Can-Am Adds Desert Racer Matt Burroughs For The 2017 Racing Season

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Can-Am Adds Desert Racer Matt Burroughs For The 2017 Racing Season
‘Monster’ Matt to compete in the 2017 Best in the Desert Racing Series in new Can-Am Maverick X3 X rs side-by-side vehicle

Can-Am off-road has added “Monster” Matt Burroughs to its 2017 Can-Am racing team. Burroughs, will compete in the 2017 Best in the Desert (BITD) racing series as well as both the legendary Baja 500 and Baja 1000 with the new Can-Am Maverick X3 X rs Turbo R side-by-side vehicle, which supplies 154 horsepower and up to 24 inches of suspension travel in stock form.

“I can’t begin to tell you how pumped I am to be joining the Can-Am racing family for 2017,” stated Burroughs. “I just finished my first testing session this past weekend in a bone-stock 2017 Can-Am Maverick X3 X rs side-by-side vehicle and was simply blown away by the vehicle. The power and suspension are astonishing!”

Burroughs may be a relative newcomer to the side-by-side racing spectrum of desert racing, making his debut in 2015, but he’s actually been racing off-road on dirt bikes for 30 years in AMA District 37 and since 1997 in the BITD series. Burroughs, who is the VP and Senior Corporate Controller at Monster Energy, has had previous factory racing support from Husqvarna, where he won the 2003 125cc Pro BITD Lauglin US Hare Scrambles Championship.

Over the last couple seasons of BITD racing behind the wheel of a side-by-side, Burroughs has made a steady climb in the Pro UTV ranks. In fact, this year alone has seen him finish second overall Pro UTV at Vegas To Reno as well as in the runner-up spot in the Pro Production UTV ranks at both the Laughlin Desert Classic and the Blue Water Desert Challenge. Heading into his third full season of BITD side-by-side racing, Burroughs will enter the Pro Turbo UTV class with his new No. 948 Monster Energy / Can-Am Maverick X3 X rs side-by-side vehicle.

“Our team is constantly striving to have the best race car on the track and we believe we have that with the Can-Am Maverick X3 X rs. Although we have only had the vehicle a short time, the team is confident we can put the Can-Am Maverick X3 consistently on the podium in 2017,” explained Burroughs.

Burroughs will make his official Can-Am debut with the new Maverick X3 at the 2017 BITD Parker 250 scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 7, 2017 in Parker, Ariz.

Reactions: Goodtimes

kmb760

Mar 28, 2013
It's interesting to me to join with Can-Am now or wait a couple months for a 4 seater with a few more inches of wheelbase. Maybe this longer 2 seater is what he thinks is the magic number

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
This will be a great season for Can Am and the future Teams will be cool. I cant wait. Looks like Polaris has bought up some more small teams, Hopefully these small guys dont get cut in a year or so if Polaris cuts back on sponsorships. Go Matt... I see a few Bad ass Monster Cars out front now.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Polaris will own 90% of the Teams and that wont stop Can Am from getting on that Box and next year Polaris will pull back on sponsorships and leave some guys hanging out to dry.
Stocks are down and profits are Bad and more Recalls are coming out and also Recalls for that stupid Slingshot thing also. It's not looking very positive. I see some changes coming.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Polaris will own 90% of the Teams and that wont stop Can Am from getting on that Box and next year Polaris will pull back on sponsorships and leave some guys hanging out to dry.
Stocks are down and profits are Bad and more Recalls are coming out and also Recalls for that stupid Slingshot thing also. It's not looking very positive. I see some changes coming.

Damn Polaris will OWN 90% of the teams??? Thats crazy!! That means they must be signing like 20,30 + teams!!?? DAMN! Tell us more!

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Damn Polaris will OWN 90% of the teams??? Thats crazy!! That means they must be signing like 20,30 + teams!!?? DAMN! Tell us more!
I should also have been more precise in my words.. The cars all being Polaris cars makes the Odds against Team Can Am very interesting and I do believe the Can Am guys are gonna give them Hell in the future.
I apologize for not being clear to what I was thinking as the fun of TRUMP WINNING had me all out of sorts. Lol. Glad that Race is over. Looking forward to my favorite Underdog Team Can Am to get it done these next few seasons.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I should also have been more precise in my words.. The cars all being Polaris cars makes the Odds against Team Can Am very interesting and I do believe the Can Am guys are gonna give them Hell in the future.
I apologize for not being clear to what I was thinking as the fun of TRUMP WINNING had me all out of sorts. Lol. Glad that Race is over. Looking forward to my favorite Underdog Team Can Am to get it done these next few seasons.

lol Just making sure you didn't know something the rest of us didn't. I know a couple new teams have been signed, albeit guys that have paid dues, but you had me thinking there was a whole lot more getting locked up.

I wonder when the other guy/s being signed by Can-Am will announce?

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I hate it but I'm always taking sides with the underdogs. I have been a huge Rotax Can Am guy since 2006 when I did the first Rotax motor swap ever. I fell in love with that thing Lol.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I think it's gonna be Fun either way. Racing always needs different horses in the Race otherwise who the Hell really wants to watch.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
You know I was a Trump guy from Day 1.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member