Polaris Bilsteins (Money back guarantee introductory offer) XP1000 2

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Our customers are very happy with our XP900 2 Bilstein package. We are total believers in the all out performance that Bilstein has to offer. We are the only company in the country selling Bilsteins for the XP, and we want you to experience what Bilstein has to offer.

Bilstein, revolutionized the sport of off road racing. They were winning championships in all forms of motorsports before most other shock companies were even around. They are the OEM supplier to Porsche, Mercedes Benz, etc.. If you buy a truck that has a factory upgraded off-road package, chances are that it will be fitted with Bilsteins.

Bilsteins patented Deflective Disc technology will compete head to head with the highest end shocks. Why... well simply put the Deflective Disc technology was the first to control fluid transfer and speed sensitivity making for a consistent, smooth operating shock through the entire range of travel.

After months of testing we are ready to offer our package for the XP1000 2!
They have been tuned for desert, dunes, trails and rocks. They come complete with crossover rings and a true dual rate setup utilizing Eibach springs, which are the best the industry has to offer.

Rears - 9100 Bilstein race series with massive 2.5" x 12" remote reservoirs for cool and consistent performance.
Fronts- 7100 Bilstein race series with 2.0" reservoirs With DMCI low profile mounting rings.

XP1000 2 package

So here is our offer...... We will be offering our Bilstein package for the XP1000 at an unbelievable introductory price, in addition we are offering one (1) re-valving at no cost, if for some reason you think we missed, (you cover shipping and we cover the rest). In addition , if for some reason you are not satisfied with your purchase and the overall performance of the shock, you can return them in their original packaging and we will refund the purchase price of the shocks (subject to terms and conditions). Give us a call and we will be happy to fill you in on all the details. This offer is good for the month of September,
XP900 2 package - available with or without reservoirs
We are offering the same deal for our XP900 2 shock package also.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Good luck, I had a set of Bilsteins on my Rhino with a LSR midtravel kit and they were tunned by Gary at Microtouch. I felt like the red headed stepchild with those on my Rhino, no one knew anything about tuning them or how they even worked without a nitrogen charge.

You will have a hard road ahead of you to win over the offroad market. Bilsteins rep of being the shocks that are on my grandpas 1950's dune buggy is fused in our minds and not even the badass looking Blackhawk Bilsteins can change that.

Sorry for being a debbie downer but someone needed to say it.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Bilstein makes nice shocks. They just do not market like the other brands.

I too had them on my Rhino and they were from Gary at Microtouch.

I would post up some videos of the shocks in action to show people how well they work.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Thank you for the feed back. We also had Bilsteins on our Rhino and LOVED them. Shocks were the only thing that we didn't have to worry about breaking when we were out on the track. We have a video from when we did the testing with our 900. I suppose I will have to dig it up. These are GREAT shocks and well worth the investment. Especially compared to everything else that is out there.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Good luck, I had a set of Bilsteins on my Rhino with a LSR midtravel kit and they were tunned by Gary at Microtouch. I felt like the red headed stepchild with those on my Rhino, no one knew anything about tuning them or how they even worked without a nitrogen charge.

You will have a hard road ahead of you to win over the offroad market. Bilsteins rep of being the shocks that are on my grandpas 1950's dune buggy is fused in our minds and not even the badass looking Blackhawk Bilsteins can change that.

Get what you are saying... Too bad everybody is drinking the koolaid about what is being offered. Bilstein simply revolutionized the sport of off road racing. There Deflective Disc technology has never been duplicated... close, but others have to complicate the workings of there shocks trying to do what the Bilstein has done all along. We actually worked with Microtouch also and were really disappointed when he was done and didn't want to pursue them for the XP900, which got us in this game. Did all of the tuning for the 900 and it has worked out very well.

Stepped up with the 1000 with a true dual rate set up and have been running them on our shop car since the first of the year. No.... did not get there right off the bat, took a few spring rate changes and valving to get them dialed.

Bottom line is that I will pit these shocks and the way they handle against the best the industry has to offer. So if anyone wants to do a shoot out, bring it on.
Mark

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az

My brother and friends of ours Raced the Bilsteins back in the Rhino Race days and they were awesome and Gary was the one who taught my brother how to valve them and when gary had it tuned in the car was so plush it was crazy. But most of the Kids that have offroad toys today seem to like the Fancy names on shocks. LOL. Bilsteins are truly a great shock. Almost have to sell them on the cheap to get people back into them.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
do they have some kind of bottoming out technology. ex walker has needle valve and fox has bottoming out cup. If they don't wouldn't you be going backwards with those shocks on your 1000.what size front and rear shafts do the 1000 come with.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
We got our experience racing the Bilsteins back in the Rhino days. Got ours through Microtouch also. They had them set up for a standard Rhino or a heavier set up for those who were putting seats in the bed. We deleted our bed for racing so it took a little work on spring rates to get it to settle down the way we wanted it. After that we ran a full 8 race series with them and had zero issues, (wish I could say the same about the Rhino). We were constantly asked how we got our rhino to handle so well, and Bilstein was the answer.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
do they have some kind of bottoming out technology. ex walker has needle valve and fox has bottoming out cup. If they don't wouldn't you be going backwards with those shocks on your 1000.what size front and rear shafts do the 1000 come with.
Bilstein doesn't mess around when it comes to their shafts. They are centerless ground, case hardened then heavy chromed and super polished.
The rears are 2.5" 9100 series race shocks with 22mm (7/8") shafts.
The fronts are 2.0" 7100 series with 14mm shafts. (pretty standard for this size shock).

As for why Bilstein doesn't have to use needles, bladders or cups to control bottom out... I think the bigger questions is why do other companies have to.
Bilstein holds a slew of patents on their shock technology all the way down to the bottom out bumper, which holds both a material and design patent.
"Stay thirsty my friend"

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
As for why Bilstein doesn't have to use needles, bladders or cups to control bottom out... I think the bigger questions is why do other companies have to.

the answer is you are only aloud one shock per corner. So you would want that shock to do much more just saying. why do by-pass shocks have so many adjusting knobs?

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012

the answer is you are only aloud one shock per corner. So you would want that shock to do much more just saying. why do by-pass shocks have so many adjusting knobs?
I have run internal bypass shocks. I think you ask anyone that has run them that twisting knobs is not where it's at. Hard to convince someone how a Bilstein works unless they have experienced them. Can't call them an internal bypass because that is a term used by other companies. If you look into the patented "Defective Disc" technology in a Bilstein you can see that they can compete head to head with others without complicating the internals and adding failure points.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
I'm confused by all this? First off anyone who has run internal or external bypass shocks knows that adjusting a knob is exactly where its at. Tuning a bypass tube, is not just adjusting the valving for the whole shock stroke, but your adjusting it & tuning it to change the valving as it goes through the shock stroke making the shock progressive. If Bilstiens shocks are better then a bypass shock, then why did Bilstein develop the 9100 & Black Hawk series off-road Bypass shock?

Second, Bilsteins "Deflective Disk" is what everyone else calls a "Shim". You have compression & rebound shims stacked on both sides of the shock piston. What Bilstein did was Pioneer the modern day Mono Tube shock which uses these Disks to control oil flow, vs a twin tube which uses a spring & check valve. There is no progression with a check valve. Its either open or closed. Yes Bilstein had or has a Patent, but Patent's have an expiration dates and I believe back in 1957 when Bilstein developed the Mono Tube gas shock, patents were good for 17 years. So they might still hold the patent and its listed under their name, but they cant enforce it or keep anyone from using their design or concept.

When you see what Bilstein is comparing their Mono Tube "Deflective Disk" shock too, is a Twin Tube style shock, which was the only other thing available before Hans Bilstein used a French Professors idea of reducing vibration.

Here is a link to Bilsteins explanation of their shock vs a Twin Tube style shock.
http://cart.bilsteinus.com/pdfs/motorsports.pdf

Looking at the internals of a Bistein, it is the same internal concept that all the performance shock companies are using today. Each company will have their theories of piston design and flow. But the fact is they are all using a piston on top of the shock shaft which has sprung steel "Disks" or Shims" which deflect as the shocks compresses. Depending on the speed of the shocks compression & rebound will determine how much and many of the "Shims" deflect allowing the oil to pass through the piston. The biggest differance between the Bilstein & the Fox, King Ect.. that I know of is Bilstein is still measured in metric, where the other U.S manufactures are using the US standard measuring system.

Here is a diagram of how a Bilstein "Disk" works. The same concept as Fox, King, WER ect... BTW their are several performance shock companies in NASCAR & open wheels that are not in off-road, that use the exact same internal design. So its not just an off-road thing.

I'm not trying to be a downer, and I do credit Bilstein for being the first to develop the modern day shock absorber that we all know & use in the performance world. But to say Bilstein has something that no other shock company has, would be incorrect. If Bilstein was on to somthing that no one else has or knows, dont you think the other guys would not just buy a Bilstein shock and see what they are doing different? Most shock tuners & rebuild shops work on all brands of shocks. They are not missing something revolutionary in a Bilstein.

Where Bilstein is still the biggest player is in the performance OEM market. No one can beat them! They are globally when it comes to the OEM market.

BTW I have aftermarket Bilstien shocks on my Chevy Silverado & RV, so I do use and like Bilstein shocks.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Thanks you for your input... Think it was 1954. So, what I take from your post is that Bilstein is the originator of the technology and destroyed the competition with it. The best that any other shock company could do is copy it.I base my opinion of the external adjustment on my own experience. You really need to dial in the internals to make a shock work right. <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
I have already read posts about the new internal by- passes, and it would seem that knob adjustment isn't working out and they are having them re-valved internally. <O:p</O:p
The experience we had running Bilsteins on our race Rhino was nothing short of amazing. We beat these shock hard and they never gave us any problems. When others in our class were slamming on bottom out, bending shafts, blowing seals and destroying their cars, we were flying through it all (so I know for a fact that they work differently than other shocks). I never had to touch them or rebuild them, so I think it's a testament to the quality of material that Bilstein uses to build their shocks.<O:p</O:p
My goal is to reintroduce Bilsteins into this market segment and give consumers a quality product at a reasonable cost.<O:p</O:p
I'm not sure if I can do anymore than offer a free re-valve if you think I missed and refund on your purchase if your not satisfied. <O:p</O:p
I know I am fighting an up hill battle, but again I am a true believer in the overall performance and durability of a Bilstein. The intent of our offer is to get more to experience Bilsteins and how well they work, (somebody has to do it!). <O:p</O:p

ROGUE1

Jun 3, 2012
Apple Valley
I'm confused by all this? First off anyone who has run internal or external bypass shocks knows that adjusting a knob is exactly where its at. Tuning a bypass tube, is not just adjusting the valving for the whole shock stroke, but your adjusting it & tuning it to change the valving as it goes through the shock stroke making the shock progressive. If Bilstiens shocks are better then a bypass shock, then why did Bilstein develop the 9100 & Black Hawk series off-road Bypass shock?

Second, Bilsteins "Deflective Disk" is what everyone else calls a "Shim". You have compression & rebound shims stacked on both sides of the shock piston. What Bilstein did was Pioneer the modern day Mono Tube shock which uses these Disks to control oil flow, vs a twin tube which uses a spring & check valve. There is no progression with a check valve. Its either open or closed. Yes Bilstein had or has a Patent, but Patent's have an expiration dates and I believe back in 1957 when Bilstein developed the Mono Tube gas shock, patents were good for 17 years. So they might still hold the patent and its listed under their name, but they cant enforce it or keep anyone from using their design or concept.

When you see what Bilstein is comparing their Mono Tube "Deflective Disk" shock too, is a Twin Tube style shock, which was the only other thing available before Hans Bilstein used a French Professors idea of reducing vibration.

Here is a link to Bilsteins explanation of their shock vs a Twin Tube style shock.
http://cart.bilsteinus.com/pdfs/motorsports.pdf

Looking at the internals of a Bistein, it is the same internal concept that all the performance shock companies are using today. Each company will have their theories of piston design and flow. But the fact is they are all using a piston on top of the shock shaft which has sprung steel "Disks" or Shims" which deflect as the shocks compresses. Depending on the speed of the shocks compression & rebound will determine how much and many of the "Shims" deflect allowing the oil to pass through the piston. The biggest differance between the Bilstein & the Fox, King Ect.. that I know of is Bilstein is still measured in metric, where the other U.S manufactures are using the US standard measuring system.

Here is a diagram of how a Bilstein "Disk" works. The same concept as Fox, King, WER ect... BTW their are several performance shock companies in NASCAR & open wheels that are not in off-road, that use the exact same internal design. So its not just an off-road thing.

I'm not trying to be a downer, and I do credit Bilstein for being the first to develop the modern day shock absorber that we all know & use in the performance world. But to say Bilstein has something that no other shock company has, would be incorrect. If Bilstein was on to somthing that no one else has or knows, dont you think the other guys would not just buy a Bilstein shock and see what they are doing different? Most shock tuners & rebuild shops work on all brands of shocks. They are not missing something revolutionary in a Bilstein.

Where Bilstein is still the biggest player is in the performance OEM market. No one can beat them! They are globally when it comes to the OEM market.

BTW I have aftermarket Bilstien shocks on my Chevy Silverado & RV, so I do use and like Bilstein shocks.
Great synopsis Nikal.

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Just so you know Bilstein does uphold their patent. I do agree that they all use shim stacks, but that is where the comparison stops. Easy to say what a Bilstein is or isn't when you have never experienced them on a SXS. Just saying....

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
Bilstiens great shocks already tuned for sand, dirt and rocks. Right price and how could you go wrong with a money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. That is how confident we are in the performance of this shock.
Here is a video of our testing with the 900 shock package.

[ame]http://youtu.be/cL--nBp7N74[/ame]

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions 760-955-1409

dmcmark

Apr 20, 2012
In stock and ready to ship............money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. Give us a call at 760-955-1409

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000