Can Am Monster Maveric Wins Baja 500

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Awesome race for them. Since Can Am mavericks have only been on the scene since 2013 and they are Dominating racing circuits now across the country there Racing presence will be felt all over as more people realize how great a machine they really are. Polaris will no longer be the King of the Hill now that there is competition other than a Tyrex. Or Rhino. Lol if you called those competitor's. Hehe. The Domination for Polaris is over.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Awesome race for them. Since Can Am mavericks have only been on the scene since 2013 and they are Dominating racing circuits now across the country there Racing presence will be felt all over as more people realize how great a machine they really are. Polaris will no longer be the King of the Hill now that there is competition other than a Tyrex. Or Rhino. Lol if you called those competitor's. Hehe. The Domination for Polaris is over.

Dominating is a strong word. Competing is a more accurate description.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Dominating is a strong word. Competing is a more accurate description.
The way I see it right now when they are racing events Can Am is out numbered by huge margins of Polaris product so yes right now they are competing! Can AM mavericks have barely been on the Racing scene for 1 year and look where they are. Now the part where I say Dominate is in the future. Dominating the Races is where I see it going for Can Am and the Maverick line up. Not bad considering there a 1 year old Product now. The Future for Can Am looks really Good.
Look how they are doing in the GNCC series and what just Happened at the Mud Nationals. They KILLED IT...:D Great Job Marc and Reid..

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
The way I see it right now when they are racing events Can Am is out numbered by huge margins of Polaris product so yes right now they are competing! Can AM mavericks have barely been on the Racing scene for 1 year and look where they are. Now the part where I say Dominate is in the future. Dominating the Races is where I see it going for Can Am and the Maverick line up. Not bad considering there a 1 year old Product now. The Future for Can Am looks really Good.

Look how they are doing in the GNCC series and what just Happened at the Mud Nationals. They KILLED IT...:D Great Job Marc and Reid..

Only because I like to play devils advocate I will say this... The Maverick has been around longer then the XP1000 platform!!

But anyway, I see what your trying to say. The reality is this, the machine has very little to do with the success in this form of racing in my personal opinion. The reason you are seeing strong results from the CanAm team in Baja this year is not because the Maverick is superior or the RZRs that the others are driving are inferior, it's because of the teams driving and competing in them. The Murray's, Sappington and of course Burnett are experienced and well seasoned racers who have now figured out the bugs and are running solid programs. These same guys could get in RZRs and produce the same results in time and the same could be said for the RZR drivers if they flip flopped.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Yup lol Can Am is dominating Baja and is undefeated. They should buy Reid a new rv and a couple comfy beds for his dogs for all the good work.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BrianReno

Aug 19, 2012
Reno, NV
Joey,

You can't say that you like to play devil's advocate, you have to try to play devils advocate and you are walking a fine line with all the Polaris money that get's dumped in your lap.

I'm sure this is going to get me kicked off the site but I'm really hoping to see an honest race report with some action photos of not only Polaris but all the other machines that were entered in the race. Seeing is how Polaris funds all of the things that are going covered it's pretty safe to say that this race report as well as media coverage (photos and video) will be based around the factory supported Polaris teams and will only highlight some of the other teams those being mostly Polaris as well.

It would be great to see a true un-biased forum but when you Joey D. are riding co-dawg in one the premiere Polaris Racing rides it's hard to see that changing on this site anytime soon.

I can't wait for the FULL race report...

Last edited:

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Only because I like to play devils advocate I will say this... The Maverick has been around longer then the XP1000 platform!!

But anyway, I see what your trying to say. The reality is this, the machine has very little to do with the success in this form of racing in my personal opinion. The reason you are seeing strong results from the CanAm team in Baja this year is not because the Maverick is superior or the RZRs that the others are driving are inferior, it's because of the teams driving and competing in them. The Murray's, Sappington and of course Burnett are experienced and well seasoned racers who have now figured out the bugs and are running solid programs. These same guys could get in RZRs and produce the same results in time and the same could be said for the RZR drivers if they flip flopped.
Anything is possible I guess. But Jagged, Cognito, Parks, Sims all have Similar Skills and have raced Baja. The Baja 1000 will also truly prove the Superior Machine I guess. That's where all the Custom Build Fab will Truly Shine.
The XP1k Platform is supposed to be there Top of the Line Culmination of years of testing and building as a Manufacturer. Can Am has 1 year as a sport Machine Period. The Motor Marc was running was a Bone Stock motor. What Im thinking is there gonna go big in the future. If Marc gets some top end speed on that Mav look out... All of the Polaris guys are running hopped up motors and way faster Cars. I cant wait to see the rest of the races now. :cool:

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Just an fyi - Sims motor is completely stock from intake including filter to exhaust and that all includes programmer and everything else in between.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
BrianReno you won't get kicked off Joey D is a pretty fair guy and it really takes allot to get the boot. When polaris is paying for media they have to follow the customer request were just lucky the class gets the coverage it does. If someone like CBS or ESPN was paying then you would see a full unbiased report.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Jagged runs all stock motors in all cars in all series. The 900 does have a stock jagged edition rzr motor though.

AReed

Oct 2, 2012
Joey,

You can't say that you like to play devil's advocate, you have to try to play devils advocate and you are walking a fine line with all the Polaris money that get's dumped in your lap.

I'm sure this is going to get me kicked off the site but I'm really hoping to see an honest race report with some action photos of not only Polaris but all the other machines that were entered in the race. Seeing is how Polaris funds all of the things that are going covered it's pretty safe to say that this race report as well as media coverage (photos and video) will be based around the factory supported Polaris teams and will only highlight some of the other teams those being mostly Polaris as well.

It would be great to see a true un-biased forum but when you Joey D. are riding co-dawg in one the premiere Polaris Racing rides it's hard to see that changing on this site anytime soon.

I can't wait for the FULL race report...
You aren't the first person to say that. I too wish with the being a non brand specific site that the coverage of different vehicles was more evenly spread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000