California Dealers?

Wildhorse

Oct 26, 2015
The wife and I are likely going to buy a RZR 1000XP in the next week or so and I'm wondering about good dealers.

Regarding price I've been all over the net and everybody without exception advertises MSRP minus the factory rebate, and a few go on to call that a sale. In your experience do the dealers go down typically from MSRP? I'm wondering if this is similar to buying a car? I'm finding it odd that nobody has teaser ads implying their rock bottom price.

Would any of you recommend specific dealers for noticeably treating you right? We have a local dealer but I'm not feeling it, mostly from seeing their service department and how they are caring for RZR's that are in for service. My wife wanted to see one with aftermarket seats before she agrees to buying one, and the only one on the property was a customers in for service. They were not great custodians of their customers property. I'll stop there, but we were not dazzled.

What is a fair deal on one of these? I don't expect to, nor want to beat them up, but I don't want to get taken either.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Jetworld Powersports in Castaic. Good people and they have good pricing.

http://jetworldpowersports.com

Bert's Mega Mall has always treated me right. They will deal.

Simi RV has some 2 seaters just sitting on the floor. Sounded like they are looking to make deals, when I was in there a week ago.

Is the big dealer near the 99 the only dealer in Bakersfield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rzrcsi

La Familia
Jun 18, 2012
Central Cal.
Sorry Valley Cycle didn't look appealing to you. They have always treated me right. And yes, their service storage area leaves something to be desired but I've always gotten same day service done so I haven't had to leave any rides there over night. I believe they really are trying both sales and service. JM2C

There is a dealer in Santa Maria that we visited last summer that was willing to deal but only match what you find else ware. Good if you're local in Santa Maria but not so much if in Bakersfield area.

Wildhorse

Oct 26, 2015
Okay since it's no secret now the dealer we were at here's what we saw. The Turbo RZR that was outside was owned by somebody that had a small fortune in it. You name it, it was on it. It was clean and looked well cared for. It was sitting outside with a 2-3" puddle in each seat of nasty brown, living water. Heaped up in the puddles were the guys harnesses. They looked like they were clearly going to be less than something the owner would like. The service manager as well as the sales guy saw it and left it that way. My wife lifted the belts out of the water and set them aside from the water on the passenger side. She told them that she wouldn't be happy if this was ours in a mostly friendly way, but neither guy stepped up and did the other side where they were standing close by. They could truly care less that the harnesses and buckles were soaking in this nasty water. She went and did that one as well. Okay it was a small thing, but it was telling of what to expect. Anal? I guess we are, but we're great to buy something from because it. LOL

So with this aside, dealing with the front office..... Do they deal? In truth I'll be working on it myself anyhow. I don't need them to love me or my RZR.

CSG

xc racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 13, 2009
Sulphur, La
Until Polaris recalls them and only the dealer you purchased from will touch it...

Rzrcsi

La Familia
Jun 18, 2012
Central Cal.
Yes, they have been known to deal. They did right by me. But of course it depends on the car you want, how many are sitting there, how hard to come by it is, how much cash you have, etc.

Wildhorse

Oct 26, 2015
That's good to know that they deal some at Bakersfield. We just want a base 1000 XP and some seats, harnesses, and a roof to start.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000