BITD adds new Pro Turbo Production UTV class

SimsMotorsports

Factory Polaris #1913
Feb 1, 2009
Prescott Valley
As of this afternoon it is official that BITD has come up with a new class that will be named the Pro Turbo Production class the new "Premier" utv class. Number will now be 3 digit and use 900 numbers. All the 2015 production Turbo rules will still apply.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
Seemed way easier to tech if they opened then up. Oh well. Glad to hear they will have 2 classes.
Did they say if N/A cars (Yamaha) can race in the Turbo Class ? Seems like they should be allowed if it's going to be considered the Elite class.

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
Yea just heard the news myself... sounds good to me. Since this will be the premier SxS class and its named "Pro Turbo Production", only turbos should be allowed, no racing up with a NA SXS.......They don't let Class 1 open wheeled buggies race with the Trick Trucks.

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
Yea just heard the news myself... sounds good to me. Since this will be the premier SxS class and its named "Pro Turbo Production", only turbos should be allowed, no racing up with a NA SXS.......They don't let Class 1 open wheeled buggies race with the Trick Trucks.
Because they are not trucks.

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
My point is they aren't allowed to race up a class. So to let me change my statement to Trophy Lites aren't allowed to race with Trophy Trucks.

bluediamond

Jun 24, 2015
My point is they aren't allowed to race up a class.

Tell that to the team/teams that have factory backing lined up from Yamaha for 2016.Telling them they can't race in the "Premier" class doesn't seem right. I'd bet the turbo class will be both N/A and Turbo cars.

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
This is my opinion, so it really doesn't mean squat....You can't race a Trophy Lite in the Trophy truck class...They don't allow that, so they should keep Turbo and NA split. Most 1900 racer with NA SxS's wanted us(Turbo SxS's) out of the class.... now they want to race with the Turbos, I think its freaking joke!

Reactions: Johnny

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I am guessing by the time the dust settles they will open up the ECU rule. There is absolutely no way to police it and Team A will always just have to assume Team B is playing by the rules. That was the biggest complaint about NA and turbo racing....

Reactions: Bajaxp

shane88

Nov 5, 2014
I am guessing by the time the dust settles they will open up the ECU rule. There is absolutely no way to police it and Team A will always just have to assume Team B is playing by the rules. That was the biggest complaint about NA and turbo racing....
I suggest they let the teams pay a fee at the beginning of the year and BITD supply ecms at each race, that's only way to truly police the re-flashes... On the Can-ams Cory can hook up to it with Buds and tell, but not on the Polaris models. I wish they would have done that at the Mint for us then we wouldn't have been called cheaters all over the forum lol.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I suggest they let the teams pay a fee at the beginning of the year and BITD supply ecms at each race, that's only way to truly police the re-flashes... On the Can-ams Cory can hook up to it with Buds and tell, but not on the Polaris models. I wish they would have done that at the Mint for us then we wouldn't have been called cheaters all over the forum lol.
It would be easier to just open it up....I dont want some ECU cory has had floating around in a box on the floor of his trailer....I see the way his program runs and I wouldn't want any part of it.....furthermore what happens if you have an electrical issue at a race? Cant change the ECU...So now what a DNF?

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
It would be easier to just open it up....I dont want some ECU cory has had floating around in a box on the floor of his trailer....I see the way his program runs and I wouldn't want any part of it.....furthermore what happens if you have an electrical issue at a race? Cant change the ECU...So now what a DNF?
Yeap, Just check bore and stroke. And stock turbo.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I'm assuming there is still a Pro Production class? What keeps that class from still being the "premier" class? Premier, to me, means the largest field and most competition....... PS - I will most likely see you desert peeps at one or two races this year, so now I have to follow all of this stuff.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Unless the rules changed recently you can race C1 in TT if you put a truck body on it.
At least you could in SCORE

Reactions: facteryfmf

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I'm assuming there is still a Pro Production class? What keeps that class from still being the "premier" class? Premier, to me, means the largest field and most competition....... PS - I will most likely see you desert peeps at one or two races this year, so now I have to follow all of this stuff.
And bringing a little yellow to the starting grid?

jimbeaver15

The Down & Dirty Off-Road Show
Apr 12, 2012
Parker, Arizona
This is a good thing. I think you guys are all overthinking things. Pretty cut and dry to me, you either have a turbo or you don't, and you run the corresponding class. Why anyone would ever want to run an N/A car against a Turbo is beyond me, and if I was a Yamaha owner I'd be stoked I'm not running against the Turbo cars. I don't see the gearbox as being the "game changer" everyone else does. You can shift... Great! When Yamaha throws a Turbo on it, they move in to the Turbo class, and until then they stay in the N/A class. You start splitting classes based on gearbox, what's next... Tire size? Anyone above 30" runs X class and anyone 30" and below runs Y class? Build your cars now that you have an answer and go race. To me this keeps a lot of race cars out there competitive and doesn't make them instantly obsolete. If I was just about anyone on this board I'd be on the phone to Prescott Valley buying a certain World Championship car at a bargain price knowing it just gained a few more years of dominance with this announcement, but that's just me...

And for the record, ECU's and exhaust should be open on the Turbo cars... Past that, everything is stock.

Reactions: 450grl

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000