Buying in Arizona?

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
Hey guys I'm looking at selling my teryx for a new xp1000 4 seat and was thinking about buying it in Arizona. I live in so cal but do have a house in Arizona. Is there any benefit to buying out there. I understand I still have to pay taxes (8.6%) since it will be from a dealer but is there still a green sticker like tag/fee that Arizona has that I would have to pay every year. Can I make it street legal for out there? Any info is a big help. Thanks.

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
From what I understand from private party to private party there are no taxes required. But if you buy from a dealer you are required to pay taxes.

Brayla

Oct 4, 2013
Southern AZ
You are required in AZ to have a "motorcycle" plate, with an annual off-highway vehicle tag if you are not going to make it street legal.

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
the dealer is selling me a package that includes mirror, windshield,license plate light, and horn does this make it street legal or is this what it takes to get a motorcycle plate? he said he couldnt sell me a "street legal" kit but this was his "offroad" package???

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
the dealer is selling me a package that includes mirror, windshield,license plate light, and horn does this make it street legal or is this what it takes to get a motorcycle plate? he said he couldnt sell me a "street legal" kit but this was his "offroad" package???

yup thats all you need to be street legal in AZ, it wont be street legal in any other state though. street legal mc plate and OHV sticker and you are set to enjoy the OHV areas in AZ and other states who reciprocate.

Mar 31, 2010
Flagstaff, AZ
Call Northland up here in Flagstaff and ask for Chris in sales. He will get you pointed int he right direction. Also he ordered 22 of the new XP1K4 so he will be eager to get rid of a few

Thrill Seeker

Oct 21, 2013
Simi Valley
Ours is set up that way no advantage I found to buying it in AZ, however I have as a dual sport, AE: Motorcycle plate in AZ & green sticker (a CA thing the dealer stated).

Oc1

Apr 21, 2011
Call Northland up here in Flagstaff and ask for Chris in sales. He will get you pointed int he right direction. Also he ordered 22 of the new XP1K4 so he will be eager to get rid of a few
I hope they are better with SXS than they are with motorcycles. I drove up to Flag to check out a KTM they had on line. Took forever to get anyone to help me than found out they don't even carry the model I wanted, even though they had it listed on-line as in stock. Kind of rude to boot. I won't be back that's for sure!

moto4life9099

Jan 17, 2011
I hope they are better with SXS than they are with motorcycles. I drove up to Flag to check out a KTM they had on line. Took forever to get anyone to help me than found out they don't even carry the model I wanted, even though they had it listed on-line as in stock. Kind of rude to boot. I won't be back that's for sure!
Luck for me I put my deposit down with Parker Yamaha and they have been great. Thanks again to everyone that replied

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000