building a rzr 900 xp for worcs

azrider717

Jan 10, 2013
Im about to build a xp for the worcs pro class, what are some must haves? Lookingat the holz race kit, or what would you guys do? Also would a stock motor do fine in pro class or do i need to build it up? Thanks, cody

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
I ran my XP a few worcs races last season, and it was an awesome platform to work with, throw on a cage/doors, a good spring and shock package and if you want to drop money in the motor to try and run up front you can but keep it reliable.. we built some high clearance boxed arms that worked out well and the car was alot of fun. I would make sure you get some beadlocks as the Worcs series is an awesome gran prix style of racing. Also remember if your gonna build the car for worcs only, cut all the weight possible

Reactions: 1 person

azrider717

Jan 10, 2013
In looking to spend around 25k, i found a rzr with cage and doors for 14k which leaves about 11k to put into it.

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
I ran my XP a few worcs races last season, and it was an awesome platform to work with, throw on a cage/doors, a good spring and shock package and if you want to drop money in the motor to try and run up front you can but keep it reliable.. we built some high clearance boxed arms that worked out well and the car was alot of fun. I would make sure you get some beadlocks as the Worcs series is an awesome gran prix style of racing. Also remember if your gonna build the car for worcs only, cut all the weight possible

azrider717

Jan 10, 2013
So for suspension what you guys think about the hcr kit? Or is there something better out there? Also would a 975cc kit be very reliable?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
HCR kit is too wide for WORCS in my opinion. I would keep it stock width. At worcs you need to be nimble, light, and be able to turn with ease as to not fatigue. You also need the balls to jump. No knock on HCR. The kit is sick but not necessary. I would stick with a beefed up stock width suspension. Like James said, try and save weight. That is key!!

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
I would agree with Joey on not going with the HCR lt kit cause the car does not need to be wider which will make your turning radius larger and you do not want that. Main thing I would do is try to cut as much weight as possible then you will not need motor work!

WERACE

Walker Evans Racing - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Feb 23, 2011
Redlands
www.walkerevansent.com
That's a good start for a light reliable car, a mild motor (head work, high compression pistons) can be done down the road when your able to out-drive what you have.

Last edited:

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
What they said. No need for a wider car. The Holz kit is awesome. I built two of those and raced WORCS full season. Holz product is top notch, light weight and clean. You don't need to add radios, pumpers, gauges, or any of that crap. Strip it. Make it safe, simple n run it. The stock motor is fine also.
O, and buy a good seat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000