BITD Class Vote on sequential 5 speeds

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Belt eating CVT fans won't like this.

Let 'em run. Pro production. Its less 1000cc. Less HP than all turbos. Let's see what they can do.

Reactions: kornfed

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
i think for the most part, almost every desert racer hates a belt. its almost inevitble that at some point you can/will blow a belt in the desert racing. so every racer has to tip toe or keep the belt in the back of their mind in order to keep from blowing a belt. i think this style trans, and the DCT thing that honda is going to use in their 1000 Pioneer are interesting, and will potentially keep down time to a minimum not changing belts or blowing belts in a race, BUT as will all brand new game changers and innovation, everyone is skeptical and nervous and reluctant to change. even though most folks hate a belt, they are more scared of change to something new.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
EE="///Airdam Clutches, post: 182766, member: 13259"]i think for the most part, almost every desert racer hates a belt. its almost inevitble that at some point you can/will blow a belt in the desert racing. so every racer has to tip toe or keep the belt in the back of their mind in order to keep from blowing a belt. i think this style trans, and the DCT thing that honda is going to use in their 1000 Pioneer are interesting, and will potentially keep down time to a minimum not changing belts or blowing belts in a race, BUT as will all brand new game changers and innovation, everyone is skeptical and nervous and reluctant to change. even though most folks hate a belt, they are more scared of change to something new.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people seem wary of shifting. I grew up riding and racing dirt bikes and quads and I think a manual transmission is a advantage most of the time. I like being able to use the gears to slow me down or set up for corners and I think it will accelerate better.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
There is no reason that 5 speed trans should be in a separate class from the cvt cars. They should race together. There are pros and cons

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
If you build it ............ some will bitch.

The sequential transmission is a no brainer, the real question is what we are going to do with these blue UTV's. Should we make a class just for them or let them run with the other colors?

ironworks

Jan 18, 2010
When will you guys realize that it doesn't matter what you think. Your Godfather will tell you what you will do and you will all be good little boys and girls and deal with it!!
If he is not going to listen to the people the people need to protest, but no one wants to hang it out there to call his bluff. So they just sit back and let it continue. If Blue Waters Race in Oct was down by 60% of the racers things would change if everyone sent in their entry for with a contingency letter telling them they are not racing. Casey does not care about this class as he has bigger fish to fry. I get that, but unless people stand up for themselves nothing with matter.

#nonturbolivesmatter

Reactions: JoeyD23

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Rusty brought something up to me on the phone the other day about creating a series using other races from different series. We could even have a series that raced only 6 races at Bitd and run for championship points outside of bitd. For example, create the UTV World Championship series. It races 6 races, one of them is not Parker 250, the 6 could be the rest of the bitd races or you could mix some in from snore and score. In bitd, and probly snore and score, you have to race all races in the season to be eligible for championship points, so we would not be racing for bitd championship, we would be racing for utv world championship crown. We could do San Felipe, utvwc, the mint, Baja 500, v2r, and a snore race. Something like that. Or we could run 6 of the 7 bitd races, but we would have Casey's attention when not many people show up to Parker. Who cares if Sappington wins the bitd championship next year out of a field of ten cars, not impressive and no real feat. The big deal would be, the UTV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

We would pay an extra fee on the side of the regular race entry for an extra payback and cover some admin fees. Get utv underground and mad media to do some marketing, talk to all our sponsors and get them behind it. It could grow into the next big deal, and be the premier series.

Any thoughts?

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Rusty brought something up to me on the phone the other day about creating a series using other races from different series. We could even have a series that raced only 6 races at Bitd and run for championship points outside of bitd. For example, create the UTV World Championship series. It races 6 races, one of them is not Parker 250, the 6 could be the rest of the bitd races or you could mix some in from snore and score. In bitd, and probly snore and score, you have to race all races in the season to be eligible for championship points, so we would not be racing for bitd championship, we would be racing for utv world championship crown. We could do San Felipe, utvwc, the mint, Baja 500, v2r, and a snore race. Something like that. Or we could run 6 of the 7 bitd races, but we would have Casey's attention when not many people show up to Parker. Who cares if Sappington wins the bitd championship next year out of a field of ten cars, not impressive and no real feat. The big deal would be, the UTV WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

We would pay an extra fee on the side of the regular race entry for an extra payback and cover some admin fees. Get utv underground and mad media to do some marketing, talk to all our sponsors and get them behind it. It could grow into the next big deal, and be the premier series.

Any thoughts?

-I love the idea of a UTV World Championship. Race 2-3 races in BITD, 2 races in SCORE and 2 races in SNORE. Which leads me to this:

-I think it may be time for Joey's SxS racing association. Just, keep the focus on racing and not so much on land use. There are already a lot of people focusing on land use (AMA, ASA, Blue Ribbon, CORVA, Blue Ribbon, etc) and another group in the mix would only dilute the voice. It could have a board that works with the various racing organizations and creates the rules.

-Let the Yamaha race in the premier Pro UTV class. I can't think of a reason not to let it race.

-And finally I know Joey is only saying 'the godfather' thing with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek, but if there is any 'Godfather' is should be spelled with an 's.' Mike Lasher and Tim Orchard had as much, or more to do with getting UTV racing up and going and forming the UTVRA as Cory did. And frankly I give, Bill Schueler, Scanlon, the Murrays, Lasher, Joey, Randy Anderson, Justin L, and a few others as much credit as anyone for growing the UTV class. They were able to get factories involved, build race cars, rally new competitors, sponsor teams, and show up and race on a consistent basis.

My 2 pesos

Reactions: JoeyD23 and COGNITO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000