Cal City Desert races

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
$55 bucks to race UTVs in the desert, and the rules from what I hear of very simple, I plan on racing a few of these between Worcs races, some of the Worcs guys raced this series last year and said it was alot of fun

AVE Racing announced this morning that starting today, it is lowering its entry fees to $55.00 for all classes (MCs, ATVs & UTVs) in an effort to bring back the numbers of racers that used to participate in the SuperCourse events.
The extra $25 went for the use of the IRC Tracking units. And, although IRC worked out a great deal with AVE, it proved to be a bit over the top for local riders under the current economical conditions.
"We are still working with IRC for a much lower and more extensive method of not only keeping track of every racer's laps during the event, but also automatically scoring them. In the meantime, I trust that our racers will be honest enough to stay on the marked course or we face losing our deserts." said Lou Peralta, promoter of the events.

But times have proven to be tough, and people just don't have the money to come out to the desert, not when gasoline and diesel prices still hover over $4.00 a gallon.
Peralta said that AVE has to do something about making it more affordable for the racers, people who love and want to race but can't afford it. "I can't tell you how many people call us and say they would like to race, but just to get here is well over a couple of hundred dollars. We understand." said Peralta.
The new entry fee structure, starting for this weekend is $55.00 for any class. Peralta is working still with IRC to develop a tracking and scoring system at a much lower cost, so that it can be amortized over a longer period of time, and not have to increase the entry fees. AVE is the only organization promoting desert events in the 203 square miles of desert in California City. "We don't want to quit now because it will be much harder to revive the series. So we must keep plugging ahead. We also know that it may be too late for this weekend but we're going to do everything possible to bring people into the city. California City needs it as well."

Those few entries received prior to this announcement will either get their extra $25 back or it can be applied to the next event in the eight-event SuperCourse Desert Series.

The event for this weekend is the 13.2-mile SuperCourse #2, Saturday, April 28. For more details go to: Off-Road Racing - Dirt Racing DESERT RACING - Alta Vista Events - OFF-ROAD & DIRT RACING

AVE

Sasquatch

Nov 3, 2011
I tried my first Alta Vista race this past weekend. It was a very low turnout, but a lot of fun. Hopefully once word spreads that entry fee's are reduced, this series will pick up. You don't need your ride to be as modded as all the other bigger UTV series. Plus they'll have the only night race in CA this year!
Here's a vid of the last couple laps;
[ame=http://youtu.be/69oKpaiuB1o]Alta Vista Events SuperCourse 2 - YouTube[/ame]

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
We raced there last year and it was a lot of fun! It's just a little too far for us to go for a couple hour race. Would love to go again if the races were longer.

Mar 27, 2012
There are several different utv classes as well as dirtbikes and quads. The website is www.averacing.com and has more info on the different classes.

Rules are pretty simple, they want us to be safe so UTV's need to have doors, safety window nets are preferred but they will allow wrist restraints, fire extinguisher, helmets, etc. if you have any questions Lou puts on the race and you can email him at [email protected].

This coming race is four 25 mile laps and is a team race where you team up with someone from a different class whether that is another UTV or a quad or dirtbike. If you don't have a team mate before you get to the race, I'm sure their will be other guys looking for teammates. You DO'NOT race each other's vehicles, it is a timed race so winners are determined by you and your team mates lap times. It's a little confusing and the first time Lou is trying this.

This race series is a lot of fun. I ran all 6 races last year in my stock Rzr S and had a blast with my 66 year old dad as my co-pilot . Lou lets us camp for free at the start/finish on his property. The courses are well marked and thought out. He has also dropped the entry fee from $150 for UTVs last year to $55 and the winners get trophies.

Mar 27, 2012
Yep same Lou. Should be a great race. What are you racing? I'll be taking my new XP out for her first race. Look forward to meeting you there. If you want to PM me your email address I'll send you the last email update with the entry form and course map.

Mar 27, 2012
Below is the info from the latest e-mail from Lou at Alta Vista Events

INFORMATION FOR SUPER-C #3 & TEAM #1

We heard a lot of pros and cons regarding the Super-C #3 – Team #1 event, May 26, 2012. “I don’t like for someone else to ride my bike or car…†“Why can’t we use two bikes?†“Why can’t we use just one Quad?†“Nobody is driving my UTV.â€
AS THEY SAY, YOU CAN’T PLEASE ANY ONE
So here it is:
· The event is a four-lap event.
· Each lap is approximately 28 miles
· Choose another partner, no matter in what class or division he/she races in
· Give your team a name or number and make sure that when you fill out your entry form you indicate who is your teammate, and the team “name†or “numberâ€
· You race like always, trying to be the overall and the best in your class
· At the end of the four laps (event) we will post the Overall results and class results
· Based on the overall position you finished and that of your “teammate†you will earn a certain amount of points
· For example you finished First Overall which equals: 1 pt.
· Your partner raced in the Quad Class and he finished 8th overall among all entries. That means that your partner earned 8 pts.
· Now you add your 1 + 8 = 9 pts. That’s your total points for the Team
· Your buddy finished 2nd and his partner was 6th. Their total = 8 points
· But your Brother-in-Law finished 3rd and his wife was 4th. Their total = 7 points
· WHO WON? Why it’s the third team that had a 3rd and a 4th which when combined = 7 pts. They had the lowest amount in points, therefore they are winners! We’re applying the KISS Principal here.
· Since we are starting each racer one every 15 seconds, that means that each is racing against his own time, no matter where you started.
· The rest of the race is much like the others, except that we have three areas that you will have the option to go “either/or.†Meaning that these sections may be a bit more difficult.
· When you pre-run (Opens Fri, before the event, between Noon and 5 p.m.) you will have to decide which route to take.
· Note: The easier route is a bit longer, so you will lose time.
· This portion of the course is also meant to be used by those participating in the POKER RUN FUN event next day, Sunday, May 27th.
· WE will be marking the course the Tuesday before the event and we will be able to give you the “Course rating†by sections then.
· You are all invited to stick around, camp out Saturday night (no charge), and join us on Sunday for a fun time with lots of prizes to give out.
· WE have posted the revised course on the website and the entry form.
· REMEMBER: We have lowered drastically our entry fees for everyone. If you sign up early you can race with us as cheaply as $45.00 per entry. But you must sign early (see entry form).
· Also remember that we will have event T-shirts available right at the start/finish and you can customize them. More on this later.

We hope to see many of you. In the meantime, go to: www.averacing.com for more details.

Attachments

XPirate

Sep 9, 2011
Bakertucky
I'd love too try it out, but I don't have some of the safety requirements yet...and I don't think I could make it out for the pre-running on friday.... maybe I can make one later on in the year...

Apr 11, 2011
Santa Clarita
Casey, Im in if I can clear it with my wife, I pull alot of me time and just need to be smooth about it!

I think any one who can go or wants to just needs to get there, there is no cheaper desert series we need to support opprotunities like these.

As far as not having the safety stuff, run down to autozone get a yellow trailer light and ziptie it on, call DJ safety and have them send you a net and drivers suit, probably $140.

Xpirate just where the suit in your avatar!!

From what I here he will work with you to pass tech.

And Im sure its like Worcs, competetors will help pit!

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2012
Tech inspection has not been a huge deal in the past. They are looking to keep us all safe so they will require a fire extinguisher, minimum 4 point harnesses, amber dust light and they prefer window nets but I ran my first race with wrist restraints (which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be). Lou will most likely let you run the first race without a fire suit but if you think you are going to stick with it it's a good investment.
This is a great, cost effective series where you can dip your toe into desert racing without breaking the bank. The course is very well marked so pre-runningon Friday is helpful but not mandatory. It would be great if we can get a solid group of racers to attend the events. The night race is coming in a few months which was really fun last year.

Mar 27, 2012
That's great news Dave. Weather is going to be perfect in the high 70's, a first timer is also coming from the Rzr forum. Should be another fun race. Are you coming out on Friday?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000