Burnett RZR Burns To Ground

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Holy Cow! I had to read this a few times to comprehend two cars burned up in one day! That's beyond a bad day. As long as everyone got out safe that's the most important thing.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
And he has a broken Heel with a cast probably on it. Hope everyone was ok. That is unbelievable!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Seems odd? Whats the chance your car burns down, then to have two cars burn down in the same day? Crazy! What was the cause? I would assume its a prep issue?

Good way to get out of a contract! LOL! Just Kidding. It's been a rough year for Marc.

desertrippa

Sep 28, 2014
Could it have been an exhaust issue? Just saying this because more than likely it is the only thing both cars share. His pre-runner looks stock in the photos so it couldn't have been any type of issue to do with a fuel cell unless he does have one in there.

btw not trying to call out who he gets his exhaust systems from just curious.

Long Travel Ind.

Human Welding Machine - UTVUnderground Approved
May 31, 2009
anaheim
The first car that burnt down was his stock 4seater.. Zero modifications to it..... As for the race car it looks like it might have been the fuel rail but not a 100% sure

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: desertrippa

BRONCOBOY

Sep 22, 2014
Temecula
The first car that burnt down was his stock 4seater.. Zero modifications to it..... As for the race car it looks like it might have been the fuel rail but not a 100% sure

WOW I cant imagine having a day like this, I have been thinking about upgrading to a billet fuel rail for my car

kornfed

May 13, 2015
Costa Mesa
www.tetraracing.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
This makes me ill... I can't believe this happened. We were just talking about how great the 1905 looked at the shop the other day. Unreal. Glad Marc is physically OK. Mentally, he is got to be a mess.

goMRgo

Jan 17, 2013
Brea, CA
Derek Murray and our #1917 crew saw the plume of smoke while pre-running way ahead of this point on track. Made us sick knowing it was someone's vehicle and prayed that everyone got out in time. Thank you Lord!

We missed Marc, Fernando and his team out there race day. Looking forward to seeing #1905 reborn and at a race in the near future.

george.felix

George
Jan 11, 2015
Houston, Texas
Taking the opportunity to state what's obvious to some but maybe not all......if you transport fuel in the back of a stock RZR and it leaks into the bed it will drain out right on top of your hot exhaust and my guess 99% of the time it will ignite. Take my word for it don't try this at home.

Also, any fuel leak from the fuel rail or fuel line could possibly reach the exhaust and poof!

Oh yeah spare tire too close to exhaust makes a nice fire......personal experience.

Reactions: kornfed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000