in as well. Plush is a very good word to describe it I think. It is super smooth and controlled. I think the front needs more preload as my GC is 11 3/4 at the frame and the rear is 12.5 I added a turn on the rear already. The rear slider is very close to the crossovers at ride height. Gonna call WE tommorow to get some tuned get details. But for the short ride I did it was amazing!

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Interesting that the springs now say Walker Evans Racing on them. Do they still say Eibach anywhere on them? They also looked to have change the bump stops as mine are a darker color and are 1 piece vs 2 pieces.

One other thing I notice with WER is when they assemble the coils they don't clock the upper & lower springs. When I asked I was told they just slap them together. Ideally you want the upper & lower coil ends to be 180 degrees out from each other. This helps keep the coil sliders true with the shock body and reduces the spring deflection.

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
They assured me they are just made for them by eibach. I have been messing with it and have the ride height at 13 front 12.5 rear and it seems like I have a lot of preload on them now. the rear secondary is fairly compressed already too. I'm not sure how much is too much preload, WE told me to run about 13.5 " GC front so I'm waiting for Brian to call me back so I can pick his brain.

Peternuts

Jan 8, 2011
I have been fine tuning my shocks since I got them. Give me a call if you want to see what I've done

desertwheeler

Extra Crispy
Oct 25, 2011
Barstow
Thanks for the help peternuts. I got it a bit closer to how I want it. 13.25 front 13-12.75 rear GC. Half inch gap on rear slider. I think I might need a 350 upper still as it is collapsed to 2 7/8" at ride height. It seems to ride good front clicker is one from soft rears are 4 and might need more as it still bottoms in the fast drops into holes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000