budget minded intercoms

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
I think you need to read your own posts

This package includes:
4 Watt Blackbox radio programmed to the standard baja frequencies.
Radio Box made to mount to your rollcage to hold the radio securely
Car Harness - this connects everything together
H22 Pro Series Over the Head headset
Connecting jumper to connect radio to car harness
3' cable to connect headset to car harness
Coil Cord Push To Talk -Velcro Mount - Connect to steering wheel, shifter, etc

Retail on this kit is $556.95 piecing all parts together from our website. UTVUG Members get it for the special price of $349!

so where does the 50watt come in at $325???
Pretty sure I know what I sell products for ;)

Wanna be cheap? I can do a 4 watt handheld radio for $160 or a 5 watt handheld for $200 which is also dust/water proof. Keep in mind thats JUST a radio, aka 'walkie talkie' which you would just hold up to your mouth and use. If you just wanted to do a headset to that its $100 extra and $32 for a coil cord to connect the two. That would be truly the budget setup.

Right now our special on the car to car addition to our intercom system is $375 normally $450. The intercom<-->radio connecting cable is $50 so I can sell you a 50watt mobile for yourself for $325. Thats a vertex VX2200 50 watt mobile, antenna mount with 17' cable and the antenna itself.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Pretty sure I know what I sell products for ;)

Wanna be cheap? I can do a 4 watt handheld radio for $160 or a 5 watt handheld for $200 which is also dust/water proof. Keep in mind thats JUST a radio, aka 'walkie talkie' which you would just hold up to your mouth and use. If you just wanted to do a headset to that its $100 extra and $32 for a coil cord to connect the two. That would be truly the budget setup.

Right now our special on the car to car addition to our intercom system is $375 normally $450. The intercom<-->radio connecting cable is $50 so I can sell you a 50watt mobile for yourself for $325. Thats a vertex VX2200 50 watt mobile, antenna mount with 17' cable and the antenna itself.
That is the point, have a package for the radio, headset and cord and mounting box

more peeps will buy it that way, especially since the PTT is on the headset.

Then list add ons available.

BTW, Don't get so Cocky on My thread, I have bought from you and send peeps your way and I and Bordhead got your boss started on these forums, so you guys could sell more stuff.

Booyaa

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Rugged is the shizzy!!! No one can touch there deals and service!!! Keep it up Matt!! Dont forget to hit up WayTay, Hapa, and Turbo while your at it!!! Unleashed was capitilizing on you being offline last night and were getting Hapa to get intercom form then!! get on it son!!!

Rog you going to M4SX?

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
Rugged is the shizzy!!! No one can touch there deals and service!!! Keep it up Matt!! Dont forget to hit up WayTay, Hapa, and Turbo while your at it!!! Unleashed was capitilizing on you being offline last night and were getting Hapa to get intercom form then!! get on it son!!!

Rog you going to M4SX?
thats because they sell rugged products too :confused:

I love their product it works good. I just cant stand how their product prices jump around.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
well then that works for Unleashed adn Rugged! I didnt know that.

I can see how the price fluctuations can drive someone nuts but its better than a company like PCI and or RacerX sitting there with CONSITANTLY high prices! I love the deals Rugged offers!!! No one else is doing it for the community like they are.

FernandezRacing

Off Road Swap Meet - UTVUnderground Approved Spons
Jan 15, 2009
Im confussed lets make it easy,How much does a 2 person headset cost?and does the radio or ipod hook up to it? Is everyting i need included??????????????

COST???????

RuggedRadios

Official UTVUnderground Communications Sponsor
Jan 20, 2009
Arroyo Grande, CA
www.ruggedradios.com
Im confussed lets make it easy,How much does a 2 person headset cost?and does the radio or ipod hook up to it? Is everyting i need included??????????????

COST???????
What is a 2 person headset?

Call PCI and ask them to knock $5 off the price. They wont.

Guess you are gonna be real pissed off when we drop a $299 complete intercom package here in a bit huh Kyle? :eek:

Im done with this thread, PM if interested in something.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az

Rog you going to M4SX?
Prob not, gotta put the all new Teryx banana back together, got the chassis back from powder, starting tonight on build up.

Plus getting the new modified TK ready for Sunday testing.

Looks like I will not race the Drive series now, since I would be the only one there in UTV. Kinda worthless to run laps by myself and pay to do so! lol

Rog

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...

Guess you are gonna be real pissed off when we drop a $299 complete intercom package here in a bit huh Kyle? :eek:

I wish I ordered it less then 60 days ago- I would be disputing the charges in heart beat and save a few hundred $'s

Mush

Food Stamp Ninja - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 16, 2009
Hendertucky NV

ya it does piss people off, and if your gonna make a joke outta of it it's really gonna piss people off, i just dropped a dime on my system for 399 from you, and your gonna sit here and tease kyle over an even lower price. i was a little pissed when you came out with the last offer with the upgraded headsets and all, coulda said somethin, but you guys took care of me 100% so i figured oh well, no biggie. Better rethink your approach there bud. So before i think about adding the radio to my intercom system, are you gonna lower the prices on that anytime soon?

Mush

Jan 16, 2009
Hendertucky NV
sweet turbo you'll love it i just did my intercom, and love it. now i want to add a radio to the mix..

TURBO

I Fly Rhino's For a Living - UTVUnderground Approv
Jan 16, 2009
Solvang CA...30MIN FROM PISMO
Car to car is all I wanted but what the hell some one might one day want to ride with me...and now I can put a bais stition at camp just incase some one needs help... that realy makes this coin spent good

Mush

Jan 16, 2009
Hendertucky NV
ok i will have the hole sha-bang any one wana be my passenger :D you can whear a carbon fiber head set...LOL THANX RUGGED
ah your gonna love it turbo, i just put the intercom only in mine to start, now i want a radio, IMO put the intercom on the dash somewhere you can reach it when driving, you'll have to fine tune the vox once in a while, i put mine in the glove box, i will prob move it to the dash, so i can reach it for small adjustments here and there on the fly.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000