BITD rules

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Just a guess.... I dont think Turbos will be allowed until Polaris has something available... even then it might not happen...Its all up to Cory and Casey.

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Good question. I had the same thought as soon as I saw that Can-Am was releasing one.
Second question is going to be if it has to be a factory turbo or not? If Can-Am is the only one with a factory turbo and BITD allows it, I would think it would open up the field to aftermarket turbos for the other brands. Let the horsepower wars begin. :D

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
Just a guess.... I dont think Turbos will be allowed until Polaris has something available... even then it might not happen...Its all up to Cory and Casey.
lol look at Polaris 1000 and tell me a turbo wont fit between the head and the back fire wall. casey could care less and cory is can-am sponsored. things that make you go hummmmmmmmm.

dmurray

#1917 BITD - UTVUnderground Approved
Apr 13, 2010
Eastvale CA
www.murrayracing.com
My guess is that once other oem's have a turbo in the future then they will collectively push to have a pro class for them. Guessing 2015 will be the non turbos but maybe 2016? Time will tell. I am sure that aftermarket turbos won't be allowed. Only oem versions. The rules will be determined by oems more than Cory or Casey. Besides we want to go faster so we can only hope it will happen soon!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
will the turbo can am change the rules like Polaris changed the cc rule? or will Polaris have a turbo one 2 were they have to change rules?
How did Polaris change the cc rule. We raced a 875cc against a 999 for a whole season. Pfffffttttt.

I would much rather see the OEM's come out with a 99% bullet proof sequential 6-speed than a turbo. My 2 pesos.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Whatever happens it would be really nice to have some notice...... Cory, please give as much notice as humanly possible if anything changes in regards to forced induction.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
I was talking to Casey at V2R about some rules I wanted clarified for my build. He said that he is changing the SR1 class to an unlimited class. Both to include the old motorcycle powered rhinos and those with turbos and such. He did say there would still be a 30" tire limit.

By the way, I was specifically asking Casey if a newly available LT kit would pass rules due to one of the pivot points being moved even though it would still be on the same pivot plane. He told me it would put the car into the unlimited class. Before V2R I told the manufacturer that his stuff might not pass due to that and he said there was someone else committed to run his kit. Take this as a warning, just because someone makes a "race kit" doesn't mean it fits in the rules.

Read the rule book over and over during your build or you will be disappointed. Like the guy that showed up to V2R tech with a bolt on cage.:rolleyes:

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
There are too many 100k naturally aspirated cars out there to make them all obsolete in one weekend. That being said, the pro class is the best and fastest UTV racing has to offer. Some deliniation is inevitable. Heck, they made an 850 class and there are way more 1000cc desert cars out there. If Cory would give me the OK I would put my 300hp Honda 3.5 in a XP4 and race sportsman. Now that would be fun.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Read the rule book over and over during your build or you will be disappointed. Like the guy that showed up to V2R tech with a bolt on cage.:rolleyes:
100% agree! Read your rule book. When you think you have read & know it all. Have someone test you on it. If you have it memorized, you will see things so much different, and find places where you have not taken advantage of the rules to improve your cars.

Bummer hearing BITD is not considering increasing the tire size. At least not for next year. I hope it is considered within the next few years, at least for the pro class. Sad to think even class 11's run a bigger tire. BTW just because the rules list a max size of something does not mean you must run it.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
100% agree! Read your rule book. When you think you have read & know it all. Have someone test you on it. If you have it memorized, you will see things so much different, and find places where you have not taken advantage of the rules to improve your cars.

Bummer hearing BITD is not considering increasing the tire size. At least not for next year. I hope it is considered within the next few years, at least for the pro class. Sad to think even class 11's run a bigger tire. BTW just because the rules list a max size of something does not mean you must run it.
Hi Todd. I agree that tire O.D. will have to be addressed by Cory and BITD fairly soon, but I think 2015 is too soon. If we were to give teams a year to test various combos, they would be ready. What about 2016 and allow up to 33 inchers?

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Matt you & I are on the same page on tire size. I agree a rule change should be announced but not implemented without giving teams notice and time to test to see if they want to run a larger size. If a team is happy running a 28 or 30 inch tire they would still be free to do so.

motive

Jan 12, 2014
Pleasant Grove, UT
If only CanAm had put a 33" tire on the XMR then we could have argued a tire size increase in the rules because it would have come "Factory".

lucho

Sep 28, 2010
We see things coming. Remember, I've been around for a long time, especially since Class 9 was the class to get into for the average racer, then came the 1-2/1600 which was going to be the truly inexpensive class topped off at $17,000, then came the Mini Mag Class that was to be at $12,000 (I got the first one off the line at the old Mint 400 race).We've seen what has happened to all those classes. I doubt it very much if you could build a competitive 1600 car for less than 100K today. The other classes basically fade away.

So what's the answer?:
I've never been one to stop progress. I think it's healthy for the sport but we must not render useless other classes that were there from the get go.

We at AVE RACING are seriously considering changing some of our classes for 2015. This is the suggestion of a number of our racers:
1. Eliminate the 700 Class and just offer 850cc Class and under
2. Keep the 900 Class for vehicles 900 cc and UNDER
3. set up a new 1000cc Class for all UTVS up to 1000cc. Anyone can race in this class up to 1000cc
4. If indeed we are going TO race the Can-AM turbo model and other manufacturer's versions, we would then set up a UTV TURBO CLASS.
5. We will still maintain the Bone Stock Classes 850 and 1000

Input on this is greatly appreciated.

Lou Peralta
[email protected]

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
We see things coming. Remember, I've been around for a long time, especially since Class 9 was the class to get into for the average racer, then came the 1-2/1600 which was going to be the truly inexpensive class topped off at $17,000, then came the Mini Mag Class that was to be at $12,000 (I got the first one off the line at the old Mint 400 race).We've seen what has happened to all those classes. I doubt it very much if you could build a competitive 1600 car for less than 100K today. The other classes basically fade away.

So what's the answer?:
I've never been one to stop progress. I think it's healthy for the sport but we must not render useless other classes that were there from the get go.

We at AVE RACING are seriously considering changing some of our classes for 2015. This is the suggestion of a number of our racers:
1. Eliminate the 700 Class and just offer 850cc Class and under
2. Keep the 900 Class for vehicles 900 cc and UNDER
3. set up a new 1000cc Class for all UTVS up to 1000cc. Anyone can race in this class up to 1000cc
4. If indeed we are going TO race the Can-AM turbo model and other manufacturer's versions, we would then set up a UTV TURBO CLASS.
5. We will still maintain the Bone Stock Classes 850 and 1000

Input on this is greatly appreciated.

Lou Peralta
[email protected]
my question is how do you regulate the motor size or is it word of mouth.I can turn a 900 motor into a 1000 pretty easy.Do you have a set of scales I would start there.If it was me and I want bigger turn out. I would do production class/ pro class and class that is utv more then 3 or 4 year old like a vintage class. let the turbo's run in production or pro the desert will be the factor.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
my question is how do you regulate the motor size or is it word of mouth.I can turn a 900 motor into a 1000 pretty easy.Do you have a set of scales I would start there.If it was me and I want bigger turn out. I would do production class/ pro class and class that is utv more then 3 or 4 year old like a vintage class. let the turbo's run in production or pro the desert will be the factor.
Yeah you gotta call production class what it is and if the Manufacture makes it you can Race it, otherwise your gonna make all of these splintered off classes and Bastardize the turbo cars off like the SR1 class. Once again everyone is running around all worried about the Turbo Mav being a real threat to the podium, I imagine Jagged Boys have been makin calls and people are upset about this possible threat. But Like Rito says let the Desert sort it out. Heck that turbo car might not survive 200 miles and have issues. Never know until its tried. This Production Turbo Situation has to have started a Fire under Polaris and will force them to step up or get left behind.:eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000