BITD Email to UTV Racers. Please Read and Respond ASAP

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
The rules in BITD have been consistent since 2011. No engine over 1000cc and no turbo, and the entry numbers have grew every year. Since the rule change, I know of 2 cars that have been sold (because of rules), 3 or 4 more racers that are going to pull back next year, and BWDC entrys have dropped from last year. the privateer is what make up the big numbers in the 1900 class. Most of these cars have been built between the last year to a year and a half. Most of them feel like they are getting screwed (per Jagged's questionnaire). The car count is going to drop if something different is not done. I hear, everybody wants to race in a big field, but keep the turbo cars and na cars together, and see what happens to the car count. Oh well, it is in Cassey's and Cory's hands now anyway, so I guess the discussion is over.
SO true

///Airdam Clutches

Nov 14, 2014
that is what i was thinking. let the Turbo Production class run more like a spec class. Stock motor, bore and stroke, and stock turbo. bolt ons and reflash are ok. the power is limited to the turbo and certain components like the fuel injecors. let the guys reflash it with stock turbo and stock injectors. you will see that with the can-am you can only add about 3-5psi and you max out the stock injectors. running stock injectors at 95% duty cycle will burn them up and melt them down in a short amount of time. same goes with the XPT. i think the guys reflashing them are as high as 4-5psi over stock and stock injectors are maxed out. a spec class that has a stock turbo and are required to run stock injectors kinda limits the playing field. there are companies that can modify stock injectors to make them flow more, BUT with a stock turbo you are still limited to how much air you can push and how efficient it will be.

leave the unlimited class for the guys with the SR1 and huge turbo builds and any other sort of combination of whatever run what you brung can cook up.

the N/A Production class can be for everyone, pretty much 98% of the field now is in an N/A car

there are a select few teams 20% or so that will get a new car and build a new car every year. but the grass roots, the meat and potatoes of the field is N/A cars right now. there is something like 70+ numbers registered and about 65 of them are N/A and over half are privateers. i would think making the BOY DAWG class and letting the Turbos run rampant and the privateers have to race against the turbo cars would make it extremely hard for the privateer to get any recognition and without any spotlight, the privateer gets no sponsorships. no sponsorships means privateers quit coming cause they cant afford another $100,000 car every single year to keep up with the Jones' thats why i think that having an N/A class with structure and limits like it has now, along with a turbo class that has limits, stock turbo, stock engine displacement, stock injectors ect. something thats easily policed. cause reflashes are not easily policed,

and the unlimited class for all the other guys who wanna run their concoctions

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
I voted for full on free for all I will also be starting from pit 3 at every race like Cognito since they sleep so well at night ... lol it took them three years to get their car to win a race and there is no way your going to get them to man up and build and race a turbo with the fast guys lol not when they know all the fast guys are building turbo cars its a win win for them lol our car works now so lets stay in the slower class and beat all the slow guys

so first Justin your saying there is no pride in racing a turbo car against a bunch of non turbo cars and it took you two or three years to get your car to finish a race and you know if you only had 1 more year you could really kick some ass ? especially since Sims, Me, Fisher, Murrays, Jones, Scanlon, Jagged are all going to be racing turbo cars ? so its going to be you against Felix and Cody lol ....

I really voted for two classes also a turbo and a non turbo and I think both classes should be sealed engines, stock ECU and Stock turbos and injectors and the third class should still be unlimited

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
I voted for full on free for all I will also be starting from pit 3 at every race like Cognito since they sleep so well at night ... lol it took them three years to get their car to win a race and there is no way your going to get them to man up and build and race a turbo with the fast guys lol not when they know all the fast guys are building turbo cars its a win win for them lol our car works now so lets stay in the slower class and beat all the slow guys

so first Justin your saying there is no pride in racing a turbo car against a bunch of non turbo cars and it took you two or three years to get your car to finish a race and you know if you only had 1 more year you could really kick some ass ? especially since Sims, Me, Fisher, Murrays, Jones, Scanlon, Jagged are all going to be racing turbo cars ? so its going to be you against Felix and Cody lol ....

I really voted for two classes also a turbo and a non turbo and I think both classes should be sealed engines, stock ECU and Stock turbos and injectors and the third class should still be unlimited
your old age is getting to you, we won Silver State 300 last year

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009

we havent finished a race in 2 or 3 years? your drunk

How could anyone be proud of using a turbo car to beat NA cars? Thats lame

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
holy fuck no shit ? not bad for 4 years of racing Baller !! I won a race once upon a time .. maybe all enter the sportsman class so I can win a race

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
im racing lol I dont give a shit whats under your hood !! lmao Proud is the word of the day ... proud you got points for finishing a race you didnt even start ..tow me to pit 3 and ill get it fixed lol get fucking real your not allowed to talk of being proud your second place in points and you didnt even start the fucking race lol YOU BE PROUD

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
holy fuck no shit ? not bad for 4 years of racing Baller !! I won a race once upon a time .. maybe all enter the sportsman class so I can win a race
we have also won a BWDC, and a 2nd at another V2R, and a 2nd at another BWDC, and a 4th at a Mint 400

you might have more wins than me, for now....

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
im racing lol I dont give a shit whats under your hood !! lmao Proud is the word of the day ... proud you got points for finishing a race you didnt even start ..tow me to pit 3 and ill get it fixed lol get fucking real your not allowed to talk of being proud your second place in points and you didnt even start the fucking race lol YOU BE PROUD
And you're so proud of UTV inc, cause it was all your idea

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Didnt you get towed to pit to fix you car to get your points for the Mint 400? Tow ropes a tow rope.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
that is what i was thinking. let the Turbo Production class run more like a spec class. Stock motor, bore and stroke, and stock turbo. bolt ons and reflash are ok. the power is limited to the turbo and certain components like the fuel injecors. let the guys reflash it with stock turbo and stock injectors. you will see that with the can-am you can only add about 3-5psi and you max out the stock injectors. running stock injectors at 95% duty cycle will burn them up and melt them down in a short amount of time. same goes with the XPT. i think the guys reflashing them are as high as 4-5psi over stock and stock injectors are maxed out. a spec class that has a stock turbo and are required to run stock injectors kinda limits the playing field. there are companies that can modify stock injectors to make them flow more, BUT with a stock turbo you are still limited to how much air you can push and how efficient it will be.

leave the unlimited class for the guys with the SR1 and huge turbo builds and any other sort of combination of whatever run what you brung can cook up.

the N/A Production class can be for everyone, pretty much 98% of the field now is in an N/A car

there are a select few teams 20% or so that will get a new car and build a new car every year. but the grass roots, the meat and potatoes of the field is N/A cars right now. there is something like 70+ numbers registered and about 65 of them are N/A and over half are privateers. i would think making the BOY DAWG class and letting the Turbos run rampant and the privateers have to race against the turbo cars would make it extremely hard for the privateer to get any recognition and without any spotlight, the privateer gets no sponsorships. no sponsorships means privateers quit coming cause they cant afford another $100,000 car every single year to keep up with the Jones' thats why i think that having an N/A class with structure and limits like it has now, along with a turbo class that has limits, stock turbo, stock engine displacement, stock injectors ect. something thats easily policed. cause reflashes are not easily policed,

and the unlimited class for all the other guys who wanna run their concoctions
That's what I was saying in the very beginning. I didn't see the point of sealing the ecu. If there is no way to get more fuel you stuck with what you've got. If they just limit fuel pressure and keep the stock injectors it's pretty hard to make a big increase in power.
The built n/a race engines aren't that far off.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Johnny

UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Mesa Arizona
And you're so proud of UTV inc, cause it was all your idea
I didnt say I was proud of anything beside proud to tell everybody you are one of my best friends !!

Didnt you get towed to pit to fix you car to get your points for the Mint 400? Tow ropes a tow rope.
oh ya but that was after I STARTED the race and lead 350 plus miles and got towed less then a half mile

but I hear you !! your the best !! beat that drum

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
I never said I was proud of getting points for that race, it was pit 2, that darn memory again. That will be my drop race anyway for season points.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
I didnt say I was proud of anything beside proud to tell everybody you are one of my best friends !!

oh ya but that was after I STARTED the race and lead 350 plus miles and got towed less then a half mile

but I hear you !! your the best !! beat that drum
No one can beat it like you can turbo

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
George face the fact they are not going to structure the class like a moto class, that is way to many classes. If that is what you are looking for go race the PURE series or one of the other UTV only series.QUOTE]

Cody the possible downside of mixed NA and turbo is you may lose done NA cars. Given. What's the possible downside of having seperate classes for 2016 and see how it shakes out? It's not too complicated and I'm not sure there's any downside risk. Teams know they have one season and things could change or maybe not. I do to see anyone getting hurt in this scenario. I'm with Ironworks on this....

Btw, I'd just like to point out Im proud I haven't been towed at all this year. Lol. Where did that all come from......

Last edited:

Barnum527

May 21, 2014
I have heard rumors there is a re-gear kit that changes the transmission gearing that the factory guys can get? That true or aloud in BITD? I heard a short course guys got busted with it. (Could be a complete lie) just curious if it was aloud because that could be a huge advantage to if you could get your hands on it with a N/A car

COGNITO

Apr 30, 2009
I have heard rumors there is a re-gear kit that changes the transmission gearing that the factory guys can get? That true or aloud in BITD? I heard a short course guys got busted with it. (Could be a complete lie) just curious if it was aloud because that could be a huge advantage to if you could get your hands on it with a N/A car
I don't have anything in my car relating to that, that you can't buy from a dealer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000