Bonneville Red Rock Scramble Pictures

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
How many machines ended up racing. Any feedback on the course?

I don't have any official numbers but would guess 20-23 utv's showed. This race was a little different than what BOR usually does and it was split up into motos that lasted about an hour. Their where a lot of people that ran more than one class also. And they also did a woman's class so girls drove some of the same utvs in a different race also.

The course was short, only 5 miles. Dugfab and I were out together in his family rhino watching, taking pictures and video. The course started on the motocross track and it was not knocked down or anything and 95% of the people took it easy on the track but their where a few throwing some big hucks.
We didn't drive the track section so I have no feedback on that. Then after that it left the spectator area on some new utv trails that I would rate a simple but very fun. Gradual drop offs that you could come down with speed and get the feeling on the peter meter but not g out. Then down into a wash that lasted about a mile. The wash was not a violent as some Ive seen but did have a Few rocks that could get you if you weren't paying attention. The rocks of danger where all painted Orange but you know how after a few hours a racing a wash nothing looks the same anyways. Then it had some cool little but steep hill climbs then back down into a larger wash that was mostly bigger rocks that where not really sharp or anything but did slow you down. Then after the check point it was mostly typical fun southern Utah Atv Trails that you can rally fast in a UTV but if you’re not paying attention end up driving out of the pucker brush for the last mile and a half untill you hit a gravel graded road that was about .5 miles long the brought you back into the mx track so you could start it all over again.

They did a mass start and that was cool first lap had some tight racing then things would spread out but there was always two or three up front battling it out all race.

I really wish I had a motor in my machine right now because this is one that I would have loved to race. The course was more forgiving then a typical BOR desert race course so it was better for the "Crowd" that races these events in my opinion. Everyone I talked with had a great time. Lots of classes and lots of trophy's where handed out and that was cool to see. Also with this style of race some people did have issues but where able to make it back fix it and get out for the next moto.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000