Yamaha Best year for used yamaha rhino(need help)

Cityrat

May 20, 2011
Mt Wash
Looking to purchase a used yamaha rhino. Would like to know best year to buy , what I should look for when inspecting, and any other tips u could share . Thx

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
They are all about the same. 04 has some weird little problems. If you want EFI, 08+ is what you want. If you dont care about EFI, 05-07 660s can be had for cheaper. Just find something that looks like its well taken care of, with low miles.

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
I dont see any big bennifent in the fuel injection...I have bought lots of used offroad vehicles. My biggest key is looking at the person selling it, what his garage looks like his car, etc. Any mods done are they clean or half ass. Theres a lot of smokin deals out there on rhinos..good luck

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
05-07 are 660 carbonated and 08 and up are fuel injected. Great deals on the 660 models. I would agree on Checking out where a person stores his rhino.

Cityrat

May 20, 2011
Mt Wash
OHH , SO UR THE ONE WHO DRIVES AROUND MY CAMPSITE HOUR OVER HOUR BUMPING YOUR SYSTEM...LOL...THAT IS A NICE RIDE. GLWS.. SO BACK TO RHINOS ... SO WHAT IM HEARING IS THERE ALL THE SAME, EXCEPT FOR EFI WHICH DOSENT MAKE ALL THAT MUCH DIFFERENCE. LOOK FOR ONE WITH LOW HOURS. WHAT WOULD BE CONSIDERED HIGH MILAGE ?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
The service manual says to change oil every 150 hours, 6 months or 1500 miles. With this info I would say if a rhino has more than 300 hours per year that would be high milage.

Just look at the underside of the rhino for tears in the metal, checkout the suspension for bends or cracks, check out the aftermarket wiring for correct placement and protection, look at the oil to see if its clean or not, check diff fluids, tire wear, brake pads, does the 4x4 engage, then drive it around a little.

It's hard to find a lot of manufacturer issues with a rhino, not much goes wrong with them, now the rzr 800 that is another story. Been there and replaced most of my rzr.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000